ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 19
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Media Center>Wonder Woman 1984 trailer
Deberg_1990 04:34 PM 12-08-2019

Here it is! Watch the first #WonderWoman 1984 trailer now.

A new era of wonder arrives in theatres June 5. Who will you see #WW84 with? pic.twitter.com/aU9Edox1XK

— AMC Theatres (@AMCTheatres) December 8, 2019

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 04:43 PM 12-22-2020
Originally Posted by vailpass:
Aw man, really? Bummer. I heard (here) this one was supposed to be good.
Originally Posted by Bowser:
great
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Daaang, he threw this thing into a wood chipper
This lines up with the on set report that I gave on December 9, 2019:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Gal aside, I'll be shocked if this movie lives up to the standard of the original. From my understanding, the set was a complete and utter disaster, as Patty had full control and therefore, full power to hire and fire anyone she chose.

Apparently, she hired a bunch of friends instead of true professionals on set and that it was a disaster of epic proportions. There was constant infighting and power struggles and again, from what I was told, the story doesn't work nearly as well as the original. Now, hopefully, they put together a good film in the edit bay, which happens more frequently than not but after all of the detail that was share with me, I'm not expecting much.

Let's hope I'm wrong because Wonder Woman has pretty much been DC's lone saving grace as of late (the Joker not included).

[Reply]
Bowser 05:21 PM 12-22-2020
Patty Jenkins is set to helm the Star Wars Rogue Squadron franchise, as well. Gee, do you think her and KK are furiously brainstorming ideas for it as we speak?
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 07:07 PM 12-22-2020
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Patty Jenkins is set to helm the Star Wars Rogue Squadron franchise, as well. Gee, do you think her and KK are furiously brainstorming ideas for it as we speak?
I wouldn’t be concerned if she’s shooting from a completed script but if she has creative input, I just don’t know how that will turn out...
[Reply]
vailpass 07:49 PM 12-22-2020
This lines up with the on set report that I gave on December 9, 2019:
I wish you’d have been wrong here but it appears you may have been right on point. I’ll be happy when this fad passes and the primary focus gets back to making good movies instead of messages.
[Reply]
BWillie 08:08 PM 12-22-2020
Literally the worst name of a movie ever. I just checked out every single time I saw a preview start or someone talk about this movie. I thought it was a tribute or replay of an old Wonder Woman film until now
[Reply]
Buehler445 01:08 AM 12-23-2020
I wouldn’t be concerned if she’s shooting from a completed script but if she has creative input, I just don’t know how that will turn out...
SURELY there will be someone around to pull the reins if shit is going sideways. I mean they’ve shown the propensity to do it in other SW projects.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:33 AM 12-23-2020
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
SURELY there will be someone around to pull the reins if shit is going sideways. I mean they’ve shown the propensity to do it in other SW projects.
I think the reviews and the fact that WarnerMedia dumped WW1984 onto HBO Max will motivate her to make a great movie, just to throw it in their faces.

It’s also cool that Patty Jenkins grew up idolizing her dad, who was a decorated US fighter pilot.
[Reply]
Buehler445 01:35 AM 12-23-2020
I think the reviews and the fact that WarnerMedia dumped WW1984 onto HBO Max will motivate her to make a great movie, just to throw it in their faces.

It’s also cool that Patty Jenkins grew up idolizing her dad, who was a decorated US fighter pilot.
Yeah.

It may have been just marketing schlock but it worked on me. I watched that video and thought “yep. She’s gonna kill it.”
[Reply]
BlackOp 04:32 AM 12-23-2020
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Daaang, he threw this thing into a wood chipper
You knew this was just a propaganda programming piece...junk cinema for the undiscerning and drone culture bots.

Their is a certain brilliance in convincing unrealized people that they are somehow "woke" and self-actualized.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 03:09 PM 12-23-2020
Noticed these were up this morning on HBOMax. Carter was an absolute smoke show back in the 70s.

I am excited to share that Wonder Woman: The Complete Series is now streaming on @HBOMax, alongside @PattyJenks' and @GalGadot's Wonder Woman, and soon #WW1984! Tell me about your favorite on-screen Wonder Woman moments in the comments ������ pic.twitter.com/EycErpyT3e

— Lynda Carter (@RealLyndaCarter) December 23, 2020

[Reply]
Easy 6 03:13 PM 12-23-2020
I'd still have a very enthusiastic go at her in 2020

https://images.app.goo.gl/sZk1Jpqnp4U1v84w8
[Reply]
BigBeauford 03:52 PM 12-23-2020
From the reviews I have read, it's not just the SJWy stuff that is lame, but it apparently is giving people vibes of 2000's superhero flicks, which means it is cheesy crap. Glad I dont have to pay to watch this mess.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 05:35 PM 12-23-2020
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Yeah.

It may have been just marketing schlock but it worked on me. I watched that video and thought “yep. She’s gonna kill it.”
Well, there is no doubt that Patty Jenkins is an outstanding filmmaker, with a pretty great track record to boot.

But what happened after the success of the original Wonder Woman isn't uncommon. Friends come out of the woodwork and want favors, gigs, etc. and so on. And most people want to help their friends in the business, because so many people struggle to get great gigs on a set like WW1984.

But it becomes a problem when a director of that stature just hires everyone they know, which sometimes empowers those people to make bad decisions. And bad decisions generally lead to more bad decisions until things just spiral out of control

Patty Jenkins will have a solid support group at Lucasfilm, something she didn't really have a WB because they've hired and fired their upper management many times over the past few years since being acquired by AT&T. At Lucasfilm, she'll not only have resources like Dave Filoni and Jon Favreau but other A-List directors like Peyton Reed, Taika Waititi, Deborah Chow, Tony Gilroy and so many other highly successful filmmakers to lean on.

Having that support and experience in the Star Wars galaxy will make all the difference in the world.
[Reply]
listopencil 10:36 PM 12-23-2020
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Noticed these were up this morning on HBOMax. Carter was an absolute smoke show back in the 70s.

She guest starred on The Muppet Show once. I checked just now and the air date is listed as 02/14/1980. I remember watching it. My sister and her friend were annoyed with me because I was glued to the TV when she was on. At one point I said that I liked her singing voice, and my sister said something like I should try listening to her sing without looking at her. I recall being appalled at the idea and asking her, "Why in the world would I want to stop looking at her?" Lynda Carter was smoking hot and is still an attractive woman.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 11:48 PM 12-23-2020
Originally Posted by listopencil:
She guest starred on The Muppet Show once. I checked just now and the air date is listed as 02/14/1980. I remember watching it. My sister and her friend were annoyed with me because I was glued to the TV when she was on. At one point I said that I liked her singing voice, and my sister said something like I should try listening to her sing without looking at her. I recall being appalled at the idea and asking her, "Why in the world would I want to stop looking at her?" Lynda Carter was smoking hot and is still an attractive woman.
The Rubberband Man was the song.

I made sure not to miss that Muppet episode. And I can't really think of any reason not to look at Lynda as much as possible. When the series was on, I would have been happy just watching her do the twirling into her costume for an hour.

[Reply]
Page 7 of 19
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Up