ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Media Center>Knight Rider
Shiver Me Timbers 11:37 AM 06-19-2020
I was bored last night. So I watched two episodes of Knight Rider.
While probably not the producers intent- it is really good Comedy.
Talking Trans AM Fire Chicken named Kitt who sounds a bit fem, Hasseloff taking a nap while on a road trip.
[Reply]
JD10367 12:19 PM 06-19-2020
Wow! This is totally new information!

I hear they have a show on a cruise ship too, and some island where fantasies come true, and one with a Dodge Charger and two hick brothers!
[Reply]
Shaid 01:01 PM 06-19-2020
lol, knight rider was great back in the day but I'm sure it doesn't age well. I preferred Airwolf for your indestructible vehicle shows of the 80s.
[Reply]
alpha_omega 01:18 PM 06-19-2020
Originally Posted by Shaid:
lol, knight rider was great back in the day but I'm sure it doesn't age well. I preferred Airwolf for your indestructible vehicle shows of the 80s.

It most certainly did not age well just like many of the others from the 80's.

That being said....Airwuss was the worst.
[Reply]
Shaid 01:22 PM 06-19-2020
Originally Posted by alpha_omega:
It most certainly did not age well just like many of the others from the 80's.

That being said....Airwuss was the worst.
I preferred the firepower of the chopper. I was probably 7 or 8 when I watched them though.
[Reply]
Third Eye 01:45 PM 06-19-2020
As someone who was born in ‘76, 80s TV was the best. Knight Rider, Magnum PI, Airwolf, A-Team, The Fall Guy, Simon & Simon, The Rockford Files... so many great shows. Viewed through today’s prestige TV lens, yeah, they don’t hold up well at all. That’s ok though, they get bonus points for nostalgia.
[Reply]
alpha_omega 01:50 PM 06-19-2020
Let's spice it up a bit...which Knight sidekick was better?.....

or...

[Reply]
Deberg_1990 02:13 PM 06-19-2020
Originally Posted by Third Eye:
As someone who was born in ‘76, 80s TV was the best. Knight Rider, Magnum PI, Airwolf, A-Team, The Fall Guy, Simon & Simon, The Rockford Files... so many great shows. Viewed through today’s prestige TV lens, yeah, they don’t hold up well at all. That’s ok though, they get bonus points for nostalgia.
Rockford Files holds up extremely well. That’s an all timer.

Magnum and Simon and Simon hold up.

Knight Rider, Airwolf, ATeam and Fall Guy no. Those were always pure cheese.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:21 PM 06-19-2020
Originally Posted by Shaid:
Airwolf is so bad. I watched it as a kid and enjoyed it.

I watched it as an adult and realized it was about 6 different stock footage shots for the helicopter and that Jan-Michael Vincent is a worse actor than any homeless man you could've dragged off the street.
[Reply]
Shiver Me Timbers 02:35 PM 06-19-2020
The mechanic chick
[Reply]
Shaid 02:44 PM 06-19-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

I watched it as an adult and realized it was about 6 different stock footage shots for the helicopter and that Jan-Michael Vincent is a worse actor than any homeless man you could've dragged off the street.
lol, I probably shouldn't watch it again then.
[Reply]
Rain Man 03:01 PM 06-19-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

I have no idea how Jan-Michael Vincent ever made a career as an actor. The guy had one facial expression and one tone of voice. I guess it should be inspirational in that anyone can succeed if they persevere.
[Reply]
Nickhead 03:09 PM 06-19-2020
no luv for 'Riptide'?? :-)
[Reply]
displacedinMN 03:36 PM 06-19-2020
I watched a few Knight Rider's over the air this summer. No. It did not age well. But did predict some future technology.

I love watching shows and looking for sets from other shows. Most of it was done at Universal in the same square as Back to the Future. Had the diner where Marty tripped Biff. Different paint of course.

That was also the same square as Gilmore Girls. (none of which was filmed in NE)
[Reply]
JD10367 03:55 PM 06-19-2020

or...

Let's play "fuck, marry, kill". Fuck April, marry Bonnie, kill Michael Knight.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Up