ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 19 of 41
« First < 91516171819 2021222329 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Call Your Shot: Who's the Chiefs first pick?
staylor26 09:14 AM 04-19-2024
Rule: You can change your answer up until next Thursday!

This might be the toughest year yet for this. I can see so many different possibilities, especially considering that I think there's a solid chance the Chiefs trade up.

Edit: It's draft day and I'm changing my pick!

Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia

There's way too much smoke about the Chiefs trading up and/or them targeting a LT. I'm going with a guy that I think could make it into our range, who also has the kind of upside that would have Veach itching to make a move to go get him.
[Reply]
ThrobProng 12:12 PM 04-23-2024
Originally Posted by staylor26:
The problem with this is that many people have Kingsley firmly in round 2, so I don't see how it's any different than Legette. Legette's jsut as likely to sneak into the end of round 1.

Again, the Chiefs haven't met with any 1st round players at all.
In your opinion, is that because the Chiefs are eyeing players for pick 32 that most don't feel are 1st rounders? Maybe they're likely to trade back?
[Reply]
O.city 12:13 PM 04-23-2024
The problem with this is that many people have Kingsley firmly in round 2, so I don't see how it's any different than Legette. Legette's jsut as likely to sneak into the end of round 1.

Again, the Chiefs haven't met with any 1st round players at all in terms of top 30 visits.
I don't think they really view themselves in position to draft any "true" first round guys. At 32, they'll be taking a 2nd round prospect for the most part.

If that's the case and they're ok with it, take the LT
[Reply]
Jerm 12:14 PM 04-23-2024
Originally Posted by ThrobProng:
In your opinion, is that because the Chiefs are eyeing players for pick 32 that most don't feel are 1st rounders? Maybe they're likely to trade back?
I just don't think they want to tip their hand possibly...

I don't see any scenario Veach trades back from 32.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:14 PM 04-23-2024
Originally Posted by O.city:
I don't think they really view themselves in position to draft any "true" first round guys. At 32, they'll be taking a 2nd round prospect for the most part.

If that's the case and they're ok with it, take the LT
But they typically meet with some 1st round guys that have question marks due to injury, character, etc. in case they fall.

You'd think there would be a Mitchell, Fautanu, etc. in there.
[Reply]
Jerm 12:15 PM 04-23-2024
Originally Posted by Warrick:
For the people answering Worthy... What can Worthy do that Hollywood Brown can't? Also, Worthy is like 165 lbs which is in the class of Dexter McCluster being rocked all over the field again.
Hollywood is here for one year...and so what that they're similar.

Is there a quota on fast as hell field stretchers or something?
[Reply]
staylor26 12:15 PM 04-23-2024
Originally Posted by ThrobProng:
See the post above this one. It's definitely different than every other year.

Logic says it would make sense if they're planning on trading down, but I just don't see the value in getting another 4th and losing that 5th year option.
[Reply]
New World Order 12:16 PM 04-23-2024
We haven’t signed a fatty, so I’m assuming we go tackle
[Reply]
O.city 12:17 PM 04-23-2024
But they typically meet with some 1st round guys that have question marks due to injury, character, etc. in case they fall.

You'd think there would be a Mitchell, Fautanu, etc. in there.
Eh, possibly.

There's so much space between where most of them will go and where the Chiefs are though. Just seems like a waste.
[Reply]
bsp4444 12:25 PM 04-23-2024
Originally Posted by New World Order:
We haven’t signed a fatty, so I’m assuming we go tackle
Patrick Paul is my guess.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:26 PM 04-23-2024
Patrick Paul is definitely a popular pick the last couple of days. Watched the Underdog NFL Draft show and both guys revealed their mocks, and both had the Chiefs taking Paul.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 12:26 PM 04-23-2024
Balto done told y'all were trading for Cooper Kupp and pick 19 for a fatty.
[Reply]
O.city 12:27 PM 04-23-2024
He seems like a riser, or that the draft guys are just catching up with it.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 12:28 PM 04-23-2024
Patrick Paul is definitely a popular pick the last couple of days. Watched the Underdog NFL Draft show and both guys revealed their mocks, and both had the Chiefs taking Paul.
What did Twitter Rick say about him?
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 12:32 PM 04-23-2024
If the Chiefs take a left tackle prospect at 32 most likely it will be two years in a row that our 1st round pick is sitting on the bench all year.
[Reply]
Jerm 12:33 PM 04-23-2024
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
If the Chiefs take a left tackle prospect at 32 most likely it will be two years in a row that our 1st round pick is sitting on the bench all year.
But let's clutch pearls and not dare use these precious picks to actually move up and get a difference maker...
[Reply]
Page 19 of 41
« First < 91516171819 2021222329 > Last »
Up