ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 12 of 12
« First < 289101112
Nzoner's Game Room>Hobbies....what's yours?
Lprechaun 06:37 PM 11-14-2018
Other than hitting F5 on CP what do you do to pass the time?
My music days are few and far between now and I've found myself clamoring for a hobby.
I started leather working and have had fun making out of the norm stuff that everyone does in belts and wallets.
Made some armor for the recent excuse to drink a lot from a horn and look at wenches.
[Reply]
scho63 09:11 AM 01-17-2021
I used to scuba dive, water ski slalom, snow ski with 195cm Dynastar Omisoft, and play golf 3 days a week.

Sadly I've done none of the above expect golf and that is just 1 time a year.

I need to get more active and have more fun......
[Reply]
GloryDayz 09:28 AM 01-17-2021
Originally Posted by scho63:
I used to scuba dive, water ski slalom, snow ski with 195cm Dynastar Omisoft, and play golf 3 days a week.

Sadly I've done none of the above expect golf and that is just 1 time a year.

I need to get more active and have more fun......
You should undo the "used to" part.

Find a local dive shop, pop in, ask them for a refresher (goes by different names by different certifying agencies), and they'll get you back in the pool soon enough. I think you'll find that it takes very little time to get comfortable in the water again and most of what you learned will come back very quickly. Sure, they'll try to sell you hardware, but just tell them you need a few sessions (beyond the pool [usually] refresher) in the open water before purchases beyond snorkel/mask/fins/boots before you'd consider buying other things like BC/regulator/computer, and they'll probably hook you up with getting you in a local lake or quarry.
[Reply]
Marada 09:30 AM 01-17-2021
When I was physically able, Softball, Bowling and Gold were my hobbies. Now that I'm retired and not able to do the physical stuff It's Model Railroading. My Dad was into that and I have his stuff from 55 years ago. Dug it out and claimed a room in the basement and I'm building a HO layout.
[Reply]
Graystoke 10:03 AM 01-17-2021
Fly Fishing nut, motorcycle nut, disc golf, Indian artifact hunting, camping and hiking.

Trying to downsize my motorcycle collection. It’s to hard to keep them all maintained and properly rode. Nothing worse for a motorcycle then not being run
[Reply]
stevieray 10:06 AM 01-17-2021
Originally Posted by Graystoke:
Trying to downsize my motorcycle collection. It’s to hard to keep them all maintained and properly rode. Nothing worse for a motorcycle then not being run
So true!

Man, please share! whatcha got?

I built an Amen Savior Chopper this last year.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 10:06 AM 01-17-2021
Rooting for the pathetic Browns to receive an ass kicking
[Reply]
Graystoke 10:21 AM 01-17-2021
Originally Posted by stevieray:
So true!

Man, please share! whatcha got?

I built an Amen Savior Chopper this last year.
Didn’t you post that in the Motorcycle thread?

I have 2 Honda 350 CL Scramblers (72 and 73)
2 1973 Yamaha LT 100’s, one is the Enduro edition, high pipe and the other is low pipe street in British Green. A couple Triumphs, 2011 Tiger and a 2014 Thruxton.

I want to unload everything but the Yamahas and buy a KTM 390 Adventure. In fact test rode one yesterday and I was impressed with that little thumper
[Reply]
stevieray 10:27 AM 01-17-2021
Originally Posted by Graystoke:
Didn’t you post that in the Motorcycle thread?

I have 2 Honda 350 CL Scramblers (72 and 73)
2 1973 Yamaha LT 100’s, one is the Enduro edition, high pipe and the other is low pipe street in British Green. A couple Triumphs, 2011 Tiger and a 2014 Thruxton.

I want to unload everything but the Yamahas and buy a KTM 390 Adventure. In fact test rode one yesterday and I was impressed with that little thumper
Yup! New tranny just went in last week.

Nice!

How much you asking for the Scamblers?
[Reply]
God of Thunder 10:46 AM 01-17-2021
Originally Posted by Marada:
When I was physically able, Softball, Bowling and Gold were my hobbies. Now that I'm retired and not able to do the physical stuff It's Model Railroading. My Dad was into that and I have his stuff from 55 years ago. Dug it out and claimed a room in the basement and I'm building a HO layout.
Dude! I'm working on a N scale layout right now.....literally, right now. Took a break because my fingers hurt from all the rail joiners.
[Reply]
cooper barrett 10:53 AM 01-17-2021
I guess mu new hobby is a pair of early 2000s Concours 1000's.
Doing the "Shoudaben reverse engineering" is going to be a job vs. a hobby. Replacing tensioners, cams, even a seventh gear for the road bike is further than I have been into bikes before.

Everything costs a fortune... $6 o-rings
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 11:02 AM 01-17-2021
Boxing
[Reply]
Coach 11:04 AM 01-17-2021
Used to collect baseball and football cards back then when I was a kid. Don't do that anymore, but I still have all my cards since I was a kid.

When weather permits (before pandemic), would play softball on Thursdays and Sundays. Now, I'm just waiting.

I occasionally play the Hearts of Iron 4 strategy game now to kill time. Also just completed a 750 piece jigsaw puzzle on the downtown KC skyline, and now doing a 1,000 piece of a forest with a river cutting through the middle, with one side covered with snow and the other side not covered with snow.
[Reply]
Page 12 of 12
« First < 289101112
Up