ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 137 of 172
« First < 3787127133134135136137 138139140141147 > Last »
Media Center>Better Call Saul
rico 11:01 PM 10-06-2013

As I am sure many of y'all already know, a spinoff of "Breaking Bad" titled "Better Call Saul" will be airing in 2014. This is going to be a prequel to Breaking Bad and will be based on the character of Saul Goodman from "Breaking Bad."

I, for one, will be watching. I'm sure the majority of all of you other "Breaking Bad" fans will be as well. Might as well get the discussion going sooner rather than later.

So... what are your hopes, expectations and/or concerns with the show? Here are some of mine:

Hopes: I hope to see Saul do his thing in the courtroom. I hope to see strong, unique supporting characters. I hope to see Breaking Bad foreshadowing. I hope he has an intriguing paralegal and/or assistant. I hope to see Breaking Bad characters such as Fring, Mike, etc...whoever. I hope the show kicks ass.

Expectations: I don't expect it to be as good as "Breaking Bad" (because nothing else is, really), but I expect it to be good since Vince Gilligan is writing. I somewhat expect it to have an even balance of comedy and drama...since Saul undeniably provides a substantial amount of comedic relief in "Breaking Bad." I expect to see "courtroom Saul." I expect the "Breaking Bad" references and character cameos to be less than what I hope. If it isn't even a fraction as good as "Breaking Bad," I expect it to be better than 95% of everything else on TV, since there is some shitty shit on TV these days.

Concerns: I'd be a liar if I were to say that I didn't think this show has potential of flopping and certainly failing to meet the presumed high expectations of the audience. Don't get me wrong, I think it will be good... but I think it COULD suck if not executed properly. My main concern is Saul ultimately proving himself to be a "little dab will do ya" type of character, which would lead to a show centered around his character not working out. I am hoping that the character of Saul will not be so over-used and constantly over the top, that he becomes annoying to me, thus ruining his character for me altogether... Not saying I think this will be how it goes down...just saying I think there is a CHANCE of this being the case, which prompts me to believe that a strong supporting cast is VITAL in terms of the amount of success/quality this show will accumulate. All in all, I don't think VG will steer us in an unfortunate direction though...I think they'll pull it off.

Thoughts?

DISCUS!!!!

[Reply]
chiefswillriseup 08:35 PM 04-13-2020
Omg...that last 10 min was intense
[Reply]
stumppy 08:38 PM 04-13-2020
Originally Posted by chiefswillriseup:
Holy shit! I'm going to need a damn valium just so I can go to sleep tonight.

Damnit, I can't believe the season finale is next week.

I wonder how many years it will be until the next season.
[Reply]
sedated 08:38 PM 04-13-2020
Lalo might have taken over Nacho as my favorite non-BB character. Perfect mix of charisma and scariness
[Reply]
Baby Lee 09:26 PM 04-13-2020
Was that our good friend Ptolemy with the ADA at the bail bond office?

Only got a glimpse, but facial structure resonated.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 11:33 PM 04-13-2020

[Reply]
Mama Hip Rockets 11:52 AM 04-14-2020
My wife kept grabbing me and saying, "Is Kim gonna die? ... Wait? ... Is Lalo gonna die?"
[Reply]
journeyscarab 03:18 PM 04-14-2020
Originally Posted by Mama Hip Rockets:
My wife kept grabbing me and saying, "Is Kim gonna die? ... Wait? ... Is Lalo gonna die?"
I wondered if it was going to be a 1 for 1 trade off. Lalo kills Kim and then Mike kills Lalo.

The most intense 10 minutes I have ever experienced in a show.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 03:24 PM 04-14-2020
In the back of my mind I kept telling myself that Lalo had to survive (Saul’s line in BB “did Lalo send you?!” Oh God! I am a friend of the cartel”) indicates he survived - but I started questioning that by the end.

Kim Wexler is amazing. Unsure if she has an equivalent in BB. Always felt Nacho was the Jesse Pinkman of the story.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 04:33 PM 04-14-2020
Amazing tv...wow it was tense and nerve racking.
[Reply]
notorious 09:44 PM 04-14-2020
Very good episode.

Lalo is PISSED that Hector is in living hell.
[Reply]
TinyEvel 10:44 AM 04-15-2020
Hey I suddenly realized something watching Monday's episode last night.

How did Mike get out to his position in the desert? Obviously he didn't drive because they would have driven out of there.
[Reply]
L.A. Chieffan 10:48 AM 04-15-2020
Originally Posted by TinyEvel:
Hey I suddenly realized something watching Monday's episode last night.

How did Mike get out to his position in the desert? Obviously he didn't drive because they would have driven out of there.
They show his truck got shot up so they couldn't use it.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 11:12 AM 04-15-2020
Originally Posted by notorious:
Very good episode.

Lalo is PISSED that Hector is in living hell.
Margolis made an effing MEAL of how silly he looked in that wheelchair with a birthday hat on. . . .

One of the funnier images of the series.
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:27 PM 04-15-2020
This shit is so good. I legit had no idea what was going to happen.

As if we needed a reminder, Rhea Seahorn is fucking gorgeous.
[Reply]
RunKC 04-15-2020, 10:19 PM
This message has been deleted by RunKC.
RunKC 10:21 PM 04-15-2020

[Reply]
Page 137 of 172
« First < 3787127133134135136137 138139140141147 > Last »
Up