ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 182 of 319
« First < 82132172178179180181182 183184185186192232282 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Veach's '21 Offseason Plan to Keep Us Thriving: Let's speculate
Dante84 10:03 AM 02-08-2021
In order to prevent us wasting precious years of Patrick Mahomes' career, Veach needs to work some magic this offseason. What's your advice for him?
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 11:11 AM 03-11-2021
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
I don't think the cutting of Fisher and Schwartz was set in stone, but seeing some of the talent cut yesterday was crazy and I believe there will be great deals to be had for 2021 and Veach wasn't afraid to pull the trigger.
Yes. Veach must see something better out there and doesn't want another Super Bowl where we have 35+ million in salary not doing anything to help.
[Reply]
tmax63 11:23 AM 03-11-2021
I think this puts Clark on notice in addition to everything else. BV just cut 35 mil of players that didn't perform to their pay last year. Even though it was because of injury. I'm thinking Clark knows he's gone if he doesn't play up to his contract for sure now. In the past the Chiefs didn't ever use their outs when they had them to get away from guys who were underperforming. There's a new sheriff in town now though.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:26 AM 03-11-2021
Originally Posted by tmax63:
I think this puts Clark on notice in addition to everything else. BV just cut 35 mil of players that didn't perform to their pay last year. Even though it was because of injury. I'm thinking Clark knows he's gone if he doesn't play up to his contract for sure now. In the past the Chiefs didn't ever use their outs when they had them to get away from guys who were underperforming. There's a new sheriff in town now though.
It certainly makes me feel MUCH better about the Frank Clark situation.

If they don't redo his deal here soon, I'd say they're seriously looking at letting him go after the season.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 11:39 AM 03-11-2021
Whatever is wrong with Clark, I think it's physical and not effort-based. It's not like he's taking plays off ala Houston. He's just...not as effective. I really think it's a long-term injury that he's playing through.
[Reply]
BossChief 11:39 AM 03-11-2021
Yeah. Frank probably needs to play like a 100m type guy to continue being one. If we’re being honest about it, Frank hasn’t been that guy for more than half his games here. Maybe closer to 1/3 of his games.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 11:45 AM 03-11-2021

Eric Bieniemy lived in a hotel all season to protect high-risk son from COVID-19 https://t.co/B09fSHAh3B

— ProFootballTalk (@ProFootballTalk) March 11, 2021

[Reply]
Easy 6 11:53 AM 03-11-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Whatever is wrong with Clark, I think it's physical and not effort-based. It's not like he's taking plays off ala Houston. He's just...not as effective. I really think it's a long-term injury that he's playing through.
Totally agree, he's never struck me as a slacker
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 12:15 PM 03-11-2021
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Crazy.

It's a sick joke that he isn't a Head Coach.
[Reply]
Priest31kc 12:57 PM 03-11-2021
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Welp.

If I'm Brett Veach, I can now get to $40M under the cap with the following (in light of the Fisher/Schwartz releases):

1) Mahomes restructure (Roster bonus)
2) Jones restructure ($15M of roster bonus)
3) Mathieu extension (you can easily cut his 21 cap in half, even if he gets the same type of deal over 4-5 years that Budda Baker got)
4) Kelce restructure ($10M total between roster bonus and base salary)

In this FA market, i have a feeling $40M in 21 cap space can buy you a LOT. Even accounting for the need to hold about $6-7M back for draft picks.

Like maybe an upgrade at LT (Trent Williams) or an equivalent player to a healthy Fisher (Riley Reiff)

And an upgrade at C (Corey Linsley?)

And a defensive end to upgrade the pass rush (many options)
Yes.

Really want us to grab a vet TE too like a Cook, Everett, Burton, Rudolph or even a lesser player because even they would be an upgrade over what we had last year. We basically didn't have a #2 TE.

I think we'll go after a WR too but not a high priced one.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 01:02 PM 03-11-2021
I would be cool with trading for a guy like Dillard sign a proven guard draft a center.

Dillard LDT Drafted Center Veteran Guard Niang

Then use the rest of that cap to get a WR and Dend.
[Reply]
mkp785 01:26 PM 03-11-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
It certainly makes me feel MUCH better about the Frank Clark situation.

If they don't redo his deal here soon, I'd say they're seriously looking at letting him go after the season.
Perfect world: 1 of the Miami DEs fall to us at 31 and that guy plays under/opposite Frank for one year then takes over in 22. Saving us a ton of money.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 01:48 PM 03-11-2021
Originally Posted by mkp785:
Perfect world: 1 of the Miami DEs fall to us at 31 and that guy plays under/opposite Frank for one year then takes over in 22. Saving us a ton of money.
because of the Clark situation and the fact that we need a DE opposite him, I fully expect that our first pick will be a DE.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 02:01 PM 03-11-2021
because of the Clark situation and the fact that we need a DE opposite him, I fully expect that our first pick will be a DE.
I think a DE or OT as the pick is greater than 80%.
[Reply]
tmax63 02:14 PM 03-11-2021
I agree fully but I also see BV putting up the notice that if you aren't living up to your paycheck then you shouldn't get too comfy regardless of the cause.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:48 PM 03-11-2021
I agree fully but I also see BV putting up the notice that if you aren't living up to your paycheck then you shouldn't get too comfy regardless of the cause.
What the fuck?

Both guys were severely injured last season and at no point did either Fisher or Schwartz fail to play up to their contracts.

Fisher was underpaid as a starting left tackle in the NFL.
[Reply]
Page 182 of 319
« First < 82132172178179180181182 183184185186192232282 > Last »
Up