ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 13 of 16
« First < 3910111213 141516 >
Nzoner's Game Room>What do you collect?
Rain Man 11:55 AM 09-30-2004
I collect:

1. world globes (small collection, because I'm trying to limit myself to one per decade for space purposes)
2. t-shirts from foreign countries, but only if I go to the country
3. refrigerator magnets from any place I travel

I'm starting a fledgling pen collection, too, but only have a few. Pens are cool. I keep threatening to start a salt and pepper shaker collection because they're cheap and there are a lot of fun and creative ones out there, but my wife is wary that they'll take up too much room.
[Reply]
scho63 04:47 PM 04-06-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
I sat on my testicles jumping into truck last year that one caused physical pain but there was mental damage as well. When you start getting leg cramps when you masterbate it is not a good sign.
Any carpal tunnel in your hand? :-)
[Reply]
SuperBowl4 05:26 PM 04-06-2020
Illuminati New World Order playing cards.
[Reply]
SAUTO 01:17 PM 08-08-2020
I think I remember iowanian collecting old pulleys.

There are quite a few on Craigslist in kc right now.
[Reply]
scho63 03:46 PM 08-08-2020
This thread proves why Self Storage places never go out of business.

Americans love to collect shit, no matter what it is.

I collect experiences-pure and simple.

When I was young I thought it would be neat to have "things". Then one day I realized it is a giant waste.
[Reply]
LiveSteam 05:19 PM 08-08-2020
Guns. I use them to collect souls
[Reply]
Pointer19 09:11 PM 08-08-2020
Originally Posted by scho63:
This thread proves why Self Storage places never go out of business.

Americans love to collect shit, no matter what it is.

I collect experiences-pure and simple.

When I was young I thought it would be neat to have "things". Then one day I realized it is a giant waste.
Do you take photos on your outings? Apparently it's "uncool" to suggest group photos while you're out making memories, but I don't want to be the old man with dementia who can't even see pictures of the cool shit I've done.

Originally Posted by LiveSteam:
Guns. I use them to collect souls
This is my weakness. What're your top few?
[Reply]
scho63 02:10 AM 08-10-2020
Originally Posted by Pointer19:
Do you take photos on your outings? Apparently it's "uncool" to suggest group photos while you're out making memories, but I don't want to be the old man with dementia who can't even see pictures of the cool shit I've done.
How do you come up with this from my post? :-)

Pictures are just pictures and yes they are memories.

Not quite "stuff".
[Reply]
eDave 04:16 AM 08-10-2020
Though the pace has slowed substantially, I collect ex's.

Other than that, I've never had the urge to collect anything other than pics of Jimmy Page from various sources at the time which in hind sight sounds awfully lame. As an avid guitar player I've never had GAS either.

Longest off-season ever.
[Reply]
burt 11:19 AM 08-10-2020
Currently collecting "final notice"es.....
[Reply]
Mecca 11:26 AM 08-10-2020
Originally Posted by burt:
Currently collecting "final notice"es.....
That sounds stressful.
[Reply]
chinaski 11:28 AM 08-10-2020
I have a few firearms and high end wristwatches, but I would hardly say I'm a collector.
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:42 PM 08-10-2020
I have a collection of pocket knives, probably nearly 200 of them by now. Nothing terribly collectible or valuable, just buy them when I see something interesting or just beautiful.

Have a spent brass collection of sorts. It's very small (less than 50 pieces), but these days it's tough to find brass that isn't 9mm or .223 rem.
[Reply]
Rain Man 01:22 PM 08-10-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
I have a collection of pocket knives, probably nearly 200 of them by now. Nothing terribly collectible or valuable, just buy them when I see something interesting or just beautiful.

Have a spent brass collection of sorts. It's very small (less than 50 pieces), but these days it's tough to find brass that isn't 9mm or .223 rem.

There's something about pocket knives that promotes artistic design. Maybe it's the combination of the curves and the metal, and the fact that the handles can be a variety of materials. I've seen a lot of beautiful pocket knives over the years.
[Reply]
Megatron96 01:33 PM 08-10-2020
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
There's something about pocket knives that promotes artistic design. Maybe it's the combination of the curves and the metal, and the fact that the handles can be a variety of materials. I've seen a lot of beautiful pocket knives over the years.
"Functional art," I believe is the term. And I completely agree. of course, there's an art to forging any blade, but pocket knives seem to just lend themselves to that kind of expression. Best compromise between carrying size/cost of materials/retail price point I guess.
[Reply]
Pointer19 01:36 PM 08-10-2020
Originally Posted by scho63:
How do you come up with this from my post? :-)

Pictures are just pictures and yes they are memories.

Not quite "stuff".
:-) I didn’t, I agree with you. I was just trying to start a conversation about making memories.
[Reply]
Page 13 of 16
« First < 3910111213 141516 >
Up