ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 91 of 172
« First < 41818788899091 92939495101141 > Last »
Media Center>Better Call Saul
rico 11:01 PM 10-06-2013

As I am sure many of y'all already know, a spinoff of "Breaking Bad" titled "Better Call Saul" will be airing in 2014. This is going to be a prequel to Breaking Bad and will be based on the character of Saul Goodman from "Breaking Bad."

I, for one, will be watching. I'm sure the majority of all of you other "Breaking Bad" fans will be as well. Might as well get the discussion going sooner rather than later.

So... what are your hopes, expectations and/or concerns with the show? Here are some of mine:

Hopes: I hope to see Saul do his thing in the courtroom. I hope to see strong, unique supporting characters. I hope to see Breaking Bad foreshadowing. I hope he has an intriguing paralegal and/or assistant. I hope to see Breaking Bad characters such as Fring, Mike, etc...whoever. I hope the show kicks ass.

Expectations: I don't expect it to be as good as "Breaking Bad" (because nothing else is, really), but I expect it to be good since Vince Gilligan is writing. I somewhat expect it to have an even balance of comedy and drama...since Saul undeniably provides a substantial amount of comedic relief in "Breaking Bad." I expect to see "courtroom Saul." I expect the "Breaking Bad" references and character cameos to be less than what I hope. If it isn't even a fraction as good as "Breaking Bad," I expect it to be better than 95% of everything else on TV, since there is some shitty shit on TV these days.

Concerns: I'd be a liar if I were to say that I didn't think this show has potential of flopping and certainly failing to meet the presumed high expectations of the audience. Don't get me wrong, I think it will be good... but I think it COULD suck if not executed properly. My main concern is Saul ultimately proving himself to be a "little dab will do ya" type of character, which would lead to a show centered around his character not working out. I am hoping that the character of Saul will not be so over-used and constantly over the top, that he becomes annoying to me, thus ruining his character for me altogether... Not saying I think this will be how it goes down...just saying I think there is a CHANCE of this being the case, which prompts me to believe that a strong supporting cast is VITAL in terms of the amount of success/quality this show will accumulate. All in all, I don't think VG will steer us in an unfortunate direction though...I think they'll pull it off.

Thoughts?

DISCUS!!!!

[Reply]
Gonzo 07:36 AM 05-23-2017
Kim's losing her shit now too.
[Reply]
raybec 4 07:44 AM 05-23-2017
It's picking up steam. Watching Jimmy plan the way to con that asshole at the bar was awesome. The anger and frustration he showed was great. Odenkirk is excellent at conveying the inner struggle. He really screwed Chuck over too.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 10:18 AM 05-23-2017
Originally Posted by notorious:
It's not out of the realm of possibility, though. Jesse might have been dealing when he was 16-17 which would put him at 24-25 starting BB.
The guy who plays Jimmy/Saul is 54 years old currently. And this is supposed to be earlier than that?
[Reply]
lcarus 05:47 PM 05-23-2017
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
I have STRONG doubts about something so simple as a universal allergy to EMF. But there actually are communities devoted to people who claim a sensitivity to high-frequency EM.* Still in question is if it is a physical manifestation of psychological disturbance or a physical manifestation of physical bombardment.

https://skeptoid.com/episodes/4072

* - if unfamilar, electricity and magnetism are synergistic phenomena. That is, electrons in motion creates magnetism, and magnets in motion create electrical current, . . . and back and forth and back and forth. So the faster these two things occur in proximity, the more complex the fields and currents.
Not that he's wrong about this particular subject, but that Brian Dunning guy from Skeptoid.com is the biggest knob on the planet.
[Reply]
Sandy Vagina 05:53 PM 05-23-2017
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
It's picking up steam. Watching Jimmy plan the way to con that asshole at the bar was awesome. The anger and frustration he showed was great. Odenkirk is excellent at conveying the inner struggle. He really screwed Chuck over too.
Had a few, brief moments, but was otherwise another snooze-ep.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 06:08 PM 05-23-2017
I wonder if Jimmy is going to collude with a former client to sue himself for the insurance money. I assume he's going to manipulate the waiver for an injury settlement for his community service.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 07:23 PM 05-23-2017
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:
The guy who plays Jimmy/Saul is 54 years old currently. And this is supposed to be earlier than that?
Suspension of disbelief.
[Reply]
notorious 07:40 PM 05-25-2017
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
I wonder if Jimmy is going to collude with a former client to sue himself for the insurance money. I assume he's going to manipulate the waiver for an injury settlement for his community service.
Yep.
[Reply]
notorious 07:41 PM 05-25-2017
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Suspension of disbelief.
Yeah. Actors play imaginary characters on TV shows. Crazy stuff.
[Reply]
Rausch 11:29 AM 05-26-2017
Originally Posted by notorious:
Yeah. Actors play imaginary characters on TV shows. Crazy stuff.
:-)
[Reply]
Baby Lee 12:00 PM 06-06-2017
Another piece of the Saul Goodman puzzle.

Contrast the clients. The law-abiding business owners who try to gyp [jew?] him out of his commercials even after he comped them the first one, versus the drug dealer who pays cash even after his aims were achieved.
[Reply]
raybec 4 12:16 PM 06-06-2017
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Another piece of the Saul Goodman puzzle.

Contrast the clients. The law-abiding business owners who try to gyp [jew?] him out of his commercials even after he comped them the first one, versus the drug dealer who pays cash even after his aims were achieved.
Fuck the Sklar brothers
[Reply]
Baby Lee 12:19 PM 06-06-2017
Fuck the Sklar brothers
Can't even figure out a Burger King menu.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 12:23 PM 06-06-2017
**** the Sklar brothers
Love the Sklars, especially Cheap Seats.
[Reply]
eDave 12:26 PM 06-06-2017
The pill swap was pretty intense.

Jimmy is well on his way to becoming Saul.
[Reply]
Page 91 of 172
« First < 41818788899091 92939495101141 > Last »
Up