ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 72
« First < 34567 8910111757 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Most Teams ‘Not Interested’ in Chiefs’ Eric Bieniemy
Mephistopheles Janx 02:37 AM 12-30-2020
https://heavy.com/sports/kansas-city...5-o3CPAb3Zxeek

Originally Posted by :
On a previous episode of the PFN Weekly show, Allbright mentioned that Eric Bieniemy is “a titleholder who relays the play calls in but doesn’t make the play calls very often.”

“Andy Reid’s doing the play calling. Like 99 percent of the time Andy Reid is doing the play calling, he designed the offense, all of that stuff.”

Allbright has also mentioned that Bieniemy’s previous interviews have been poor. These poor interviews have likely caused him to fall out of consideration for certain positions in the past. Allbright mentioned that some teams with vacancies aren’t all that interested in Bieniemy. These historical poor interviews could be a big reason why.

[Reply]
Bowser 04:53 PM 12-30-2020
Originally Posted by Pants:
He was talking about Mahomes' competitiveness. EB said Pat is a "competitive prick." The context of the entire statement was very complimentary.
Very complimentary and very accurate, and I wouldn't have my QB any other way.

(credit to DTV for the gif)
[Reply]
Coach 05:03 PM 12-30-2020
Originally Posted by notorious:
Put yourself in the other teams' shoes.

You are looking to hire a person to run your business. One guy works with the best owner in the NFL, and the CEO is also the best. They have top talent from top to bottom in the company.

It sounds enticing, but your company is a pile of shit, and you need someone who can succeed without being surrounded by the best of the best all the time.

You don't know if he's been key to the company's success, or if he is just a placeholder in which the owner and CEO carry the weight and the prospect is just a guy that nods his head in meetings. If he ever makes a decision and it's bad the great CEO and owner can fix it just because they are amazing.

Now, taking a chance on EB is better than reshitting turds like Gase, but it's still not an easy decision.
I would counter that, Philadelphia was 6-9-1 in 1997 and 3-13 in 1998 before Reid was hired. Once Reid was hired, he went 5-11 in his first year, then had good success.

I also would add in that the Chiefs were 7-9 in 2011 and 2-14 in 2012 before Reid was hired. Once Reid was hired, the Chiefs suddenly went 11-5. So at some point, you have to think that Reid has had discussions with his coaching staff on how things went and what his thought process was when resurrecting the Eagles and the Chiefs.

I also would consider that the Reid tree has been more successful tree than the Belichick tree. As of 2020, ten of Reid's assistants have become head coaches, seven of them made it to the playoffs as a HC, with 3 of them making it to the Super Bowl, two of them winning the Super Bowl.

Nobody in the Belichick tree has even sniffed to a Super Bowl. And I believe just 3 has so far (O'Brien, Schwartz, & Mangini) So I'm not being biased here, but I'll take my chances with Bieniemy instead of another Patriot Way Bullshit. Plus, EB would have a great resource in Reid in case EB has issues or whatever the case is.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 05:09 PM 12-30-2020
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
yeah. I just see a bunch of not-that-big-a-deal there.

1)Damned near everyone who reads this post could've had multiple DUI's.
I think that multiple DUI's for a coach is a HUGE deal.

How can someone be counted on to be a "Leader of Men" if they don't even have enough common sense to call a cab or get a ride from a friend?

And not only does that display poor judgement but it's also a sign of alcoholism.

There's just absolutely no reason for a grown adult to get a DUI these days, especially multiple DUI's.
[Reply]
Coach 12-30-2020, 05:10 PM
This message has been deleted by Coach.
FloridaMan88 05:27 PM 12-30-2020
EB doesn’t come across that well during his weekly press conferences... if that’s how he presents himself during his interviews maybe that is hurting his candidacy.

Granted successful HC’s such as Bill Belichick and Andy Reid are not exactly oratory masterpieces during their media obligations, but that seems more like a deliberate strategy to offer minimal information to the media.

With EB it seems like he is genuinely trying to speak with authority but it falls flat.
[Reply]
Oxford 05:32 PM 12-30-2020
Originally Posted by CoMoChief:
Ok...so have him stay in KC longer, gives Mahomes/offense some continuity. Shit I don't care.

I don't fall into the "Oh he's black he has to get a HC gig soon!" crowd.

Not saying he doesn't deserve a HC job. Maybe he does. Tbh we don't really know what happens during his interviews and why he's not been chosen as a HC somewhere, I just don't think it's because he's black.

A lot of what this person said is true. Reid designs most if not all of the playbook. I'm sure EB does some play designing etc, but most of that falls on Reid, EB is just mostly a translator in the headset.
How dare you speak politcally-incorrect thoughts......:-)
Frankly, I think a coach who can motivate players is a better fit for a franchise in the big picture than some "mad scientist" type. I think that is AR's secret, players want to play for him.
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:47 PM 12-30-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:

How can someone be counted on to be a "Leader of Men" if they don't even have enough common sense to call a cab or get a ride from a friend?

And not only does that display poor judgement but it's also a sign of alcoholism.

There's just absolutely no reason for a grown adult to get a DUI these days, especially multiple DUI's.
You're definitely not wrong
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:30 PM 12-30-2020

He didn't have multiple DUI's. He had ONE, as a 31 year old assistant coach. It was literally 20 years ago this April.

While he was in college, he had a bunch of traffic violations speeding, etc. But we're talking about 30 plus years ago now if we're going to add all that up.

This all much ado about nothing.
[Reply]
MahiMike 07:31 PM 12-30-2020
Originally Posted by notorious:
I would be cautious, too.

How many OCs that had elite QBs on their previous teams ended up being good head coaches?

The trend isn’t helping Coach Bienemy at all.
Trevor Lawrence...
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 07:32 PM 12-30-2020

Tell that to Tony La Russa.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:37 PM 12-30-2020
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Tell that to Tony La Russa.
Again, it's ONE. ONE DUI.

Twenty years ago.
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:53 PM 12-30-2020
Again, it's ONE. ONE DUI.

Twenty years ago.
And multiple other issues. I know we want to think these things aren’t a big deal but in the culture we live in, they just are. Especially when you are talking about the NFL PR machine.
[Reply]
kevrunner 10:49 PM 12-30-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
And multiple other issues. I know we want to think these things aren’t a big deal but in the culture we live in, they just are. Especially when you are talking about the NFL PR machine.
I agree, but for me, I think it’s a 99.99% certainty that EB will get a head coaching job this time. I think it will be with the Chargers, I’m in the minority, it’s just a gut feeling.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:00 PM 12-30-2020
Originally Posted by kevrunner:
I agree, but for me, I think it’s a 99.99% certainty that EB will get a head coaching job this time. I think it will be with the Chargers, I’m in the minority, it’s just a gut feeling.
Los Angeles would be a terrible choice for EB because the local media would chew him up and spit him out if he didn’t win big from the start, especially after the Lakers and Dodgers won their respective championships and the Rams were in the Super Bowl in McVay’s second year.

Hell, even the Jets fans would have more patience with EB because everyone knows they suck.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 06:58 AM 12-31-2020
Most of this board was up in arms when Clark hired Andy. Huge mistake. Huge.
I wanted Chip Kelley and Geno. :-)
[Reply]
In58men 07:21 AM 12-31-2020
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
I wanted Chip Kelley and Geno. :-)
I wanted Manziel :-)
[Reply]
Page 7 of 72
« First < 34567 8910111757 > Last »
Up