ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 5
< 123 45 >
Media Center>Zack Snyder's Justice League Director's cut will air on HBOMAX
Tribal Warfare 12:38 PM 05-20-2020

�� It's official, The Snyder Cut of #JusticeLeague is coming to HBO Max in 2021. �� pic.twitter.com/1kgcXFMk6D

— Rotten Tomatoes (@RottenTomatoes) May 20, 2020

This is real. #releasethesnydercut@HBOMax pic.twitter.com/Cnvupwg48W

— Zack Snyder (@ZackSnyder) May 20, 2020

[Reply]
BigBeauford 10:28 AM 05-21-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:

I swore to never watch anything in which Damon Lindeloff has his mitts on and to day, I've been able to keep that promise. If fans of GoT feel the same way, then B&W are going to have a rough ride ahead.
Good decision. Leftovers season 1 was horrid. I refuse to watch the next 2 seasons. And I noped out of Watchman after the first episode, which was painful because I consider the graphic novels essential reading.
[Reply]
vailpass 10:56 AM 05-21-2020
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Weren't you the guy who didn't want to watch it (and supposedly never did) because it you thought it had politics you disagreed with in it based on the trailers? A silly approach to take, but to each his own. In any case, I'm far from the only one to think it was good last year:

#25 on this list for decade: https://www.rollingstone.com/tv/tv-l...tchmen-914768/

#1 on this list for 2019: https://www.vox.com/culture/2019/12/...n-russian-doll

Best of 2019: https://www.newsweek.com/best-tv-sho...tchmen-1479617
VOX and Rolling Stone...:-). Let's just leave it at that and not hijack this thread. You are welcome to watch all the Wokemen you want. When does season 2 come out?
[Reply]
KC_Connection 10:58 AM 05-21-2020
Originally Posted by vailpass:
VOX and Rolling Stone...:-). Let's just leave it at that and not hijack this thread. You are welcome to watch all the Wokemen you want. When does season 2 come out?
And you're welcome to dismiss a show that you haven't ever seen for no good reason at all. Again, it's no skin off my back.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 11:06 AM 05-21-2020
Originally Posted by notorious:
Man of Steel had some great scenes, but the battles with his uncle/minions was fatiguing and boring.
I love Man of Steel. Was disappointed in BvS and especially Justice Lame.

Not sure why Man of Steel was better. maybe because Nolan was more directly involved?
[Reply]
Jamie 11:25 AM 05-21-2020
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
I remember they denied for years the characters being in purgatory. And that’s what it ended up being.
It wasn't purgatory. At least the island wasn't, I guess you could call the flash-sideways world purgatory.But everything that happened on the island happened.
[Reply]
sully1983 01:12 PM 05-21-2020
Only way I'll watch this shit show is if Wonder Woman gets naked in it.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 11:56 PM 05-21-2020

A message from @BenAffleck to @ZackSnyder and thanking fans on @ThatKevinSmith FatMan Beyond LIVE

��https://t.co/RZlN7JBLf2 pic.twitter.com/1A7UiXu3LH

— DC Films (@DCFUnited) May 22, 2020

Affleck hates himself that he accepted the Batman role in the Snyder DCEU
[Reply]
Bowser 05:33 PM 05-22-2020
My question is will this version be substantially better than the original? Not that it's a leap to get "substantially", mind you.
[Reply]
Bowser 05:37 PM 05-22-2020
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
I realize I might be in a very small minority here, but I kinda really liked Affleck in the role. The fight scene in BvS with Bats taking on the mercenaries was easily one of the best scenes in the whole flick, and I think he nailed Bruce Wayne as well as he could with the subject matter he had to work with.

Snyder is a VFX wiz and an OK director. But putting DCCU on Snyder's shoulders was a critical error.
[Reply]
keg in kc 05:48 PM 05-22-2020
The only problem with Batman in those movies was the fat bat emblem.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 08:23 PM 05-22-2020
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:

I liked him as Batman. It's too bad he went through so much shit.
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 08:55 PM 05-22-2020
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
You're missing out on two of the best shows of the past decade (Leftovers, Watchmen) having taken that position.
The Watchmen series was better than expected and was up and down in parts but episode 6 with the origin story of Hooded Justice was one of the best hours of television ever made. I honestly can't believe Lindelof was remotely involved with anything having to do with that episode...
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 06:31 AM 05-23-2020
Originally Posted by Bowser:
I realize I might be in a very small minority here, but I kinda really liked Affleck in the role. The fight scene in BvS with Bats taking on the mercenaries was easily one of the best scenes in the whole flick, and I think he nailed Bruce Wayne as well as he could with the subject matter he had to work with.

Snyder is a VFX wiz and an OK director. But putting DCCU on Snyder's shoulders was a critical error.
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:
I liked him as Batman. It's too bad he went through so much shit.
I had very low expectations of him as Batman, but he really did a good job with it. Too bad they didn't give him more to work with.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 09:32 PM 05-23-2020
Originally Posted by Bowser:

I don't think you're in the minority at all for liking Affleck as Batman.

He probably does a way better job at depicting Batman from the comics than any live-action Batman aside from maybe Keaton (Bale was fine, but his character is not remotely close to the comics).
[Reply]
Jamie 11:05 PM 05-23-2020
I've always wondered what it would have been like if Affleck was in the Dark Knight trilogy. At the very least he wouldn't have done the monster voice. He's also the only live action Batman who really had the correct physicality. Maybe Bale in Begins, when he was all built up, but Affleck is a legit 6'4". Everybody else who has played Batman has been closer to 6'.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 5
< 123 45 >
Up