ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 43 of 386
« First < 333940414243 444546475393143 > Last »
Media Center>Game of Thrones Seasons 7-8
keg in kc 02:23 PM 05-24-2017
About to hit the 5000 post mark on the old thread, the first season 7 trailer today seems like the right time to start the final Game of Thones thread.

I'm going back to the original rules pre-2015. I don't think we need supervision or bannings. Just don't be a dick. Post anything you find online that hasn't aired yet inside of spoiler tags. That's pretty much it. I think we can all handle that...

For future us, 2015 thread is here: Link
[Reply]
mdchiefsfan 09:11 PM 08-06-2017
Originally Posted by Dylan:
I would hate to see one of the dragons killed in a future episode - However, I think it is inevitable - that hurts.

What happens if one or Cersei's men kill two of the dragons and the Night Walker finds one and uses it to his advantage?

I believe Dany rides Drogon therefore, he is safe unless she goes down with him.

A happy conclusion would be all three dragons survive and no more horses slaughtered in battle.

Trouble with that, GoT is not about happy conclusions.

Just my opinion
I wouldn't be surprised to see Dany take a dragon North to verify the threat and lose one in the process.
[Reply]
Dylan 09:17 PM 08-06-2017
Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan:
I wouldn't be surprised to see Dany take a dragon North to verify the threat and lose one in the process.
How bad is Drogon hurt?

Can he still fly? I am sad.

Drogon turned his head right in time to save his mother.
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:21 PM 08-06-2017
Holy fuck. What an episode.

That dothraki cutting down Bron's horse and the aftermath was compelling television.

The dragon scenes were amazing.

Aryas scenes were good. However parrying a hand and a half sword with her dinky one is a tough ask. That took me out of it a bit. But over all a good scene.

Still not sure what they're trying to get at with Bran. I mean I think I know with Meera and all that but I just don't GET it. I did giggle at his little mindfuck of Littlefinger. I had to rewind it to see what he said but after I did I was happy with the play on Brans part.

Great episode. Not sure how the fuck I'm supposed to sleep after all that.
[Reply]
mdchiefsfan 09:21 PM 08-06-2017
How bad is Drogon hurt?

Can he still fly? I am sad.

Drogon turned his head right in time to save his mother.
Judging by his ability to regain flight momentarily, not too significantly. Once the bolt is removed, he may be able to limp back to Dragon Stone. I thought for sure he was going to eat the bolt; the only thing keeping me guessing was Dany on his back.

The dragon that dies will be flying solo, most likely.
[Reply]
vailpass 09:25 PM 08-06-2017
Judging by his ability to regain flight momentarily, not too significantly. Once the bolt is removed, he may be able to limp back to Dragon Stone. I thought for sure he was going to eat the bolt; the only thing keeping me guessing was Dany on his back.

Lets hope she doesn't lose a dragon North of the wall.
[Reply]
Dylan 09:26 PM 08-06-2017
Beuhler:

The scene with Bron's horse was heart wrenching.

Wish I could erase that scene from my mind right now.

Brutal.
[Reply]
Dylan 09:27 PM 08-06-2017

Thanks -
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:28 PM 08-06-2017
Beuhler:

The scene with Bron's horse was heart wrenching.

Wish I could erase that scene from my mind right now.

Brutal.
I am 1,000% sure they didn't actually cut a horse down. PITA would be all up in their grill.
[Reply]
Dylan 09:36 PM 08-06-2017
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
I am 1,000% sure they didn't actually cut a horse down. PITA would be all up in their grill.
I know that it never happened :-)

However, the sophisticated of computer-generated images were realistic.
[Reply]
mdchiefsfan 09:36 PM 08-06-2017
Originally Posted by vailpass:
Lets hope she doesn't lose a dragon North of the wall.
It would make the most sense. If she loses it battling the South, it would take a while before the dragon would provide any sort of advantage to the Night King.

As I mentioned previously: Dany HAD the best navy, cavalry, army, and the only existing aerial attack in Westeros. Currently, her Navy is seemingly depleted and her Army is tied up trying to find its way back to her.

The Night King can outmatch her Army in numbers, they could consevably match the cavalry by the time they arrive, but the one thing the Night King is lacking is the aerial support. He will get it to even the odds before the confrontation occurs.
[Reply]
vailpass 09:37 PM 08-06-2017
Because they filmed that in Ireland the animal laws are different. According to the post production report I read they actually did cut the horse's leg off in that scene. Worst part is they needed 3 takes.
[Reply]
mdchiefsfan 09:38 PM 08-06-2017
Originally Posted by vailpass:
Because they filmed that in Ireland the animal laws are different. According to the post production report I read they actually did cut the horse's leg off in that scene. Worst part is they needed 3 takes.
Luckily, horses have 4 legs.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 09:39 PM 08-06-2017
Holy fuck. What an episode.

That dothraki cutting down Bron's horse and the aftermath was compelling television.

The dragon scenes were amazing.

Aryas scenes were good. However parrying a hand and a half sword with her dinky one is a tough ask. That took me out of it a bit. But over all a good scene.

Still not sure what they're trying to get at with Bran. I mean I think I know with Meera and all that but I just don't GET it. I did giggle at his little mindfuck of Littlefinger. I had to rewind it to see what he said but after I did I was happy with the play on Brans part.

Great episode. Not sure how the fuck I'm supposed to sleep after all that.
The simplest answer is that Bran is screwed in the head from having all of the knowledge he's experienced from the Weirwood and is constantly experiencing the present and the past all at once. Hence why he is creepily referencing Sansa's rape when speaking to her due to the fact he's not able to easily discern what's 'present'. This is a likely side effect from being an omniscient mortal like the original Three Eyed Raven.

What might be happening given he was a lot more lucid in speaking with Arya and Sansa but not necessarily with Meera was that he's intentionally acting aloof and disconnected because he thinks that's how he should act given his powers. Given the time he spent with Meera and her brother's sacrifice, he probably cares for her but instead remains cold and robotic in order to create distance between him and Meera to ensure she heads home and isn't in anymore danger from the White Walkers and does so with other people because he knows there's a big chance many people at Winterfell aren't going to make it.. if not outright can see their deaths as premonitions.
[Reply]
vailpass 09:40 PM 08-06-2017
Luckily, horses have 4 legs.
That's a great way to look at it.
[Reply]
mdchiefsfan 09:41 PM 08-06-2017
What is everyone's take on the nods between Arya and Littlefinger, as well as the dissatisfaction from Sansa? That seemed odd.
[Reply]
Page 43 of 386
« First < 333940414243 444546475393143 > Last »
Up