ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 227 of 791
« First < 127177217223224225226227 228229230231237277327727 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2019 Free agency Thread
O.city 03:24 PM 02-05-2019
We don't really have one of these yet, so figured we could use this as a place to discuss potential free agent acquisitions and what we would like to look for them to bring in.

If any of you guys are interested, heres a good place to do some research.

https://overthecap.com/
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 05:06 PM 03-10-2019
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
We are blowing up the 31st ranked defense
Needs to be done and get out with all the super pass rush shit. They were thrown on 100 more times than damn anyone else. The stats are inflated becasue of it.
Dee Ford had one of the highest pressure percentages.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 05:06 PM 03-10-2019
Originally Posted by mcaj22:
Wait til that system makes a box safety one of the highest paid defensive players lol
yeah, because clearly, covering TE's and slot receivers along with running backs were a strong point for us.

Are you high? What do you think a 'box safety' does in a 4-3?
[Reply]
chiefforlife 05:07 PM 03-10-2019
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
I feel like we blew up the leagues best pass rush to accommodate a shitty DC and his system
I feel like we blew up the leagues worst defense.

Look man, wouldnt you give up some sacks for some 3rd down stops! I would.

We are going to a more aggressive Defense with a new scheme. If we have half as many sacks but twice as many 3rd down stops our defense will be greatly improved. Our league leading sacks defense got ZERO in the AFC Championship game. A stop or two on 3rd down and we win that game.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 05:07 PM 03-10-2019
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
I don't really get what you're arguing, then. I thought you prefered to revoke the tag and let him leave for a comp pick if we couldn't find a trade partner.
Will 2020 be the Year of the Further Injured/Brain Dead Pass Rusher"? Because if so, we've got that shit locked DOWN.
[Reply]
mcaj22 05:10 PM 03-10-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
yeah, because clearly, covering TE's and slot receivers along with running backs were a strong point for us.

Are you high? What do you think a 'box safety' does in a 4-3?
I know what a box safety does. Overpaying said safety, the one they covet to run said system that can't actually cover is a completely different topic than what the role is in the system.

I'm questioning if it's worth paying that much for it. Not the role of it in the system.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 05:11 PM 03-10-2019
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
I don't really get what you're arguing, then. I thought you prefered to revoke the tag and let him leave for a comp pick if we couldn't find a trade partner.
Yeah, I can tell that you don't.

The whole point is the Chiefs don't really seem confident in Ford fitting in well because they wouldn't be actively shopping him for just a 2nd round pick. If they aren't confident in him panning out, I think I would rather have the 17 mil (keeping him tagged as a LB is a stretch) and taking what would be a more sure thing in the comp pick formula would make sense over the alternative.
[Reply]
Iconic 05:13 PM 03-10-2019
I feel like we blew up the leagues best pass rush to accommodate a shitty DC and his system
The leagues best pass rush lead the NFL's all-time record for most first downs surrendered.

I think I'm okay with a system change.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 05:14 PM 03-10-2019
Originally Posted by mcaj22:
I know what a box safety does. Overpaying said safety, the one they covet to run said system that can't actually cover is a completely different topic than what the role is in the system.

I'm questioning if it's worth paying that much for it. Not the role of it in the system.
you guys throw out the term 'BOX SAFETY' like that's some kind of derogatory term.

In the modern NFL, a 'box safety' or more accurately, a STRONG SAFETY is responsible for covering TE's, slot receivers on slants and short yardage routes, and in run support.

These are things we were absolutely horrible at last year. Landon Collins would've made enough difference alone that we probably beat New England and go to the Super Bowl.

But you guys think he's worth less than a free safety.

He's a defense changing piece, will be 26 years old, and already proven to be a stud in this defensive system. You guys are nuts.
[Reply]
TambaBerry 05:15 PM 03-10-2019
Why the fuck is Berry still on this team
[Reply]
chiefforlife 05:15 PM 03-10-2019
you guys throw out the term 'BOX SAFETY' like that's some kind of derogatory term.

In the modern NFL, a 'box safety' or more accurately, a STRONG SAFETY is responsible for covering TE's, slot receivers on slants and short yardage routes, and in run support.

These are things we were absolutely horrible at last year. Landon Collins would've made enough difference alone that we probably beat New England and go to the Super Bowl.

He's a defense changing piece, will be 26 years old, and already proven to be a stud in this defensive system. You guys are nuts.
This, all of this!
[Reply]
saphojunkie 05:20 PM 03-10-2019
This take is so fucking you dumb you managed to get Red Dawg to be reasonable.
[Reply]
saphojunkie 05:22 PM 03-10-2019

Exactly

Newsflash: Sutton used his SS in a completely stupid way. It's why you saw Daniel Sorenson essentially playing outside linebacker. People need to get their minds out of the Sutton era trash system.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 05:23 PM 03-10-2019
Originally Posted by saphojunkie:
Exactly

Newsflash: Sutton used his SS in a completely stupid way. It's why you saw Daniel Sorenson essentially playing outside linebacker. People need to get their minds out of the Sutton era trash system.
it's like all these guys ONLY watch The Chiefs.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 05:24 PM 03-10-2019
Originally Posted by saphojunkie:
Exactly

Okay. Collins isn't good in coverage. That's what people are concerned about.
[Reply]
O.city 05:25 PM 03-10-2019
Yeah it’s like literally all the nfl people have been saying the same things about Landon Collins struggles as we have here but clearly, none of us are as versed in football as some here
[Reply]
Page 227 of 791
« First < 127177217223224225226227 228229230231237277327727 > Last »
Up