ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 93 of 100
« First < 43838990919293 94959697 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>CBS: The Bills are the team no one, including the Chiefs wants to see in the playoffs
diqlix 09:12 AM 01-04-2021
Mentions the Chiefs several times, so figured you guys would want to see it.

The Bills are the team no one, including the Chiefs wants to see in the playoffs

Forget the Ravens. Forget the Bucs. The team you don't want to play in January is the Buffalo Bills.

With all due respect to the Packers, the AFC's No. 2 overall seed may very well be the second-best team in the NFL.

The Bills crushed the Dolphins 56-26 in a game Miami needed for their playoff hopes. And maybe we didn't see a 30-point win coming, but it's in line with what the Bills have been doing to teams in recent weeks.

Buffalo has had a top-five scoring defense since Week 12. If not for the Hail Murray they would have finished on a 10-game win streak dating back to before Halloween.

And then there's Josh Allen. The third-year franchise quarterback has, in consecutive weeks, set the Bills single-season records for passing touchdowns and passing yards.

What I love most about the Bills is that they aren't even letting teams hang around. Since that Week 10 loss to the Cardinals, not a single team has finished within a possession of the Bills.

I go back to that Week 6 loss to the Chiefs. Head coach Sean McDermott picked his poison and let the Chiefs' run game beat them up so that Patrick Mahomes wouldn't. Kansas City rushed for 245 yards and Mahomes passed for 225 yards.

But with about 5 minutes left in the game and down 23-17, the Bills forced a Clyde Edwards-Helaire fumble that would have given the Bills the ball at the Kansas City 31.

They would have had a chance to take the lead against the Chiefs there. But instead, the replay showed Edwards-Helaire's knee was down just before the ball came out. Mahomes took the Chiefs down for the field goal and that provided the final margin of victory.

Allen is a better quarterback today than he was then. The defense is playing far better ball. And after sweeping the Patriots and beating the likes of the Seahawks and Steelers, the Bills now know how to win big games.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/t...insider-notes/
[Reply]
BigRedChief 01:36 AM 01-17-2021
They should be careful for what they wish for
Attached: A060488B-36C1-449E-A975-37763CEC3520.jpg (34.3 KB) 
[Reply]
Best22 01:42 AM 01-17-2021
Originally Posted by Chiefshrink:
You hope the Bills are not the Kansas City Royals of 2014 catching lightening in a bottle at the right time. :-)
The 2014 Royals were a wild card team. The 2020 Bills are fricking 13-3

I love the 2014 Royals but they only had to beat Oakland, LAA, and Baltimore to win the AL. They didn’t play a single champion, and when they finally did meet an experienced champ, they lost

We ain’t the O’s
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 04:29 AM 01-17-2021
This threads a joke. After watching Bills yesterday I'll gladly have Chiefs play the Bills. Mahomes won't gift them the game the way Lamar and Colts did.
[Reply]
TEX 07:04 AM 01-17-2021
Originally Posted by carcosa:
If you throw a gift wrapped pick six to the Bills late in the third quarter, they WILL make it count!!!
Exactly. And also if the best kicker in the NFL misses TWO very makeable FG's. And also if you are forced to play your back-up QB, who is also a RB playing QB, who cant hit a WIDE OPEN receiver 20 yards down field for a sure TD...
[Reply]
OrtonsPiercedTaint 07:18 AM 01-17-2021
The AFC playoffs have not been impressive
[Reply]
stevieray 07:25 AM 01-17-2021
after last night, can we just forfeit?

:-)
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 07:36 AM 01-17-2021
So I didn't watch the game, but I just watched the highlights. Seems like for one thing the wind was seriously fucking with the kicking game, but other than that, the Bills stumbled into a win. There has not been a team in the AFC that looks dominant, or even scary. The Chiefs need to put the beatdown on the Browns today. There's no reason they can't. But yeah...I'm not afraid of a Bills team that played against a team that just refused to make a play or two which would have won them the game. There was nothing special at all about the Bills, save a few nice throws by Allen.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 07:49 AM 01-17-2021
Ravens 340 Yards

Bills 220 Yards

Lamar made a bad read in the red zone and instead of tying the game 10 10, Buffalo goes up 17 3. Soon after Lamar bangs his head on ground after chasing another terrible snap by his center.

Ravens choked.
[Reply]
Lzen 09:08 AM 01-17-2021
Originally Posted by TEX:
Exactly. And also if the best kicker in the NFL misses TWO very makeable FG's. And also if you are forced to play your back-up QB, who is also a RB playing QB, who cant hit a WIDE OPEN receiver 20 yards down field for a sure TD...
You make good points but if you're going to mention the wind then you have to acknowledge that Josh Allen also missed a wide open Diggs for a sure TD (because of the wind).
[Reply]
KChiefs1 09:22 AM 01-17-2021

[Reply]
TEX 09:29 AM 01-17-2021
Originally Posted by Lzen:
You make good points but if you're going to mention the wind then you have to acknowledge that Josh Allen also missed a wide open Diggs for a sure TD (because of the wind).
True, but it was nowhere near as easy as Whitley's miss. Lamar Jackson missed several throws to wide-open guys also- but that's what he always does. My point is the Ravens outplayed Buffalo and lost. The pick six was a 14 point swing, and was the killer. The bad snap that got Lamar injured didn't help ether. The way I saw it was the Ravens CHOKED this one away.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 09:31 AM 01-17-2021
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
More like lowlights . . . . . . .
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 09:36 AM 01-17-2021
Lamar is still bad as a passer that's literally the only takeaway from this game.. The Bills were baaaaaad. So will the talking heads please shut the fuck up about Lamars growths
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 09:37 AM 01-17-2021
Baltimore literally left 20 plus points on the field missing WIDE OPEN as fuck recivers. No one within several yards. Absolutely embarrassing game.
[Reply]
TEX 09:40 AM 01-17-2021
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
Lamar is still bad as a passer that's literally the only takeaway from this game.. The Bills were baaaaaad. So will the talking heads please shut the **** up about Lamars growths
Man, you said it! He is EXACT SAME RB playing QB that he was in college. No growth. In fact, it was the Ravens who "grew" and completely changed their offense to suit his style of play. Dude is a garbage QB when he must throw - and he will have to in order for that team to take the next step. The talking heads aren't doing him any favors by giving him a pass.
[Reply]
Page 93 of 100
« First < 43838990919293 94959697 > Last »
Up