ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 11 of 13
« First < 7891011 1213 >
Nzoner's Game Room>1/15/21 Injuries: Gay, Watkins OUT - CEH, Yelder QUESTIONABLE
Dante84 01:06 PM 01-15-2021

Andy Reid said Willie Gay (left ankle) & Sammy Watkins (calf) are out for Sunday's game against the Browns.

Clyde Edwards-Helaire (left ankle) & Deon Yelder (groin) are questionable.

— Nate Taylor (@ByNateTaylor) January 15, 2021

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 09:19 PM 01-16-2021
Originally Posted by -King-:
That he can stay healthy and can still he a top option. If he wants another big contract that's what he has to prove again.
First off, he tore his ACL on December 15th so it’s going to be a full year before he’s even close to 100% and most likely, that won’t happen until he’s 30 years old.

Most likely, he’ll be playing on a greatly reduced contact in 2022 and at that point, it’s very unlikely he will ever see a “big” contract again because teams don’t make a habit of paying often injured 31+ year old WR’s.

It’s time for the Chiefs to spend a few higher picks on WR because with the absence of Sammy Watkins, they just don’t have much outside of Hardman, and Robinson is below average and also unlikely to return.

No to OBJ.
[Reply]
ForeverIowan 09:39 PM 01-16-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
First off, he tore his ACL on December 15th so it’s going to be a full year before he’s even close to 100% and most likely, that won’t happen until he’s 30 years old.

Most likely, he’ll be playing on a greatly reduced contact in 2022 and at that point, it’s very unlikely he will ever see a “big” contract again because teams don’t make a habit of paying often injured 31+ year old WR’s.

It’s time for the Chiefs to spend a few higher picks on WR because with the absence of Sammy Watkins, they just don’t have much outside of Hardman, and Robinson is below average and also unlikely to return.

No to OBJ.
He tore his ACL on October 25th. Thornhill tore his on December 29th last year and was back early this year albeit with lingering issues. OBJ should be ready for the start of 2021 season.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 10:09 PM 01-16-2021
Originally Posted by Bl00dyBizkitz:
I guess playoff Sammy will have to wait...
par for the course BUT we all know what happens when he does play in a playoff game.:-)
[Reply]
Coach 10:11 PM 01-16-2021
Originally Posted by ForeverIowan:
He tore his ACL on October 25th. Thornhill tore his on December 29th last year and was back early this year albeit with lingering issues. OBJ should be ready for the start of 2021 season.
I have no desire to add OBJ to this team.

They can get cheap WR's from the market or draft a WR for the same production of OBJ. The only reason why everyone is still fixated on OBJ is because of that one catch in NYG.
[Reply]
-King- 10:50 PM 01-16-2021
Originally Posted by Coach:

They can get cheap WR's from the market or draft a WR for the same production of OBJ. The only reason why everyone is still fixated on OBJ is because of that one catch in NYG.
He has 5 1000+ yard seasons including 3 1300+ seasons. But okay.
[Reply]
ForeverIowan 11:03 PM 01-16-2021
Originally Posted by Coach:

All depends for me on what other options you have. OBJ is a pretty ridiculous talent. Hill, OBJ, Hardman, Kelce just go ahead and pencil us in the AFCCG yet again next year. Pile up these deep postseason runs while the AFC is down. I mean shit we have to beat the Browns and Bills to make it to the SB.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:09 PM 01-16-2021
Originally Posted by ForeverIowan:
Thornhill is 7 years younger and still nowhere near 100%.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:12 PM 01-16-2021
Originally Posted by -King-:
He has 5 1000+ yard seasons including 3 1300+ seasons. But okay.
And he wouldn’t survive in this offense. He wants the ball constantly. It’s not a coincidence that Mayfield has been playing better since OBJ has been out.
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:41 PM 01-16-2021
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Why does everyone think Beckham is so bad? He just turned 28 He had over 1,000 yards last year even with bad Baker. I imagine alot of ppl said the same thing about Randy Moss the yr before the Patriots acquired him and he reeled off career years in his Renaissance.
Someone on here posted that Watkins has played in more games since they entered the league than OBJ. And watkins isn't a cunt.
[Reply]
Chief Northman 11:43 PM 01-16-2021
Where did this OBJ talk come from?
Just stop.
[Reply]
BossChief 01:09 AM 01-17-2021
This is going to be a DEEP FA WR group.

Larry Fitzgerald and AJ Green are both unrestricted FAs that I’m sure would love a chance at a run with Pat.
[Reply]
Megatron96 11:25 AM 01-17-2021
Originally Posted by Wallcrawler:
Put the pipe down, and slowly back away.

What in Gods name makes you believe that D-rop, is just going to decide, out of the ****ing blue, to have his best game of his career after what we have seen from this turd?

Hes a hotdog, and a shitty one to boot. Trying to play hero ball and then if he ONLY drops the football we can consider ourselves lucky. Giving it up for a potential scoop n score at worst.

Thats assuming he actually runs the correct route to even begin with.

If he gets 3 catches and one goes for a first down, ill be plenty stoked.

Mahomes, Kelce, Hill, and some contributions from the run game will win this game.

If we are looking to D-rop and need this dude to not have his head up his ass to win, we are in big ****ing trouble.
Where did I say that DRob was going to decide anything? And where did I say that KC needed a big day out of DRob to win this game? What the hell have you been smoking?

I said he probably would end up having a big day. I know English is like a second language to you, but work on your apprehension.

In a nutshell, here's the thing:

DRob is going to get significantly more snaps than Hardman and Pringle. He always does, but particularly when Sammy doesn't play, DRob assumes most of those snaps. So just by virtue of volume, DRob stands a better chance than the other two of having a big day. It's called math.

DRob understands how to find the soft spot in a zone better than those guys.

Then there's the fact that he's a bigger target than the other two, and he improvs a lot better than Hardman, and probably better than Pringle as well.

So when you combine those facts, well, you do the math.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 11:30 AM 01-17-2021
MOAR PRINGLE.

LESS DROB.

NO OBJ.
[Reply]
Megatron96 11:35 AM 01-17-2021
Originally Posted by Chief Northman:
Where did this OBJ talk come from?
Just stop.
I don't know, but yeah, it's a terrible idea.
[Reply]
JakeF 12:17 PM 01-17-2021
I thought Watkins got to sit out all season because he was superman during the playoffs. Watkins doesn't give a shit about playing. He has just been sitting around collecting a paycheck all year.
[Reply]
Page 11 of 13
« First < 7891011 1213 >
Up