ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 48 of 112
« First < 384445464748 495051525898 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2023-2024 NBA Thread***
dirk digler 04:43 PM 10-24-2023
Can't believe the NBA Season is starting tonight. Way to early but here we go.

Lakers vs Nuggets: 6:30PM

Suns vs Warriors: 9PM

Both on TNT
[Reply]
staylor26 01:25 PM 03-27-2024
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
There is no distinction other than the nature of the sport itself lending itself to a smaller sample size deciding outcomes. A bad playoff performance remains a bad playoff performance and LeBron, Mahomes, Brady (a ton of them), and yes even MJ have had them.
Players in the NBA have bad games or halves all the time.

If Curry choked in one game, that is not the same thing as Lebron choking for an entire series either.

It's absolutely amazing how difficult it is for you to grasp this.

The best part is, I know it's 100% because you have Lebron stan brain rot. You aren't really this dumb.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 01:27 PM 03-27-2024
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Players in the NBA have bad games or halves all the time.

If Curry choked in one game, that is not the same thing as Lebron choking for an entire series.

It's absolutely amazing how difficult it is for you to grasp this.

The best part is, I know it's 100% because you have Lebron stan brain rot. You aren't really this dumb.
Bad halves/games in the NFL decide SBs. Mahomes had one of those that likely cost him one against a clearly inferior team. But he gets a pass for that and LeBron doesn't in the GOAT discussions because of the nature of the sport they play?

Are you sure I'm the one with stan brain rot here?
[Reply]
staylor26 01:29 PM 03-27-2024
Bad halves/games in the NFL decide SBs. Mahomes had one of those that likely cost him one against a clearly inferior team. But he gets a pass for that and LeBron doesn't because of the nature of the sport they play?

Are you sure I'm the one with stan brain rot here?
Yes, absolutely.

No matter how you try to spin it, Lebron choking for an entire series is not the same as Mahomes choking for one half of football.

We can't just ignore the reality of the differences in the sports because it's inconvenient for your hero.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 01:32 PM 03-27-2024
Yes, absolutely.

No matter how you try to spin it, Lebron choking for an entire series is not the same as Mahomes choking for one half of football.

We can't just ignore the reality of the differences in the sports because it's inconvenient for your hero.
Their "choking" literally had exactly the same effect in each case with the only real difference between the nature of the sport they play and how outcomes are decided.

And I would say I'm very much not the one who is ignoring reality here because it is inconvenient for their hero.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 03-27-2024, 01:35 PM
This message has been deleted by KC_Connection. Reason: double post
staylor26 01:36 PM 03-27-2024
Their "choking" literally had exactly the same effect in each case with the only real difference between the nature of the sport they play and how outcomes are decided.

And I would say I'm very much not the one who is ignoring reality here because it is inconvenient for their hero.
Yes, the effect is the same, if we're robots discussing this, you have a point.

We're humans though, and anybody with half a brain can understand the difference between Lebron showing up night in and night out and letting his team down on the biggest stage, and Mahomes having a bad half once in an AFCCG.

It's not a 1 for 1 comparison. You want to ignore the context to make it one, because again, it's inconvenient for Lebron to acknowledge the difference.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:39 PM 03-27-2024
You've proven to everybody the lengths you will go to defend Lebron though.

Comparing Mahomes AFCCG to the Bengals and Lebron's 2011 choke job as a 1 for 1?

:-)
[Reply]
KC_Connection 01:42 PM 03-27-2024
Yes, the effect is the same, if we're robots discussing this, you have a point.

We're humans though, and anybody with half a brain can understand the difference between Lebron showing up night in and night out and letting his team down on the biggest stage, and Mahomes having a bad half once in an AFCCG.

It's not a 1 for 1 comparison. You want to ignore the context to make it one, because again, it's inconvenient for Lebron to acknowledge the difference.
Both of their teams were favored against their opponents and both of their performances arguably cost their team a championship. The nature of football itself lends itself to a smaller sample size deciding outcomes, but you really have to reach to find much of a distinction there.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 01:44 PM 03-27-2024
You've proven to everybody the lengths you will go to defend Lebron though.

Comparing Mahomes AFCCG to the Bengals and Lebron's 2011 choke job as a 1 for 1?

The point of the comparison was to show how silly it is to grip onto one bad playoff performance in an entire career of playoff excellence.

Only insecure Brady and MJ fans seem to do it, though, so I suppose it can't be too much of a surprise.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:45 PM 03-27-2024
Both of their teams were favored against their opponents and both of their performances arguably cost their team a championship. The nature of football itself lends itself to a smaller sample size deciding outcomes, but you really have to reach to find much of a distinction there.
I realize that it's the same when you completely ignore context.

Exactly what point do you think you're making repeating this? Maybe you are just really dumb. It would explain the Barry persona.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:48 PM 03-27-2024
The point of the comparison was to show how silly it is to grip onto one bad playoff performance in an entire career of playoff excellence.

Only insecure Brady and MJ fans seem to do it, though, so I suppose it can't be too much of a surprise.
It's not just a "bad playoff perfomance". There's an enormous amount of context that you're ignoring.

The irony when people point out KD being no different than Lebron trying to build super teams and stack the deck, then all of a sudden there's this context that changes EVERYTHING.

You're an absolute :-)
[Reply]
KC_Connection 01:50 PM 03-27-2024
You really want to get into an argument now over who is ignoring context here when talking about LeBron and his playoff history? :-)
[Reply]
staylor26 01:51 PM 03-27-2024
You really want to get into an argument now over who is ignoring context here? :-)
[Reply]
KC_Connection 01:54 PM 03-27-2024

This is interesting:

Kobe Bryant: Favored 7x in 7 Finals appearances
Michael Jordan: Favored 6x in 6 Finals appearances
Stephen Curry: Favored 6x in 6 Finals appearances
LeBron James: Favored 3x in 10 Finals appearances

Guess who gets the most shit for being on "super…

— Barry (@BarryOnHere) January 21, 2024

Context matters though, right?
[Reply]
KC_Connection 01:56 PM 03-27-2024

Series wins as an underdog --> Series losses as a favorite

Dirk: 6 ---> 3 (+3)
Garnett: 3 ---> 0 (+3)
LeBron: 6 ---> 4 (+2)
Jokic: 3 ---> 1 (+2)
Wade: 3 ---> 2 (+1)
Jordan: 2 ---> 1 (+1)
Durant: 2 ---> 3 (-1)
Giannis: 2 ---> 3 (-1)…

— Barry (@BarryOnHere) January 21, 2024

Context, context, context.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:56 PM 03-27-2024
I love when you post Barry and I get to see people just clowning him in the comments:

Only lebron fans think it’s a sign of being the greatest ever that he wasn’t supposed to win and then didn’t win.

— backwards basketball (@backwardsball5) January 21, 2024

:-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
Page 48 of 112
« First < 384445464748 495051525898 > Last »
Up