ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Nzoner's Game Room>How often do we run hurry-up outside of 2 min drill?
Dante84 05:40 PM 01-16-2021
Genuinely curious if there’s a stat somewhere. We always seem to destroy teams in these situations at the end of the half or game.

Do we ever change up tempo to fuck with defenses in the middle of the game?
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:42 PM 01-16-2021
Maybe my memory is faulty, but its seems like almost never
[Reply]
Dante84 05:46 PM 01-16-2021
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Maybe my memory is faulty, but its seems like almost never
Right? I feel like that’s an opportunity to keep momentum during those stretches when we are plodding along.

Maybe PM and Reid like to survey the field and adjust before the snap. Or, maybe we fuck with teams by swapping personnel every play instead.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 05:47 PM 01-16-2021
Chiefs should use it more, especially when the offense gets in those ruts
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:49 PM 01-16-2021
Originally Posted by Dante84:
Right? I feel like that’s an opportunity to keep momentum during those stretches when we are plodding along.

Maybe PM and Reid like to survey the field and adjust before the snap. Or, maybe we fuck with teams by swapping personnel every play instead.
Both of those explanations make a lotta sense, but now that you've brought it up... it does kinda seem like a tactic they could utilize more often
[Reply]
neech 05:55 PM 01-16-2021
I would like the Chiefs to run a series of no-huddle plays from time to time particularly in time running out situations.
[Reply]
Aspengc8 06:32 PM 01-16-2021
You dont want to run no huddle unless you catch the defense in a mismatch and want them to burn a timeout, or closer to halftime/behind at end of game. Your players will be smoked and if your D has a 3 and out after a long drive, they may not be recovered.
[Reply]
J Diddy 06:34 PM 01-16-2021
about a 7
[Reply]
Valiant 07:01 PM 01-16-2021
There are a lot of things I question we don't do.

Play action
Stunts
Pump fakes
Quick snaps
[Reply]
BWillie 08:25 PM 01-16-2021
Originally Posted by Dante84:
Genuinely curious if there’s a stat somewhere. We always seem to destroy teams in these situations at the end of the half or game.

Do we ever change up tempo to **** with defenses in the middle of the game?
I mentioned this a few weeks ago. Id like to see us mix it up and do it mid game because the other team wont be ready for it at first.
[Reply]
dtrain 09:02 PM 01-16-2021
Every time they have run it outside of two minutes it has worked
[Reply]
Papi 09:05 PM 01-16-2021
Originally Posted by Valiant:
There are a lot of things I question we don't do.

Play action
Stunts
Pump fakes
Quick snaps
Think Mahomes can use his eyes like a pump fake but probably doesn't pump because the line doesn't allow enough time.
[Reply]
Dante84 09:10 PM 01-16-2021
Originally Posted by dtrain:
Every time they have run it outside of two minutes it has worked
I legitimately can’t remember a time we’ve done it
[Reply]
Buehler445 01:19 AM 01-17-2021
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Chiefs should use it more, especially when the offense gets in those ruts
Agree.

There can be some basic plays that can make covering Hill and Kelce a giant pain in the ass.

Even if it is just for a few plays, I think it can be useful.
[Reply]
crispystl 07:01 AM 01-17-2021
I was saying this in a thread a couple weeks ago. I don’t know why they don’t use it more. The offense real rolls when they’re hurrying it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Up