Page 13 of 17
« First < 3910111213 14151617 >
Nzoner's Game Room>A tradition like no other ****Official Masters Thread****
Demonpenz 08:11 PM 04-10-2024
Anyone watching
[Reply]
Hoopsdoc 06:19 PM 04-15-2024
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
The PGA Tour is about to close a deal with PIF (the Saudi fund that backs LIV) to fund its tour, so I trust everyone that has a problem with LIV and its funding will also have a problem with the PGA Tour shortly too?
I don’t care about the Saudi money. It’s the way the tour is set up, as previously mentioned.

I won’t quit watching the PGAT unless they adopt LIV’s idiotic model. Then I’ll lose interest.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 06:24 PM 04-15-2024

��#NEW: The Guardian is reporting that Viktor Hovland is LIV GOLF’s next target as it looks to make a push for more TOUR stars. Hovland has made some critical comments of Jay Monahan’s leadership in recent months. Hovland has been a part of LIV rumors for some time however. pic.twitter.com/4Ml7Fb1PuS

— NUCLR GOLF (@NUCLRGOLF) April 15, 2024

Hovland on the way out too, it would appear.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 06:26 PM 04-15-2024
Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc:
I don’t care about the Saudi money. It’s the way the tour is set up, as previously mentioned.

I won’t quit watching the PGAT unless they adopt LIV’s idiotic model. Then I’ll lose interest.
Meh, it's all just golf to me. In fact, I find it (in general) to be a superior product to watch. No commercials help with that and the fields on most of the PGAT events have deteriorated now to the point that LIV largely has more interesting finishes with better players.
[Reply]
philfree 06:30 PM 04-15-2024
Originally Posted by crispystl:
Yeah, there's a little irony there because everyone says "Yeah he's great, he's just so damn boring". Well consistency IS boring and that's exactly what you want playing golf.
Yeah a little more personality in the process might not hurt but golf is all about being consistent with how a guy goes about his business.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 06:31 PM 04-15-2024
Im not a fan of the best talent being spread thin across pga and liv. However it’s about damn time players stood up to these leagues who squeeze every drop of blood out of these athletes. Between all the tours and media obligations, these players in golf and tennis are getting burnt the fuck out and nobody cares.

It’s sad that it took competitive threat for the pga to make an effort to keep their golfers happy
[Reply]
wbbonneriii 06:32 PM 04-15-2024
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Yeah scheffler is like the Mike trout of golf. An absolute joy to watch. But despite having personality just not very marketable. They both kinda just go about their business
The only difference is Trout had never won jack in the majors…has his team ever won a playoff series?
[Reply]
KC_Connection 06:37 PM 04-15-2024
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Im not a fan of the best talent being spread thin across pga and liv. However it’s about damn time players stood up to these leagues who squeeze every drop of blood out of these athletes. Between all the tours and media obligations, these players in golf and tennis are getting burnt the **** out and nobody cares.

It’s sad that it took competitive threat for the pga to make an effort to keep their golfers happy
This entire saga will inevitably end in a few years with them all coming together under one tour/entity (almost certainly funded by the PIF Saudi fund) and with the players making more money than they were before. Not bad for them at all.
[Reply]
philfree 06:40 PM 04-15-2024

Rory on the way out next?
I'm curious how these deals are structured. A player gets Xmillions paid how and then how long do they belong to the LIV?
[Reply]
KC_Connection 06:43 PM 04-15-2024
Originally Posted by philfree:
I'm curious how these deals are structured. A player gets Xmillions paid how and then how long do they belong to the LIV?
It would be very interesting to see one. I'm sure they're contracted for several years at least to get hundreds of millions of dollars out of them.
[Reply]
Hoopsdoc 06:44 PM 04-15-2024
This entire saga will inevitably end in a few years with them all coming together under one tour/entity (almost certainly funded by the PIF Saudi fund) and with the players making more money than they were before. Not bad for them at all.
And then all these guys who took the money will look like geniuses.

Which is odd because Douchechambeau and genius are not words you generally hear together.
[Reply]
blake5676 06:48 PM 04-15-2024
I'm going to be shocked if the rumor is true, but good for Rory if he does take it. Will be a final nail in the coffin of the old traditional PGA Tour as we know it. And a double fisted middle finger to Jay Monahan, who let Rory go out week after week and plead the case for PGA loyalty only to totally fuck him in the end. Rory deserves to tell Jay to eat a dick.
[Reply]
blake5676 06:51 PM 04-15-2024
This is the most logical conclusion I can wrap my head around as well. The PGA has just done such a piss poor job from the start of all of this they somewhat deserve it. But GMAB to those who say watching LIV events are better than the top 15 or so PGA events. Its a silly format, no one likes the 54 hole deal and the team idea falls flat IMO.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 06:58 PM 04-15-2024
Originally Posted by blake5676:
This is the most logical conclusion I can wrap my head around as well. The PGA has just done such a piss poor job from the start of all of this they somewhat deserve it.
It's the conclusion that would have happened had Monahan and the tour been willing to negotiate with the Saudis to begin with. Tennis has learned from their mistake and is going to accept their funding.

Originally Posted by :
But GMAB to those who say watching LIV events are better than the top 15 or so PGA events. Its a silly format, no one likes the 54 hole deal and the team idea falls flat IMO.
Well over half the PGAT events at this point in this era are comprised of joke fields with very few top 50 players. You're damn right I'll be watching LIV events over at least those events.

And I can't say I'm bothered by the 54 hole thing. Who with a job even watches golf on Thursday or Friday as it is?
[Reply]
Papachief 08:41 PM 04-15-2024
Meh, it's all just golf to me. In fact, I find it (in general) to be a superior product to watch. No commercials help with that and the fields on most of the PGAT events have deteriorated now to the point that LIV largely has more interesting finishes with better players.

Better players?

They have 3 players who can win on the PGA tour, John Rahm, Cam Smith, Brooks Koepka. Everyone else is including Bryson are just after thoughts. I don’t blame the players for taking the money offered and for some of the older guys it’s a great opportunity to continue their careers. But in reality it’s a weak tour made up of hasbens and want to be’s. The product is mediocre at best.
That being said, I really hope they can all merge and be one again.
[Reply]
crayzkirk 08:52 PM 04-15-2024
With all the talk about how Scottie Scheffler is boring; to me, Tiger was the most boring golfer ever. Unlike Jack Nicholas, he never made a Sunday charge and most of his wins were blowouts. He played in a time between the great players and there was really no one to challenge him.

Plus, it seems that he wasn't a very good husband or driver.

One thing that he was like Jack in that really bothered me; the coverage given to these players when they were out of contention. I guess that's what other people wanted to see however I was always interested in seeing the leaders. Not their fault however it was frustrating to spend so much time on a player that was out of it.
[Reply]
Page 13 of 17
« First < 3910111213 14151617 >
Up