ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 9
< 123 4567 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Listen to How Awesome Life Has Been for My Baby Bro Since the Chiefs Won the SB!
rico 01:33 AM 03-11-2020
Ok, so I am having a great year. I started a new wrestling website a couple months ago called The Pin Doctors and it is a full-fledged hit. The Chiefs made me cry from happiness over..and over...and over... Never thought I'd see them win one...honestly. I seriously had no hope of that ever happening.

My brother, Brennan Swafford is a die hard Chiefs fan as well.

#NewProfilePic pic.twitter.com/0g9KooHX9d

— Brennan Swafford (@SwaffordBrennan) February 3, 2020

Then this happened:

That earned him his 2nd OW of the Heart of America Conference award. And he's just a true Sophomore. So he qualified for Nationals as expected. As a Freshman, he placed 7th at nationals.

First match at nationals, he beat a Greco world team member, 20-2... here is his interview after that:

He then won his next 3 matches to make the finals, which were televised on ESPN3 Saturday night and wrestled like the little athletic genius he is:

And then he gave me this awesome interview right after:

My brother is a national champ. My brother, who was snubbed so badly in the recruiting process, proved everyone wrong!!! Brennan was obviously a great wrestler in HS, but was also first team all-state football and placed like 5-6 times in sprinting events in track. He originally signed on to playy football at Graceland, but missed wrestling and wanted to save his body so he can try out for the NFL after he graduates. And I'm dead serious when I say this... it's feasible for him. He is a FREAK athlete. I'm dead serious when I say that he should be looked at. He won the All-Hawkeye Athlete of the year as a Senior in HS which is given to the region's best all-around athlete and for whatever reason, he couldn't get a call or an email back. Not from one D1 school...out of 12. HE SHOWED THEM!!! AND WE ALL KNEW HE WOULD!!!

He was also first in the state for art with a sketch he drew of Bruce Lee in HS. An art nerd and current graphic design major.

I have some people to thank on here who have followed his career over the years on here.

Glorydayz, Lonewolf, Burt, Sorter, Hamas as kept up here and there, Rudy Lost the Toss, Brianfo.... the two main ones though:

Iowanian. He has followed him for years and has offered great praise and insight.

And...

Clay Wendler. He made this awesome highlight reel of him last year despite his fanbase giving him shit for posting non-Chiefs material:

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ENJOYING THIS RIDE WITH ME, GUYS!!! AND HE'S JUST A SOPHOMORE!!!

So, I just want to start by saying that I’m extremely grateful for all of the great things Graceland has done for me. The support from my coaches and professors has been awesome. With that being said I would like to announce that I will be continuing my journey at Iowa. Go Hawks! pic.twitter.com/pyCckVW1dZ

— Brennan Swafford (@SwaffordBrennan) April 28, 2021

[Reply]
MahiMike 03:51 PM 03-11-2020
Very cool. Congrats!
[Reply]
rico 04:05 PM 03-11-2020
He is getting D1 attention now (slyly). He is telling them to get lost. They all had their chance. Graceland wanted him, believed in him and loved him from the start... he's gonna stay with that awesome community! They needed a spark for so long! 1975 was their last champ.
[Reply]
EPodolak 04:38 PM 03-11-2020
Congratulations, having a champion in the family in a most demanding sport.

Will check out your site also.
[Reply]
Dallas Chief 05:02 PM 03-11-2020
Very cool man! Congrats to the Swafford family!
[Reply]
rico 09:31 PM 03-11-2020
Originally Posted by EPodolak:
Congratulations, having a champion in the family in a most demanding sport.

Will check out your site also.
Let me know what you think and like it on Facebook!! Thanks man!

https://m.facebook.com/thepindoctors/
[Reply]
rico 09:31 PM 03-11-2020
All wrestlers like it on Facebook!

https://m.facebook.com/thepindoctors/
[Reply]
Sorter 10:05 PM 03-11-2020
Originally Posted by rico:
He is getting D1 attention now (slyly). He is telling them to get lost. They all had their chance. Graceland wanted him, believed in him and loved him from the start... he's gonna stay with that awesome community! They needed a spark for so long! 1975 was their last champ.

So happy for your brother and you! Hope re-considers those D1 offers; there are quite a few schools with decent middleweight coaches that could help him AA. I’ll send you a PM about it soon.
[Reply]
rico 11:03 PM 03-11-2020
Originally Posted by Sorter:
So happy for your brother and you! Hope re-considers those D1 offers; there are quite a few schools with decent middleweight coaches that could help him AA. I’ll send you a PM about it soon.
The only ones I would probably advise him to not tell to fuck off would be Virginia. It wasn't really an option because it was so far away, but the Paulson twins have been believers since day 1 with Brennan. They were good friends with my brother Justin growing up... he would be with people who believed in him from the start there... no one else gave him the time of day and they were wrong for doing that and he went through a lot of inner turmoil because of it. I hope he tells most of them that they suck at their jobs as recruiters/scouts.

BUT...from your eye test....you feel what SEI has always felt about Brennan? That he's D1 caliber?
[Reply]
rico 11:04 PM 03-11-2020
Here is a perfect example of his speed.. go to the 2:58 mark... that is cool as shit for a 165 pounder... and this is against a 2 time state champ from Kansas who is really good.

[Reply]
scho63 04:31 AM 03-12-2020
Not sure this thread went in the direction the OP intended........:-)
[Reply]
redfan 07:45 AM 03-12-2020
Congratulations to your bro!! I love reading stuff like this!
[Reply]
rico 08:51 AM 03-12-2020
Originally Posted by redhed:
Congratulations to your bro!! I love reading stuff like this!
Hell yeah! Thanks man!
[Reply]
rico 05:14 AM 06-26-2020
Originally Posted by Sorter:
Graceland ended up offering him a full ride. He is staying... I just hope his championship will bring others there!

Do you remember Chad Zaputil?
[Reply]
rico 05:19 AM 06-26-2020
If anyone is interested, here is the ESPN3 airing of his finals match:

[Reply]
Valiant 08:29 AM 06-26-2020
How much weight can he add with out losing speed and quickness? He will need to add 40lbs for the NFL I would think to have a shot.

Awesome work by him so far. Lots to be proud of.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 9
< 123 4567 > Last »
Up