ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 100
1 23451151 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>CBS: The Bills are the team no one, including the Chiefs wants to see in the playoffs
diqlix 09:12 AM 01-04-2021
Mentions the Chiefs several times, so figured you guys would want to see it.

The Bills are the team no one, including the Chiefs wants to see in the playoffs

Forget the Ravens. Forget the Bucs. The team you don't want to play in January is the Buffalo Bills.

With all due respect to the Packers, the AFC's No. 2 overall seed may very well be the second-best team in the NFL.

The Bills crushed the Dolphins 56-26 in a game Miami needed for their playoff hopes. And maybe we didn't see a 30-point win coming, but it's in line with what the Bills have been doing to teams in recent weeks.

Buffalo has had a top-five scoring defense since Week 12. If not for the Hail Murray they would have finished on a 10-game win streak dating back to before Halloween.

And then there's Josh Allen. The third-year franchise quarterback has, in consecutive weeks, set the Bills single-season records for passing touchdowns and passing yards.

What I love most about the Bills is that they aren't even letting teams hang around. Since that Week 10 loss to the Cardinals, not a single team has finished within a possession of the Bills.

I go back to that Week 6 loss to the Chiefs. Head coach Sean McDermott picked his poison and let the Chiefs' run game beat them up so that Patrick Mahomes wouldn't. Kansas City rushed for 245 yards and Mahomes passed for 225 yards.

But with about 5 minutes left in the game and down 23-17, the Bills forced a Clyde Edwards-Helaire fumble that would have given the Bills the ball at the Kansas City 31.

They would have had a chance to take the lead against the Chiefs there. But instead, the replay showed Edwards-Helaire's knee was down just before the ball came out. Mahomes took the Chiefs down for the field goal and that provided the final margin of victory.

Allen is a better quarterback today than he was then. The defense is playing far better ball. And after sweeping the Patriots and beating the likes of the Seahawks and Steelers, the Bills now know how to win big games.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/t...insider-notes/
[Reply]
Shaid 09:14 AM 01-04-2021
I'm glad they've looked really good, I don't want KC overlooking anyone in the playoffs. Come to play.
[Reply]
diqlix 09:15 AM 01-04-2021
I’m sure there will be plenty of snark in this thread, but I think the article is true.

The Chiefs would still be favored, as they should be, but if you were to give Andy Reid the CHOICE - would you rather play Buffalo, or a weaker team like the Browns, Steelers, etc - I think he would definitely choose someone other than Buffalo.
[Reply]
Hoover 09:16 AM 01-04-2021
I love all the love for the Bills!

Keep disrespecting the Chiefs and Mahomes. I think this year they will blow some people out in the playoffs.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 09:17 AM 01-04-2021
I admire the heel antics, daquix. Well done.
[Reply]
CapsLockKey 09:24 AM 01-04-2021
I like all the "but if this did/didn't happen the Bills would have" excuses built into the article.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 09:25 AM 01-04-2021
I heard all the same stuff about the Titans last year.

Doesn't really matter if the Bills beat the Seahawks and Steelers in the regular season. To say that prepares them to come to Arrowhead and play in the AFC Championship, which the Chiefs would be hosting for the third year in a row, is laughable.

The Bills are clearly the second best team in the conference, but the Chiefs will win the AFC once again as long as they show up and play their best game. It's that simple. There's really very little drama involved, which is why the press is so desperate to create some.
[Reply]
Lzen 09:26 AM 01-04-2021
Originally Posted by Shaid:
I'm glad they've looked really good, I don't want KC overlooking anyone in the playoffs. Come to play.
Well, considering the fact that if the Chiefs and Bills were to play it would be in the AFC Championship Game, the Chiefs won't be overlooking them.
[Reply]
tk13 09:29 AM 01-04-2021
I think the Bills are a bigger threat than the Titans last season, just because Josh Allen is playing out of his mind. Chiefs have done a decent job getting up for big games like the Bills, Ravens and Bucs to come out and have a dominant performance. I think they'll be ready.

The way this team has played, the biggest worry might be coming out flat against a team like the Browns.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:29 AM 01-04-2021
We curbed stomped the Bills with the weakest part of our offense.

Bring em on. We'll do it again.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 09:31 AM 01-04-2021
The Chiefs already beat the Bills this season (in Buffalo) and exposed Josh Allen as a fraud.

Next.

By the way, the OP is a bandwagoning fraud.

The dumbshit joined CP at the start of the 2011 season to talk trash about the Bills opening day win over Todd Haley's Chiefs that season and then he vanished for nine years until the Bills finally became good.

Go back into hiding.
[Reply]
King_Chief_Fan 09:32 AM 01-04-2021
The Chiefs have not been good at keeping the last 7 games opponent's at a distance. Those games were all too close for comfort. The Bill's have not been toying with anyone the last several games.

I suspect after this weeks vacation Reid is giving the team, it will be serious business throughout the playoffs.
[Reply]
BlackOp 09:33 AM 01-04-2021
Considering Allen has never won a playoff game...I'll take the "prove it first" angle.

Post-season is a different beast...different pressure.

Ravens were the hot team last year...won 12 in a row to end the year.
[Reply]
DaFace 09:35 AM 01-04-2021
I don't think it should surprise anyone that the Chiefs are not invincible this year. They weren't last year either. It'll take some solid play and luck to win the Super Bowl again.

But that said, they'll be favored in each matchup they could face, so the CHANCES are that we'll beat any of them. Time will tell.
[Reply]
Tonka83 09:35 AM 01-04-2021
I hate lazy journalists.
It is obvious that they took a story from this time last year, crossed out the Ravens and wrote in the Bills.

The Ravens Bills are the team nobody want to see in the playoffs.

I forget..... how did that end up last year?
[Reply]
Page 1 of 100
1 23451151 > Last »
Up