ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 9
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Listen to How Awesome Life Has Been for My Baby Bro Since the Chiefs Won the SB!
rico 01:33 AM 03-11-2020
Ok, so I am having a great year. I started a new wrestling website a couple months ago called The Pin Doctors and it is a full-fledged hit. The Chiefs made me cry from happiness over..and over...and over... Never thought I'd see them win one...honestly. I seriously had no hope of that ever happening.

My brother, Brennan Swafford is a die hard Chiefs fan as well.

#NewProfilePic pic.twitter.com/0g9KooHX9d

— Brennan Swafford (@SwaffordBrennan) February 3, 2020

Then this happened:

That earned him his 2nd OW of the Heart of America Conference award. And he's just a true Sophomore. So he qualified for Nationals as expected. As a Freshman, he placed 7th at nationals.

First match at nationals, he beat a Greco world team member, 20-2... here is his interview after that:

He then won his next 3 matches to make the finals, which were televised on ESPN3 Saturday night and wrestled like the little athletic genius he is:

And then he gave me this awesome interview right after:

My brother is a national champ. My brother, who was snubbed so badly in the recruiting process, proved everyone wrong!!! Brennan was obviously a great wrestler in HS, but was also first team all-state football and placed like 5-6 times in sprinting events in track. He originally signed on to playy football at Graceland, but missed wrestling and wanted to save his body so he can try out for the NFL after he graduates. And I'm dead serious when I say this... it's feasible for him. He is a FREAK athlete. I'm dead serious when I say that he should be looked at. He won the All-Hawkeye Athlete of the year as a Senior in HS which is given to the region's best all-around athlete and for whatever reason, he couldn't get a call or an email back. Not from one D1 school...out of 12. HE SHOWED THEM!!! AND WE ALL KNEW HE WOULD!!!

He was also first in the state for art with a sketch he drew of Bruce Lee in HS. An art nerd and current graphic design major.

I have some people to thank on here who have followed his career over the years on here.

Glorydayz, Lonewolf, Burt, Sorter, Hamas as kept up here and there, Rudy Lost the Toss, Brianfo.... the two main ones though:

Iowanian. He has followed him for years and has offered great praise and insight.

And...

Clay Wendler. He made this awesome highlight reel of him last year despite his fanbase giving him shit for posting non-Chiefs material:

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ENJOYING THIS RIDE WITH ME, GUYS!!! AND HE'S JUST A SOPHOMORE!!!

So, I just want to start by saying that I’m extremely grateful for all of the great things Graceland has done for me. The support from my coaches and professors has been awesome. With that being said I would like to announce that I will be continuing my journey at Iowa. Go Hawks! pic.twitter.com/pyCckVW1dZ

— Brennan Swafford (@SwaffordBrennan) April 28, 2021

[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:34 AM 06-26-2020
Sweet. Congrats to the little bro.
[Reply]
Buns 08:48 AM 06-26-2020
This thread reeks of awesomeness. Bravo, champ!
[Reply]
rico 12:42 AM 06-27-2020
Originally Posted by Valiant:
How much weight can he add with out losing speed and quickness? He will need to add 40lbs for the NFL I would think to have a shot.

Awesome work by him so far. Lots to be proud of.
He is likely going up a weight next year to 174... will have to cut weight to make that. He is filling out quite a bit. He is actually at Graceland on a football scholarship originally, but now his Natty championship resulted in a full ride from here on out. He’s a stud. Thanks for the nice words!
[Reply]
rico 12:43 AM 06-27-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Sweet. Congrats to the little bro.
Thanks man!!
[Reply]
rico 12:43 AM 06-27-2020
Originally Posted by Buns:
This thread reeks of awesomeness. Bravo, champ!
Thanks Buns!!!
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 06:17 AM 06-27-2020
Pretty obvious how proud you are of him, and why wouldn't you be? What an awesome young dude! Great story!
[Reply]
New World Order 06:43 AM 06-27-2020
That's ****ing awesome Rico!

I'd be hella proud too.
[Reply]
Rudy tossed tigger's salad 07:16 AM 06-27-2020
Originally Posted by rico:
Graceland ended up offering him a full ride. He is staying... I just hope his championship will bring others there!

Do you remember Chad Zaputil?
Cool thread!

Certainly nothing wrong with staying loyal to his program

BUT, here's my 2 cents.

Guessing by your relationship with the Paulsons, you probably think Kevin Dresser is a colossal dickhead, but I would think being a NAIA champ would get your brother in the door at Ames RTC.

Maybe he goes up to Ames 1-2X per month and sees if he gets an itch for D1 after wrestling several of the ISU guys.

Maybe he defends his title next year and feels like he has nothing left to prove at that level.

Do you think, based on his accomplishments, Graceland would honor his full scholarship in a redshirt year for 2021-2022? This might allow him to graduate from Graceland and pursue a grad transfer to a D1 with his remaining year of eligibility. I would think that might be a good recruiting pitch for Graceland if they took care of their guys like that.
[Reply]
sully1983 10:57 AM 06-27-2020
I love threads like this. Very uplifting and congrats to your baby bro.
[Reply]
rico 11:18 AM 06-27-2020
Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks:
Pretty obvious how proud you are of him, and why wouldn't you be? What an awesome young dude! Great story!
For sure man! Thanks for reading about it and for the nice words!
[Reply]
rico 11:19 AM 06-27-2020
Originally Posted by New World Order:
That's ****ing awesome Rico!

I'd be hella proud too.
Oh yeah, I couldn’t be more proud. I’ve known all along how crazy high his ceiling is... This has been GREAT! Thanks man!
[Reply]
EPodolak 11:25 AM 06-27-2020
Your site is impressive Rico, a ton of content. Clearly a labor of love.
[Reply]
rico 11:27 AM 06-27-2020
Originally Posted by Rudy tossed tigger's salad:
Cool thread!

Certainly nothing wrong with staying loyal to his program

BUT, here's my 2 cents.

Guessing by your relationship with the Paulsons, you probably think Kevin Dresser is a colossal dickhead, but I would think being a NAIA champ would get your brother in the door at Ames RTC.

Maybe he goes up to Ames 1-2X per month and sees if he gets an itch for D1 after wrestling several of the ISU guys.

Maybe he defends his title next year and feels like he has nothing left to prove at that level.

Do you think, based on his accomplishments, Graceland would honor his full scholarship in a redshirt year for 2021-2022? This might allow him to graduate from Graceland and pursue a grad transfer to a D1 with his remaining year of eligibility. I would think that might be a good recruiting pitch for Graceland if they took care of their guys like that.
I have known the Paulson twins for decades and love them.... they are good shit. I have no harsh feelings towards Dresser. I’ve never met the man and that’s their beef.

There has been a moderate amount of D1 interest that has emerged all the sudden and it has been flattering, yet at the same time it’s like, “why the hell did 12 of you snub him? Like no response, really?! The people in the recruiting roles obviously don’t know how to do their jobs as successfully as they could, for it was obvious to everyone in Southeast Iowa that he was an athletic specimen that could be molded.” Like, he (well our whole family) has such a huge chip on his shoulder about that. I feel that multi sport athletes get overlooked in wrestling and it’s not right... not to mention, a freaking stupid way of approaching the recruiting trail. I hate this whole “you have to do nothing but wrestle and wrestle only to get to the next level” mindset in wrestling. It is so ignorant, IMO.

And he likely will always have a void in his heart about not wrestling D1. We all know he can compete well at that level. We knew Foster could too.

Graceland has just been so good to him. A family.
[Reply]
rico 11:27 AM 06-27-2020
Originally Posted by sully1983:
I love threads like this. Very uplifting and congrats to your baby bro.
Hell Yeah thanks man!
[Reply]
rico 11:29 AM 06-27-2020
Originally Posted by EPodolak:
Your site is impressive Rico, a ton of content. Clearly a labor of love.
Dude I have been working my ass off at it. I mean, I am giving it every little thing that I’ve got. I am dead set on doing something with my life that I am proud of and that I am passionate about. Maybe a pipe dream, but I’m still swinging. Thanks so much for checking it out!
[Reply]
Page 4 of 9
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Up