ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 140 of 172
« First < 4090130136137138139140 141142143144150 > Last »
Media Center>Better Call Saul
rico 11:01 PM 10-06-2013

As I am sure many of y'all already know, a spinoff of "Breaking Bad" titled "Better Call Saul" will be airing in 2014. This is going to be a prequel to Breaking Bad and will be based on the character of Saul Goodman from "Breaking Bad."

I, for one, will be watching. I'm sure the majority of all of you other "Breaking Bad" fans will be as well. Might as well get the discussion going sooner rather than later.

So... what are your hopes, expectations and/or concerns with the show? Here are some of mine:

Hopes: I hope to see Saul do his thing in the courtroom. I hope to see strong, unique supporting characters. I hope to see Breaking Bad foreshadowing. I hope he has an intriguing paralegal and/or assistant. I hope to see Breaking Bad characters such as Fring, Mike, etc...whoever. I hope the show kicks ass.

Expectations: I don't expect it to be as good as "Breaking Bad" (because nothing else is, really), but I expect it to be good since Vince Gilligan is writing. I somewhat expect it to have an even balance of comedy and drama...since Saul undeniably provides a substantial amount of comedic relief in "Breaking Bad." I expect to see "courtroom Saul." I expect the "Breaking Bad" references and character cameos to be less than what I hope. If it isn't even a fraction as good as "Breaking Bad," I expect it to be better than 95% of everything else on TV, since there is some shitty shit on TV these days.

Concerns: I'd be a liar if I were to say that I didn't think this show has potential of flopping and certainly failing to meet the presumed high expectations of the audience. Don't get me wrong, I think it will be good... but I think it COULD suck if not executed properly. My main concern is Saul ultimately proving himself to be a "little dab will do ya" type of character, which would lead to a show centered around his character not working out. I am hoping that the character of Saul will not be so over-used and constantly over the top, that he becomes annoying to me, thus ruining his character for me altogether... Not saying I think this will be how it goes down...just saying I think there is a CHANCE of this being the case, which prompts me to believe that a strong supporting cast is VITAL in terms of the amount of success/quality this show will accumulate. All in all, I don't think VG will steer us in an unfortunate direction though...I think they'll pull it off.

Thoughts?

DISCUS!!!!

[Reply]
Sure-Oz 07:44 PM 04-21-2020
Originally Posted by B_Ambuehl:
I think Mike will end up killing Lalo to defend Nacho. Somehow, someway, Mike gets involved in that. Nacho leaves like he's been wanting to do.

At this rate Kim either ends up dead or in prison & I'm gonna go with the latter. After Breaking Bad why would Jimmy go to a smalltown Cinnabon in nowhere Iowa when he's got all that money? He could go off to a south american country and be set. He's gotta be waiting around for something & my thesis is he's somehow still involved with her in some halfway distant capacity, maybe waiting for her to get out of prison & they both ride off into the sunset in some other country.

Guess we'll just have to wait and see.
So Kim totally was serious at the end? I hope we get the final season soon

I definitely hope Nacho survives.
[Reply]
Mama Hip Rockets 08:52 PM 04-21-2020
What a season. Can't wait to see how season 6 unfolds!
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:46 PM 04-21-2020
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:
So Kim totally was serious at the end? I hope we get the final season soon

I definitely hope Nacho survives.
maybe 2022?

As discussed before and nothing that’s occurred in this season changes that opinion. Kim can’t die by the gangs hands and then Saul/Jimmy just gets back in bed with them in BB. That would not make sense for his character.
[Reply]
notorious 09:58 PM 04-21-2020
Lalo is a fucking badass.

But, like Mike, it has to end eventually.
[Reply]
cosmo20002 11:09 PM 04-21-2020
Originally Posted by B_Ambuehl:
I think Mike will end up killing Lalo to defend Nacho. Somehow, someway, Mike gets involved in that. Nacho leaves like he's been wanting to do.

At this rate Kim either ends up dead or in prison & I'm gonna go with the latter. After Breaking Bad why would Jimmy go to a smalltown Cinnabon in nowhere Iowa when he's got all that money? He could go off to a south american country and be set. He's gotta be waiting around for something & my thesis is he's somehow still involved with her in some halfway distant capacity, maybe waiting for her to get out of prison & they both ride off into the sunset in some other country.

Guess we'll just have to wait and see.
Omaha is in Nebraska. 1M metro population. :-)
[Reply]
journeyscarab 10:35 AM 04-22-2020
According to the BCS Wiki, Kim was born in Red Cloud, Nebraska near the Nebraska/Kansas border. Saul/Jimmy is 3.5 hours away from her birthplace. Could there be a possibility she leave ABQ and hides out back in her hometown?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kim_Wexler
[Reply]
RunKC 10:57 AM 04-22-2020
I think Kim discovers too much about the cartel and gets scared so she leaves town thinking she’ll start a new life. That’s completely her way IMO. She has no problem fucking up her own situations and moving on without hesitation like we saw with her leaving two good law firms.

Not sure Saul will see her again though. That just doesn’t seem like Gilligan’s style. He’s more realistic than happy ending.
[Reply]
B_Ambuehl 12:19 PM 04-22-2020
Originally Posted by journeyscarab:
According to the BCS Wiki, Kim was born in Red Cloud, Nebraska near the Nebraska/Kansas border. Saul/Jimmy is 3.5 hours away from her birthplace. Could there be a possibility she leave ABQ and hides out back in her hometown?

Yeah that's what I was getting at but I got the wrong state. Nebraska not Iowa. Jimmys Omaha Cinnabon gig is awfully close to Kim's hometown. Too close to be coincidental IMO.
[Reply]
notorious 12:43 PM 04-22-2020
Will Kim leave him for not going all-in with her scheme? Or Saul leaves her for becoming a horrible person?

We all assume that Saul is the bad one, what if Kim ends up being far worse?
[Reply]
Chiefspants 12:49 PM 04-22-2020
It'd be interesting if Kim's plan goes South and Jimmy sells her out, causing her to be sent to prison.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 12:59 PM 04-22-2020
Originally Posted by notorious:
Will Kim leave him for not going all-in with her scheme? Or Saul leaves her for becoming a horrible person?

We all assume that Saul is the bad one, what if Kim ends up being far worse?
Intradasting questions. . . .

[Reply]
Jamie 01:12 PM 04-22-2020
Originally Posted by journeyscarab:

Through this season I've started to think she might be in Nebraska with him, or nearby. Maybe that's why he didn't run, he either didn't have enough to pay for two new identities, or he just didn't want to leave her. Also I think they might be setting up the idea that Kim and Jimmy are together through Breaking Bad, and the stuff Saul Goodman does is to bankroll Kim's pro bono firm.
[Reply]
KCUnited 01:18 PM 04-22-2020
The subtle coolness Nacho displayed with Lalo, on his advice even, was great. When Nacho goes inside for the hard stuff and lights the burner and Lalo is like 'thought you got lost in there'. Instead of lying, Nacho just doesn't say anything and sits back down. Best reaction to a maniac like Lalo who's impossible to read.
[Reply]
sedated 03:45 PM 04-22-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:
I think Kim discovers too much about the cartel and gets scared so she leaves town thinking she’ll start a new life.
So from finding out Jimmy/Saul was ambushed and almost executed being a bag man in the desert, to having a sociopath come to their front door with a gun in his belt, to having to hide out in a hotel (which she refused to "hide" and ended up going to work like it was no big deal)...and not only sticks with it but appears to be as all in as ever. And you think SHE is the one who gets scared off?
[Reply]
BigRedChief 04:14 PM 04-22-2020
I just don’t see Kim getting scared off. She’s a tough woman. She’s obviously a lot smarter so she could dream up bigger and more complex scams. But, if it’s against the gangs, same issue. Complicates the motives in BB.

The way out seems to be pushing Kim away. He’s already said I’m no good for you. For her own benefit, he pushes her out of his life is the only choice to explain his actions in BB with no Kim around in BB.
[Reply]
Page 140 of 172
« First < 4090130136137138139140 141142143144150 > Last »
Up