ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 85 of 3903
« First < 35758182838485 86878889951351855851085 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
BIG_DADDY 02:49 PM 03-09-2020
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
If you think an industry that uses blood boys and team physicians (whose best interests are almost always in contrast with the patient's) are bastions of expert medical advice then it's no wonder you're as misinformed as you are.

Supplements make almost no difference based solely upon their very low bioavailability. If you can get it from diet, then eat it; otherwise, you're just stressing your kidneys and liver for very very little gain.

The vitamin C myth is based entirely upon the mistakes of Linus Pauling, and repeated studies have shown no benefit. In fact, supplementation is an indicator of increased mortality in some cases (B12, for example). The body needs oxidative stress during cancer treatment because it is that stress that aids in lipid peroxidation and increased death of malignant cells.
I have no idea why you are talking about blood boys. Team physician was just the whole orthopedic surgeon dealio.
[Reply]
suzzer99 02:50 PM 03-09-2020

BREAKING: #Italy PM #Conte announces the restriction zone will be extended to cover the whole country. No longer just a red zone in the north - all of Italy.

— Mark Lowen (@marklowen) March 9, 2020

[Reply]
TLO 02:52 PM 03-09-2020
Originally Posted by R Clark:
Isn’t japan and China at odds with each other?

[Reply]
BIG_DADDY 02:53 PM 03-09-2020
Originally Posted by mac459:
Cause when I was in his office last week getting my shoulder checked. We talked about anti vax people, people who use essential oils, people who think the government is out to **** them. So when you started on your tear of Vitamin C it reminded me of that so I text my friend who is a ortho surgeon. Are you incapable of understanding he is my friend, that is a ortho surgeon? He isn’t just an ortho surgeon that I see at appointments, we golf, we hang out, we text each other, screen shot shit that we find funny. Holy ****ing shit, I can’t believe I have to explain this out to someone, who claims to be friends with an ortho surgeon

What kind of dipshit thinks I was texting his ad an ortho surgeon and not my friend? Holy **** you are stupid. LMFAO. WTF LOL :-)MAO BRB TRYL

You didn’t describe a team ortho surgeon is, you got damn troglodyte. You said teams don’t have an official ortho surgeon, unless they buy the title. That’s not explaining, that’s making shit up.
I don't believe a word you are saying. Team orthopedic surgeon is usually the first line to have something looked at by a team and is great for marketing the doctor.. Surgery and the physician chosen is up to the athlete. This is a dead subject. I know you just want to be a part of something but move on.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 02:54 PM 03-09-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
So how long do we have to wait to get approval if Remdesivir works? It's not a new drug, so couldn't it be approved fairly quickly?
You'd get increased rollout through compassionate exemptions fairly quickly, and broader approval in maybe 4-6 months, but that's a very rough guess based upon past history and other previously untreatable epidemics (AIDS). The closest analogue is probably AZT, which was approved in 1987, in record time (6 months). However, early doses were far too high and people who took it often suffered substantial side effects (cytopenias, mostly) from such large doses.

You'd need large urban or academic centers in most cases. Quick, accurate testing (without the substantially high false positive rates of the original tests), likely confirmed by CT, which appears to be the gold standard at this point.

Since there aren't other standards of care, you could treat against placebo, then see how patients did in comparison, but remember that in a disease with a small case fatality rate, marginal decreases would lead to statistically significant declines based upon how you interpret the data.

Here's an example: 1000 people get coronavirus and 970 live without remdisivir. 1000 people get coronavirus and 990 live with it. What's my relative risk reduction?

My event rate (death) is 3% in the control group and 1% in the experimental group. My absolute risk reduction is only 2%, but my relative risk reduction is (0.03-0.01)/(/0.03) is 66.7%, which means that I've reduced my risk of death by 2/3. Now, how many people do I need to treat to avoid 1 death? In that case, I take 1/absolute risk reduction, which is 1/(0.02), which is 50. Thus, for every 50 patients I treat with remdisivir, I prevent one excess fatality. That's pretty good from a pharmacoeconomic standpoint, but if you're treating millions of people, that's going to be a substantial financial outlay.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 02:56 PM 03-09-2020
Originally Posted by BIG_DADDY:
I have never done a vitamin C drip as I am rarely sick. I just posted what I had read during the week.

I have done hyperbaric IV ozone before and liked it a lot. MOF I am considering getting an EWOT therapy setup but need to finish my due diligence. Have you ever done either?
Why would I pay substantial money for a treatment that has no known medical benefit and unknown potential risks? I'm a medical professional, not a moron.
[Reply]
Rain Man 03:00 PM 03-09-2020
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
Well, that cuts deeper into my Italy trip.
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 03:02 PM 03-09-2020
Originally Posted by BIG_DADDY:
I don't believe a word you are saying. Team orthopedic surgeon is usually the first line to have something looked at by a team and is great for marketing the doctor.. Surgery and the physician chosen is up to the athlete. This is a dead subject. I know you just want to be a part of something but move on.

Kind of like how nobody believes you hang out with Arthur. Just like nobody should believe anything you say because you write something, then when questioned. Make shit up, like

“ There is no official orthopedic surgeons for teams unless they buy the title.”

Then after you say that, you then turn around and say teams have an ortho surgeon. Which is it? Do they have a team ortho or not?

I have been a part of a lot of things, calling out a fucking dipshit on the internet is a hobby I do while I watch it rain.
[Reply]
digger 03:03 PM 03-09-2020
here is a fun link (could be Q)

https://www.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashb...23467b48e9ecf6
[Reply]
TLO 03:07 PM 03-09-2020
So what did Italy do wrong?
[Reply]
srvy 03:15 PM 03-09-2020
Russia seems to be skating by not a care in the world and yet surrounded by it.
[Reply]
suzzer99 03:19 PM 03-09-2020
Originally Posted by srvy:
Russia seems to be skating by not a care in the world and yet surrounded by it.
Russia is the kind of place I would assume that could just call it a huge spike in viral pneumonia cases and be actually able to cover it up. Unless they're hospitals also get overwhelmed like Italy's.
[Reply]
suzzer99 03:20 PM 03-09-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
So what did Italy do wrong?
Well right now they seem to be the worst case outside of China (except maybe Iran but who knows). And I posted earlier itt the kind of crazy draconian things China was doing to stop the spread.

Italy seems to be figuring out the hard way what it needs to do to stop the spread.
[Reply]
suzzer99 03:24 PM 03-09-2020

Philly's St. Patrick’s Day Parade on Sunday is *not* cancelled

“The fact is we have to continue as a population to go on with our lives" https://t.co/8Y6o9UBV9F

— Billy Penn (@billy_penn) March 9, 2020

Something about history repeating or rhyming... pic.twitter.com/XwzXZ17tGp

— Matt McDougall (@doogsatx) March 9, 2020

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/histo...flu-180970372/

Originally Posted by :
For Philadelphia, the fallout was swift and deadly. Two days after the parade, the city’s public health director Wilmer Krusen, issued a grim pronouncement: “The epidemic is now present in the civilian population and is assuming the type found in naval stations and cantonments [army camps].”

Within 72 hours of the parade, every bed in Philadelphia’s 31 hospitals was filled. In the week ending October 5, some 2,600 people in Philadelphia had died from the flu or its complications. A week later, that number rose to more than 4,500. With many of the city’s health professionals pressed into military service, Philadelphia was unprepared for this deluge of death.

[Reply]
jjjayb 03:27 PM 03-09-2020
Originally Posted by FD:
Starting to feel like this isn't actually a "hoax" after all.
No, but the over reactions are.
[Reply]
Originally Posted by FD:
[Reply]
Originally Posted by FD:
[Reply]
Page 85 of 3903
« First < 35758182838485 86878889951351855851085 > Last »
Up