ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 12
« First < 678910 1112 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Hobbies....what's yours?
Lprechaun 06:37 PM 11-14-2018
Other than hitting F5 on CP what do you do to pass the time?
My music days are few and far between now and I've found myself clamoring for a hobby.
I started leather working and have had fun making out of the norm stuff that everyone does in belts and wallets.
Made some armor for the recent excuse to drink a lot from a horn and look at wenches.
[Reply]
srvy 01:41 AM 11-20-2020
So many to mention very little time anymore. My latest the last few years has been collecting vintage old chainsaws. I get them running clean up and sell a few hang on to the good ones. I have a lot of old farm saws and firewood saws. I'm on the search for big logging saws in the 60 to 70 cc range. My best friend's dad owned a small engine repair shop and tool rental company. We used to make go-carts off west bend 2 cycle engines that would scream. He took over the business when his dad died then sold a few years back and has retired. He has quiet a shop on land near Richmond Mo that I go and pick his brain. He is trying to teach me how to port 2 cycle engines. I have cabbaged onto some nice Homelight 76, Pioneer, Dolmar, and Poulan. The stihl and huskies have been a challenge. Its kinda fun keeps my hands dirty which I enjoy.
[Reply]
jallmon 04:13 AM 11-20-2020
My main hobby is a video game, elder scrolls online. My wife plays arcade shoot em' ups and solitaire, we both enjoy riding our Electra Glide Harleys. We keep the Harleys available year round. Even in PA, we manage to get 40 degree weekends which is enough for us to get the bikes out for breakfast runs. Our lower limit is 43 degrees for some reason, but we beat that about every month.
[Reply]
COchief 06:13 AM 11-20-2020
Originally Posted by Beef Supreme:
Came to this thread looking for ideas. Think I found one.

LLLL
LLLL
I was heavily into the LLLLLLs in the early 2000s(literally dozens of us), then I suffered a finger injury and was forced to shift my focus into JJJJJJJJJJJJ

JJJJ
JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJ

Tough adjustment period but it's working for me JJJJJJJJJJ
JJJJJJJJJJ
JJJJJJJJ
JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJ
[Reply]
scho63 10:16 AM 11-20-2020
I'm a huge fan of well created online Point and Escape Games.

I've done thousands
[Reply]
BWillie 11:20 AM 11-20-2020
I wish I had more time to have more hobbies. If I have a hobby, I have to be good at it. It's just my personality. It drives me crazy if I do something, and I'm not good at it. Yet here I am posting on Chiefsplanet so that one has failed me.

But my hobbies are poker, golf, sports knowledge, working out (used to be). Would like to learn how to code as a second career but I'm probably too old.

Maybe this is sexist, but I don't feel like women value hobbies as much as men. Like my girlfriend has no hobbies. Other than watching TV and a yearning to be with me every second. Nothing else. How do people go through life without hobbies? Hobbies are life.
[Reply]
Rain Man 11:33 AM 11-20-2020
Originally Posted by COchief:
I was heavily into the LLLLLLs in the early 2000s(literally dozens of us), then I suffered a finger injury and was forced to shift my focus into JJJJJJJJJJJJ

JJJJ
JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJ

Tough adjustment period but it's working for me JJJJJJJJJJ
JJJJJJJJJJ
JJJJJJJJ
JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJ

My football hobby focused on LLLLLLs in the 2000s through about 2012, but now it focuses exclusively on WWWWWs.

(Edit: Heh. I didn't even realize that I started the L thing in this thread two years ago. Talk about coming full circle.)
[Reply]
DeepPurple 03:31 PM 11-20-2020
I play golf, I started in '62 when I was 12. I started to notice the tournaments on TV, Arnold Palmer and Jack Nicklaus were getting people interested, kind the way Tiger did for some people 20 years ago. I got clubs and went to a par 3 course for a year and the big courses. I laid off after I joined the Army in '69 and for the next 40 years I played sparingly until 2009 and then got back into it full steam. Here where I live in Florida, everyone has their own golf cart, we have 12 championship courses, 10 of them are 27 hole layouts and we can reach all of them in our carts within 10 minutes to 50 minutes by cart paths. Right now I'm playing Taylormade M-4 irons, TM R11S driver and an Odyssey Exo 7 putter.

Here's my stuff. That's a Yamaha gas cart I bought new in 2011 when I moved here. I've upgraded the seats, the Sumbrella roll down shades, the mirrors, it has turn signals, headlights, LED outline lights connected to the turn signals, a cooler, a ball & club washer, 2 sand bottles, a floor mat, a black roof and SS wheels. It was $10,000 loaded when I bought it, one like it now is about $15,000.

Besides golf, since I'm retired, I go to the gym M - W - F three mornings a week. We have a really nice gym that opened in 2013. I was paying $60 a month, but when I turned 65 five years ago, my medicare megap medical plan pays it for me. Here's my gym, MVP they have two locations in The Villages. I usually walk 4 miles on the treadmill, takes 75 minutes and then lift weights.

In the past month I've gotten back into model building, I have purchased five plastic monster model kits. I bought all the tools, paints, air brush, and bunch of stuff and turned a work bench into my modeling bench in the garage. I'm working on the Creature of the Black Lagoon first. I built all these models when I was 12 to 14 years old, they were popular then. Many of them are out of print now. The Creature I had to find one on eBay and I was fortunate to get it for $50, many are selling for a $100 or more. There is a couple of small companies that are still making them, Moebius is one, I've bought about 3 of theirs for about $35 each on Amazon. Here's one I have I'll working on.

[Reply]
eDave 03:33 PM 11-20-2020
Your bag looks like ALF.
[Reply]
DeepPurple 03:37 PM 11-20-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:
Your bag looks like ALF.
Headcovers, one is a dog that has Rory imprinted signature, it's just like the one Rory McIlroy uses. He's one of my favorite golfers along with Brooks Koepka. The other headcover is a bear with a camo hat, I thought it was cool.
[Reply]
eDave 03:38 PM 11-20-2020
Originally Posted by DeepPurple:
Headcovers, one is a dog that has Rory imprinted signature, it's just like the one Rory McIlroy uses. He's one of my favorite golfers along with Brooks Koepka. The other headcover is a bear with a camo hat, I thought it was cool.
I said bag. Maybe Brian with jaundice.

Dat's a sweet ride.
[Reply]
Groves 04:00 PM 11-20-2020
Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts:
in dilapidated boats. It's a condeetion...

Up til yesterday, this thread had been capped with a Flop post, now two years old. RIP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Groves 04:07 PM 11-20-2020
When I was younger it was flyfishing, flytying, archery, ultimate, hunting and volleyball

Now I live more of an old tools, woodworking, blacksmithing, disc golf, cheesemaking, meat curing, winemaking, leatherworking kinda life.

Because wife and kids aren’t hobbies, though I love them so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
COchief 04:08 PM 11-20-2020
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
My football hobby focused on LLLLLLs in the 2000s through about 2012, but now it focuses exclusively on WWWWWs.

(Edit: Heh. I didn't even realize that I started the L thing in this thread two years ago. Talk about coming full circle.)
Ha, always dependable with those comic twists! All Chiefs fans were heavily into the LLLLLLL hobby for a long time, but thankfully those dark days are over. I suffered with too many LLLs for so long, I don't feel safe yet travelling all the way across the keyboard to the VV quite yet, but I'll try to start working over that way JJJJJJJ

JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJ
JJJJ

J
GG
GGGGGGG
GGG

G
[Reply]
BigBeauford 04:09 PM 11-20-2020
Board Games. Have a nice collection of niche titles. We turned our dining room into a game room. I have a nice poker table as a surface, and I made a topper for it using vinyl flooring that turned out nicely.

[Reply]
Rain Man 04:33 PM 11-20-2020
Originally Posted by COchief:
Ha, always dependable with those comic twists! All Chiefs fans were heavily into the LLLLLLL hobby for a long time, but thankfully those dark days are over. I suffered with too many LLLs for so long, I don't feel safe yet travelling all the way across the keyboard to the VV quite yet, but I'll try to start working over that way JJJJJJJ

JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJ
JJJJ

J
GG
GGGGGGG
GGG

G
Yeah, you've got to work your way over to the W's. I went too fast and sprained my left ring finger.
[Reply]
Page 10 of 12
« First < 678910 1112 >
Up