ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 17 of 173
« First < 71314151617 181920212767117 > Last »
In Memoriam>Good news [Lonewolf Ed]
Lonewolf Ed 04:51 PM 01-24-2015
I thought I'd start a new thread for updates on my cancer treatments and whatever else is going on, since the bad news thread title is misleading now.

My last treatment went better than the previous two and my chest wound is still closed up, which is a good thing. My arm is getting slightly stronger and I hope to resume lifting dumbbells next week. I need to build up my strength again, because I am going back to Denmark in May and I am extremely pumped about that! I'd like to be able to schlepp my own checked bag and not have someone else lifting it for me.

It's going to be a fabulous trip, 6 weeks and a couple of days for me. My brother is going along as well as my friends Chipp and Rod. Chipp is staying close to 3 weeks and has not gone with me over there since 2006 so he is also very pumped to be going. It will be Rod's first trip and he will be there for 2 weeks. I will get to be a tour guide. Also, I am throwing a party in my favorite pub of all, the wonderful, ever-magnificent Irish House in Aalborg on May 7th. The owner and I are friends and he will give me a little discount. We'll have Irish stew and brews in the cellar and I hope to have around 25 family and friends there. I might bill it as the "Fu** Cancer Party." A few months back, I was not sure I'd ever be able to go over to Denmark again or if I'd even be alive, but the cancer hasn't gotten me yet. I'm doing a number on it, instead.

Some other cool things I plan to do when I am back in my ancestral lands include a wine tasting in a castle, touring another castle and the northernmost manor home in the country, and visiting Skagen, the top of Denmark, where you can stand on a little patch of beach and have one foot in one sea and one in another. They also have a brewpub up there I am wanting to check out. I will start and end my trip in Aalborg and spend 5 weeks in an apartment I rent that is very close to the beach. I can hardly wait for May 4th to roll around!
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 02:06 PM 04-17-2015
I got a new side effect, sort of. It migrated. My feet had been getting very red and sore making it hard to walk for a couple of days. Now it hit my hands. My palms are red and hurt like I have some thorns in them and my fingertips are red and swollen so much that I can't see the fingerprint ridges. I can't close my hands into fists. I did manage to mow about 5 of the 10 acres today with the riding mower. I had a bit of trouble turning the steering wheel at times, but I got it done. I think I prefer my hands getting the side effect since I walk more than I use my hands to move things or whatever else. Both suck, but the hands suck a bit less. I've been using lotion on them like I do for my feet, so time will tell if this is also a two-day pain in the ass like it is when it gets my feet. Oh, the tongue ulcers are calming down and getting better, so things are looking up.

One more treatment until my trip. I think I can survive it!
[Reply]
DaNewGuy 02:16 PM 04-17-2015
Have fun on your trip Ed
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 04:22 PM 04-17-2015
Originally Posted by DaNewGuy:
Have fun on your trip Ed
I fully intend to! When I reach Aalborg, I will stop in the Duus Vinkjaelder and have my favorite of all beers, the glorious Jacobsen Brown Ale. I will breathe deep of its wondrous aroma for ten seconds before my first sip to welcome myself back.
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 09:49 AM 04-20-2015
I feel good this morning. Aside from an alarming 4 massive shites from 10 am to 10:30 am, I am feeling better than I have in a long time and rested, too. I only had to get up once last night to go. I slept well from 3 am to 10 am. Now, if the colon keeps ejecting like I did this morning, I may move into the barn and into one of the old horse stalls! I got a letter from SSI and now I know how much my disability payments will be. It's more than I expected, so that is good, but I won't have to pay taxes on it since it's not going to get over 25 grand a year. Three back payments have been (supposedly) deposited into my checking account, so I will go to the bank today to confirm it. That money will be far more than I need for Denmark as I have already saved a good amount. Things are looking up for Lonewolf Ed! If I take more money to Denmark to exchange than I planned, I can live like a viscount for a while!
[Reply]
Meatloaf 11:51 AM 04-20-2015
Great news, Ed!
[Reply]
Buehler445 12:38 PM 04-20-2015
Nice!

Glad things are going well Ed.
[Reply]
Fritz88 12:48 PM 04-20-2015
Happy for you.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 05:11 PM 04-20-2015
Good deal, man!
[Reply]
58-4ever 05:37 PM 04-20-2015
Sounds like the body is getting rid of some shit. Do you feel lighter on your feet?
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 05:44 PM 04-20-2015
Let's just say I am afraid to step on the scale now!
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 09:16 PM 04-21-2015
Okay, I am a bit worried now. I hope it isn't the chemo that did it to me, but this evening, I had 10 bouts of the runs and 2 weeks from now, I will be on a plane for 8 hours from Chicago to Copenhagen. I guess I will have to inform the flight attendant that colon cancer is not forgiving and even if the fasten seatbelts sign is on or there is turbulence, if I have to go, I HAVE TO GO. I may have to bring some Immodium along to be safe. I have to take 3 pills along, 2 for blood pressure and 1 blood thinner, so what is a couple more?

I took an Immodium earlier and I feel better inside, so hopefully the storm has passed. I've had about two pints of water, too. I need a good night's sleep so I hope that I am done with that mess.
[Reply]
BigOlChiefsfan 10:28 PM 04-21-2015
Good vibes headed your way. Get on an exercise cycle if you can before your trip - riding a bike is great in Denmark if that works out for you.
[Reply]
Eleazar 10:34 PM 04-21-2015
Ah, they know that stuff Ed. People get on planes every day with all kinds of issues, irritable bowel, crohn's, colitis, and everything else. I am sure they will understand. Have a great trip back to the motherland!
[Reply]
Miles 10:42 PM 04-21-2015
Like Cochise said, don't worry too much about that. Either just give a flight attendant a heads up it might happen before but but just ignore the fasten seat belt and do what you need to. Have a great trip!
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 01:23 AM 04-22-2015
Thanks, guys! I woke up at 2 am after sleeping roughly four hours, but not due to colonic chaos. My skin itches on my feet and legs. I currently have no pain or pressure in my guts. Maybe it was the Immodium or maybe after 10 times going, it was just gone from my system. I will still take the Immodium along to be safe. Maybe a pair of clean drawers in my carry on are in order, too! I hope my next treatment is easier on me than this last one has been.
[Reply]
Page 17 of 173
« First < 71314151617 181920212767117 > Last »
Up