ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 9
« First < 23456 789 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Listen to How Awesome Life Has Been for My Baby Bro Since the Chiefs Won the SB!
rico 01:33 AM 03-11-2020
Ok, so I am having a great year. I started a new wrestling website a couple months ago called The Pin Doctors and it is a full-fledged hit. The Chiefs made me cry from happiness over..and over...and over... Never thought I'd see them win one...honestly. I seriously had no hope of that ever happening.

My brother, Brennan Swafford is a die hard Chiefs fan as well.

#NewProfilePic pic.twitter.com/0g9KooHX9d

— Brennan Swafford (@SwaffordBrennan) February 3, 2020

Then this happened:

That earned him his 2nd OW of the Heart of America Conference award. And he's just a true Sophomore. So he qualified for Nationals as expected. As a Freshman, he placed 7th at nationals.

First match at nationals, he beat a Greco world team member, 20-2... here is his interview after that:

He then won his next 3 matches to make the finals, which were televised on ESPN3 Saturday night and wrestled like the little athletic genius he is:

And then he gave me this awesome interview right after:

My brother is a national champ. My brother, who was snubbed so badly in the recruiting process, proved everyone wrong!!! Brennan was obviously a great wrestler in HS, but was also first team all-state football and placed like 5-6 times in sprinting events in track. He originally signed on to playy football at Graceland, but missed wrestling and wanted to save his body so he can try out for the NFL after he graduates. And I'm dead serious when I say this... it's feasible for him. He is a FREAK athlete. I'm dead serious when I say that he should be looked at. He won the All-Hawkeye Athlete of the year as a Senior in HS which is given to the region's best all-around athlete and for whatever reason, he couldn't get a call or an email back. Not from one D1 school...out of 12. HE SHOWED THEM!!! AND WE ALL KNEW HE WOULD!!!

He was also first in the state for art with a sketch he drew of Bruce Lee in HS. An art nerd and current graphic design major.

I have some people to thank on here who have followed his career over the years on here.

Glorydayz, Lonewolf, Burt, Sorter, Hamas as kept up here and there, Rudy Lost the Toss, Brianfo.... the two main ones though:

Iowanian. He has followed him for years and has offered great praise and insight.

And...

Clay Wendler. He made this awesome highlight reel of him last year despite his fanbase giving him shit for posting non-Chiefs material:

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ENJOYING THIS RIDE WITH ME, GUYS!!! AND HE'S JUST A SOPHOMORE!!!

So, I just want to start by saying that I’m extremely grateful for all of the great things Graceland has done for me. The support from my coaches and professors has been awesome. With that being said I would like to announce that I will be continuing my journey at Iowa. Go Hawks! pic.twitter.com/pyCckVW1dZ

— Brennan Swafford (@SwaffordBrennan) April 28, 2021

[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 01:44 PM 10-26-2020
Originally Posted by rico:
I am from SE Iowa! Ha! it makes my day that someone on here asked that! I have a lotta SEI pride.

We tried to get Kaitlyn there, but she wouldn’t respond...
I'm originally from SE Iowa as well...
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:44 PM 10-26-2020
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
South Central represent! :-)
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 01:57 PM 10-26-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
South Central represent! :-)
:-)
[Reply]
rico 02:11 PM 10-26-2020
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
Nice! know any Mepo people? Burlington? Wapello? Ft. Madison?
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:14 PM 10-26-2020
Nice! know any Mepo people? Burlington? Wapello? Ft. Madison?
Osceola. :-)
[Reply]
rico 04:49 PM 10-26-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Osceola. :-)

Ok in the attached photo. I was the one who got 6th that year and the dude who got 2nd in my bracket at state was from Clarke-Osceola.
Attached: 54F01739-74B8-4024-BCF4-D8EC9A2C0AA8.jpeg (139.1 KB) 
[Reply]
1COOLDOG 05:26 PM 10-26-2020
So you're saying your li'l bro was a 94-pound weakling right before Super Bowl LIV started?
[Reply]
rico 05:58 AM 10-27-2020
Originally Posted by 1COOLDOG:
So you're saying your li'l bro was a 94-pound weakling right before Super Bowl LIV started?
Yeah... good timing right?
[Reply]
Molitoth 06:38 AM 10-27-2020
Badass. Happy for you and your Bro, Rico!
[Reply]
rico 07:59 AM 10-27-2020
Originally Posted by Molitoth:
Badass. Happy for you and your Bro, Rico!
Thanks man! And crap, this is the second compliment in this thread where i accidentally hit the downvote arrow. Ugh. My bad man!
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:29 PM 11-05-2020
Ok in the attached photo. I was the one who got 6th that year and the dude who got 2nd in my bracket at state was from Clarke-Osceola.
Nice. I haven't been back there in years, wouldn't know anybody there other than my parents.
[Reply]
rico 01:51 AM 01-17-2021
Ok, so my brother read this thread and to start, he loves you guys... Secondly, he noted every piece of advice written by guys on here. Because of the advice he read on here and because he hasn’t given up on his dream of trying out for the Chiefs someday, he bulked up and went up a weight. He got up to about 195 lbs and is wrestling 174 now... He doesn’t play football there despite being there on a football scholarship...he just wrestles. He wants to save his body and win a few more titles... He still partakes in a lot of the football workouts and they continue to monitor his measurables... He ran a 4.4, 40.... If you don’t believe me, you will by the end of this post.

We wondered if the bump up in the weight would affect his dominance on the mat given the guys he’s facing are bigger now... it HAS.... In the best way imaginable... GET THIS:

His season is half over. He is undefeated and his closest match all year was a 14-1 win. He is ranked first...he wrestled the #2 guy yesterday who was a good D1 starter for Wyoming the last 2-3 years who transferred for Grad School.... He KILLED him. He has pinned everyone else in the first two periods. Here are his matches... He is a FREAK at 174...

TWITTER: @SwaffordBrennan

HERE IS THE MATCH VS #2:

HERE ARE ALL BUT 2-3 OF HIS OTHER MATCHES THIS SEASON:

My brother has become one of the baddest dudes on the planet... I would compare him to Christian McCaffrey because they are the same exact size with similar frames, but that wouldn’t be doing justice for Brennan. Christian ran a 4.49.... that’s Brennan’s avg... his personal best is 4.40... He has wrestling skills that McCaffrey could only dream of having.... And he has lived and breathed Chiefs football since he was born.

Brett Veach, if you are reading...if you want to add to your legacy of being a genius, bring this kid in for a look. If college basketball players can find a fit on the field, wrestlers can do more.... it is the sport that creates the world’s biggest, most driven badasses. I am dead serious.... He can do this.

HERE ARE SOME OF HIS FOOTBALL STATS FROM HIS SENIOR YEAR HS (2018 GRAD):

* 1st team Iowa all state OLB Class 2A
* 1st team Iowa all state RB Class 2A
* Led the state of Iowa, regardless of class during the regular season in tackles for loss.
* Was 4th in the state, regardless of class during regular season for total sacks.
* Led the state, regardless of class in fumble recoveries for touchdowns.
* Was 6th in the state, regardless of class in the regular season for Rushing TD’s.
* Was 2nd in state, class 2A in rushing TD’s.

His crazy gift of speed is undeniable after watching these matches. He CAN FREAKING DO THIS! I am crazy about the Chiefs just like he is and I would NEVER advocate for them to waste their time with anything... I am dead serious, I think he can do it AND perform well when he gets there. He’s risen to every big stage he’s ever been on. At least give him a look... he wouldn’t ever work out for any team other than the Chiefs, he loves them too much. It’s either Chiefs or MMA for him after HS, and he will own those guys too. THIS WHITE GUY CAN FLY!

[Reply]
rico 01-17-2021, 01:55 AM
This message has been deleted by rico.
rico 05:55 AM 03-09-2021
For those of you who follow my brother Brennan, thought I’d leave an update...

Brennan, after reading some of the insight from CP’ers in this thread, bulked up a bit and bumped up a weight to 174.... How did the weight change treat him? WELL... He finished his season Saturday night. He finished the year with a record of 18-0, 9 pins, 5 MD’s and 4 decisions and won his 2nd straight NAIA Championship.

[Reply]
Renegade 06:14 AM 03-09-2021
I was waiting for you to you to post this. I was following his matches while I was at The Big XII tournament this weekend. Congrats on a great season
[Reply]
Buehler445 06:27 AM 03-09-2021
Awesome.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 9
« First < 23456 789 >
Up