ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Media Center>Joel Schumacher dead at 80
srvy 02:23 PM 06-23-2020
Little surprised it wasnt posted yesterday. I was a fan of Falling Down and Lost Boys. Maybe the Batman fans hated him for his 2 crappy Batman movies. Anyway RIP.

https://variety.com/2020/film/news/j...or-1234644961/
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 02:40 PM 06-23-2020
He was up and down. But he made some solid stuff overall.

Falling Down is an all timer and pretty relevant still today.
[Reply]
Frazod 09:02 PM 06-23-2020
Batman and Robin is perhaps the second worst movie I've ever seen at the theater. Good God it was horrific. Only Dune outstunk it. I saw it in Staten Island when I was visiting friends. After it ended, the theater was dead silent. I stood up and yelled "That sucked!" and everybody cheered. :-)

However, I really enjoyed some of his stuff, particularly Lost Boys, Falling Down and Phantom of the Opera. Flatliners was pretty good as well.

Anyway, RIP. Can't win 'em all.
[Reply]
Rasputin 09:12 PM 06-23-2020
Now who is going make shoes?
[Reply]
sully1983 10:22 PM 06-23-2020
Tigerland was great. RIP man
[Reply]
scho63 11:46 PM 06-23-2020
Joel Schumacher career is very typical of a producer:

He uses his imagination and determination to write and produce great movies, becomes successful and once the money starts coming in the pressure goes from quality to quantity and the quality goes down or way down.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 10:24 AM 06-24-2020
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Batman and Robin is perhaps the second worst movie I've ever seen at the theater. Good God it was horrific. Only Dune outstunk it. I saw it in Staten Island when I was visiting friends. After it ended, the theater was dead silent. I stood up and yelled "That sucked!" and everybody cheered. :-)

However, I really enjoyed some of his stuff, particularly Lost Boys, Falling Down and Phantom of the Opera. Flatliners was pretty good as well.

Anyway, RIP. Can't win 'em all.
A buddy was home on leave and we went to see Batman and Robin at the theater. Such a colossally terrible movie.

I haven't tried to watch it again it was so bad.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 02:31 AM 06-28-2020
His crowning achievement will always be DC Cab.

"Hey, Bruce Lee ain't dead, you know? They got him frozen in carbonite down under Chatsworth and they're gonna melt him down as soon as the economy gets better."

[Reply]
Up