ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 18
« First < 56789 10111213 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Lucas Niang opts out...
Hammock Parties 09:01 AM 08-06-2020

[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:04 AM 08-06-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Your up to speed. Any guards out there better than the ones we have left? Tackles we can move to guard?
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:07 AM 08-06-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Your up to speed. Any guards out there better than the ones we have left? Tackles we can move to guard?
bring them in for a look

[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:15 AM 08-06-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
bring them in for a look

Funny but still.... fuck! :-)
[Reply]
Dunerdr 09:03 AM 08-06-2020
Maybe he just realized his hip needs a year to get right, had other concerns, and the chiefs said fuck yeah well push your cheap deal another year down the road because you were gonna red shirt anyway.
[Reply]
loochy 09:04 AM 08-06-2020
Yeah, it sucks to see that he is out. It feels like this is hitting us hard...but other teams have to deal with it too. Did you see what happened to the Pats? The real question is how are we compared to the other teams?

It's really hard to fault these guys for taking an option that is given to them by their employer. If they were just abandoning the team in the middle of their contract, then I could see the vitrol....but this is a legal option that is endorsed by the league and by the NFLPA.
[Reply]
Mecca 09:06 AM 08-06-2020
The best linemen left now after Warford opted out are guys like Demar Dotson, Cordy Glenn and Josh Kline, basically Jags.
[Reply]
Mecca 09:23 AM 08-06-2020
It's just weird to me how the thoughts on players morph to whatever fits a fans narrative. Players are selfish twats that just want to get paid, those assholes.....oh look now they are pussies for not playing even though they are taking pennies on the dollar to do it.

What?
[Reply]
BWillie 09:44 AM 08-06-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
It's just weird to me how the thoughts on players morph to whatever fits a fans narrative. Players are selfish twats that just want to get paid, those assholes.....oh look now they are pussies for not playing even though they are taking pennies on the dollar to do it.

What?
One can easily argue that it is selfish BY playing. I'm a piece of shit, as I've said before. I'm definitely selfish so ain't no way I'm giving up a 1M to 30M paycheck for a 150k paycheck if I was in their shoes. Someone wants to give me millions of dollars I'll dance over hot coals.

They are taking a clearly altruistic stance to help limit the risk to their family. That decision is much more responsible than the one I would take. And I should not be annoyed by it.

However, I can see how fan who has NO CHOICE but to work a low paying job to make ends meat would be annoyed. It doesn't make it right or wrong - but I can completely understand it. NFL players are extremely privileged to be able to have a league that 1) won't punsh them for quitting 2) still pays them a stipend if they quit 3) forwards their salary to the next year 4) offers free & mandatory testing to every employee (I could go on and on about such privileges) The same cannot be said about the Price Chopper stocker making $12 an hour, living in a shitty apartment, who has no such privileges.
[Reply]
Mecca 09:46 AM 08-06-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
One can easily argue that it is selfish BY playing. I'm a piece of shit, as I've said before. I'm definitely selfish so ain't no way I'm giving up a 1M to 30M paycheck for a 150k paycheck if I was in their shoes. Someone wants to give me millions of dollars I'll dance over hot coals.

They are taking a clearly altruistic stance to help limit the risk to their family. That decision is much more responsible than the one I would take. And I should not be annoyed by it.

However, I can see how fan who has NO CHOICE but to work a low paying job to make ends meat would be annoyed. It doesn't make it right or wrong - but I can completely understand it. NFL players are extremely privileged to be able to have a league that 1) won't punsh them for opting out 2) still pays them a stipend if they quit 3) forwards their salary to the next year 4) offers free & mandatory testing to every employee. The same cannot be said about the Price Chopper stocker making $12 an hour, living in a shitty apartment, who has no such privileges.
Those fans are annoyed for the same reasons they don't like their paychecks, they make more money than me to play a game those fuckers.......they can opt out and I can't, that isn't fair..

It's jealously, what some fans should realize is they aren't NFL players nor is the NFL like your job so stop comparing.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:40 AM 08-06-2020
Pretty sad that players are given shit for choosing to opt out of a season when you’ve got fucking idiots out there that refuse to wear a mask or stop partying because “my freedoms!!!!”.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:42 AM 08-06-2020
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Pretty sad that players are given shit for choosing to opt out of a season when you’ve got fucking idiots out there that refuse to wear a mask or stop partying because “my freedoms!!!!”.
Who's to say those Venn diagrams don't overlap?

Again - 24 year old football players are not a demographic group apart. They're still just 24 year old people. Who play football.

Those same people that won't stop partying are the peer groups of many of these players.

So when you immediately call the former 'fucking idiots' and sanctify the latter...well I think you're doing it wrong.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:44 AM 08-06-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

Again - 24 year old football players are not a demographic group apart. They're still just 24 year old people. Who play football.

Those same people that won't stop partying are the peer groups of many of these players.

So when you immediately call the former 'fucking idiots' and sanctify the latter...well I think you're doing it wrong.
Believe me. If it comes out that Niang opted out and then went about with his normal life....partying and not giving a fuck....I’ll be the first to call him a fucking idiot. I’m giving him the benefit of the doubt right now.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 09:52 AM 08-06-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

So when you immediately call the former '****ing idiots' and sanctify the latter...well I think you're doing it wrong.
Hes also college educated tho. Most of these people are whites or black without any college education.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:56 AM 08-06-2020
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Hes also college educated tho. Most of these people are whites or black without any college education.
Dude - huge swaths of these kids ARE college students.

The party crowd isn't a bunch of blue-collar factory workers. These are largely college aged/college educated kids.
[Reply]
Page 9 of 18
« First < 56789 10111213 > Last »
Up