ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 100
< 12 34561252 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>CBS: The Bills are the team no one, including the Chiefs wants to see in the playoffs
diqlix 09:12 AM 01-04-2021
Mentions the Chiefs several times, so figured you guys would want to see it.

The Bills are the team no one, including the Chiefs wants to see in the playoffs

Forget the Ravens. Forget the Bucs. The team you don't want to play in January is the Buffalo Bills.

With all due respect to the Packers, the AFC's No. 2 overall seed may very well be the second-best team in the NFL.

The Bills crushed the Dolphins 56-26 in a game Miami needed for their playoff hopes. And maybe we didn't see a 30-point win coming, but it's in line with what the Bills have been doing to teams in recent weeks.

Buffalo has had a top-five scoring defense since Week 12. If not for the Hail Murray they would have finished on a 10-game win streak dating back to before Halloween.

And then there's Josh Allen. The third-year franchise quarterback has, in consecutive weeks, set the Bills single-season records for passing touchdowns and passing yards.

What I love most about the Bills is that they aren't even letting teams hang around. Since that Week 10 loss to the Cardinals, not a single team has finished within a possession of the Bills.

I go back to that Week 6 loss to the Chiefs. Head coach Sean McDermott picked his poison and let the Chiefs' run game beat them up so that Patrick Mahomes wouldn't. Kansas City rushed for 245 yards and Mahomes passed for 225 yards.

But with about 5 minutes left in the game and down 23-17, the Bills forced a Clyde Edwards-Helaire fumble that would have given the Bills the ball at the Kansas City 31.

They would have had a chance to take the lead against the Chiefs there. But instead, the replay showed Edwards-Helaire's knee was down just before the ball came out. Mahomes took the Chiefs down for the field goal and that provided the final margin of victory.

Allen is a better quarterback today than he was then. The defense is playing far better ball. And after sweeping the Patriots and beating the likes of the Seahawks and Steelers, the Bills now know how to win big games.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/t...insider-notes/
[Reply]
DaFace 09:37 AM 01-04-2021
Originally Posted by Tonka83:
I hate lazy journalists.
It is obvious that they took a story from this time last year, crossed out the Ravens and wrote in the Bills.

The Ravens Bills are the team nobody want to see in the playoffs.

I forget..... how did that end up last year?
I do think there's a chance the Bills will be upset by the Colts. Cocky teams with little playoff experience tend to have issues when the competition level suddenly jumps up a level.
[Reply]
TambaBerry 09:41 AM 01-04-2021
Wow shocked that the number one seed wouldn't want to see the number 2 seed in the playoffs. Real hard hitting journalism right here.
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 09:41 AM 01-04-2021
Originally Posted by daquix:
Mentions the Chiefs several times, so figured you guys would want to see it.

The Bills are the team no one, including the Chiefs wants to see in the playoffs

Forget the Ravens. Forget the Bucs. The team you don't want to play in January is the Buffalo Bills.

With all due respect to the Packers, the AFC's No. 2 overall seed may very well be the second-best team in the NFL.

The Bills crushed the Dolphins 56-26 in a game Miami needed for their playoff hopes. And maybe we didn't see a 30-point win coming, but it's in line with what the Bills have been doing to teams in recent weeks.

Buffalo has had a top-five scoring defense since Week 12. If not for the Hail Murray they would have finished on a 10-game win streak dating back to before Halloween.

And then there's Josh Allen. The third-year franchise quarterback has, in consecutive weeks, set the Bills single-season records for passing touchdowns and passing yards.

What I love most about the Bills is that they aren't even letting teams hang around. Since that Week 10 loss to the Cardinals, not a single team has finished within a possession of the Bills.

I go back to that Week 6 loss to the Chiefs. Head coach Sean McDermott picked his poison and let the Chiefs' run game beat them up so that Patrick Mahomes wouldn't. Kansas City rushed for 245 yards and Mahomes passed for 225 yards.

But with about 5 minutes left in the game and down 23-17, the Bills forced a Clyde Edwards-Helaire fumble that would have given the Bills the ball at the Kansas City 31.

They would have had a chance to take the lead against the Chiefs there. But instead, the replay showed Edwards-Helaire's knee was down just before the ball came out. Mahomes took the Chiefs down for the field goal and that provided the final margin of victory.

Allen is a better quarterback today than he was then. The defense is playing far better ball. And after sweeping the Patriots and beating the likes of the Seahawks and Steelers, the Bills now know how to win big games.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/t...insider-notes/
I hope you die!!!
[Reply]
Lzen 09:45 AM 01-04-2021
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
The Chiefs already beat the Bills this season (in Buffalo) and exposed Josh Allen as a fraud.

Next.

By the way, the OP is a bandwagoning fraud.

The dumbshit joined CP at the start of the 2011 season to talk trash about the Bills opening day win over Todd Haley's Chiefs that season and then he vanished for nine years until the Bills finally became good.

Go back into hiding.
Is this true? Daquix?

If so.....smh
[Reply]
Lzen 09:46 AM 01-04-2021
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:
I hope you die!!!
Geez, that's a little over the top, don't you think?
[Reply]
Marcellus 09:48 AM 01-04-2021
The story in the OP and $4 will get you a cup of coffee at Starbucks.

Call me when Buffalo is actually on the way to KC to play a game.
[Reply]
OrtonsPiercedTaint 09:49 AM 01-04-2021
Pats still a measuring stick, it will pass(snark)
[Reply]
diqlix 09:50 AM 01-04-2021
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
The Chiefs already beat the Bills this season (in Buffalo) and exposed Josh Allen as a fraud.

Next.

By the way, the OP is a bandwagoning fraud.

The dumbshit joined CP at the start of the 2011 season to talk trash about the Bills opening day win over Todd Haley's Chiefs that season and then he vanished for nine years until the Bills finally became good.

Go back into hiding.
I agree that the Chiefs are the team to beat. Out of curiosity? If beating a team, means you’ll do it again. Doesn’t that mean that the Raiders were better than the Chiefs after they beat them the first game, and that the Raiders should have won the second game too?
[Reply]
jerryaldini 09:51 AM 01-04-2021
OP spent an hour of his life searching for an article to troll another team's message board and came up with that?
[Reply]
Lzen 09:54 AM 01-04-2021
I agree that the Chiefs are the team to beat. Out of curiosity? If beating a team, means you’ll do it again. Doesn’t that mean that the Raiders were better than the Chiefs after they beat them the first game, and that the Raiders should have won the second game too?
Quite bringing up that Raiders game. We already dealt with that. I noticed that you didn't address the second part of his post. Why did you disappear for 9 years? That seems pretty cowardly. :-)
[Reply]
Why Not? 09:54 AM 01-04-2021
Well, if CBS said it, it must be true. I’m sure Super Bowl winning coach Andy Reid and Super Bowl MVP Patrick Mahomes are terrified just thinking about this team that have won exactly no playoff games the past couple of decades.
[Reply]
Marcellus 09:56 AM 01-04-2021
Originally Posted by Why Not?:
Well, if CBS said it, it must be true. I’m sure Super Bowl winning coach Andy Reid and Super Bowl MVP Patrick Mahomes are terrified just thinking about this team that have won exactly no playoff games the past couple of decades.
I want to beat the crap out of them in the AFCCG, paybacks are hell.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:58 AM 01-04-2021
Sorry but this is just the dumbest take ever and you keep repeating it over and over.

If you actually WATCHED what the Raiders and Chiefs did in the first game, realized how it is different than what they normally do, and then watched the 2nd game unfold, you'd know the answer to the question.

You just keep repeating it because it's the only hope you have. The only hope you can muster is that context, history, and tendencies mean absolutely nothing and that each game is completely unrelated to the next.

It's beyond dumb.
[Reply]
KCChiefsFan88 09:59 AM 01-04-2021
Considering the Chiefs were 4-0 vs the Raiders with Mahomes as QB before that loss, it was reasonable to consider that loss a fluke, which was confirmed by the Chiefs win over the Raiders in their second match-up.

Buffalo hasn't won a playoff game in 26 years and Josh Allen has yet to win a playoff game.

If you want to project that the Bills will transform into a significantly better match-up against the Chiefs than they showed in the first game... with their recent playoff history... and the fact the second game will be in Arrowhead... good luck.

Also interesting that you ignored the question about your nine year absence between your initial posts after the Bills win over the Chiefs to open the 2011 season and then silence until this year.

You only feel comfortable discussing the Bills when they are winning?
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:00 AM 01-04-2021
Put it this way.

By YOUR OWN reasoning, the current hot streak the Bills are on means NOTHING because previous games don't matter. None of them matter.

So yeah, you might want to think about the logical holes in your argument. They're numerous.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 100
< 12 34561252 > Last »
Up