ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 56 of 56
« First < 6465253545556
Media Center>Soprano's Season 6 discussion.........
Kylo Ren 02:35 PM 02-02-2006
My wife and I are excited about the upcoming season of Sopranos. We've been waiting for about 2 years for this next season. This show is addictive.

Originally, I missed the first few episodes of season one. I've never seen them. But HBO has been showing all of the Sopranos episodes in order lately. I started watching every episode, starting with season one, episode one about a month and a half ago. It's been great. I watch it every weekday night at 7pm. I'm picking up allot of stuff that I missed the first time around. Also, seeing the entire series from the beginning, in order, episode after episode is really making things more clear. There were some things that I was foggy about. There's such a long offseason between seasons that you can forget important details sometimes. The timing will be just right. I should finish the final episode just prior to March when the new season starts. I can't wait.

Discuss.......

After reading another Soprano's thread, the topic of SPOILERS came up. So I thought there should be some RULES about spoilers for this thread.

I would say that one should read and post at your own risk. We will bump this thread to the top after each episode and have a discussion of that episode. I don't know how you can have a discussion without revealing spoilers. I don't even know why they'd be considered spoilers if the episode has already aired and most of America has seen it. So, if you want to post a "spoiler warning" in your post, that's fine. But if you don't, no one should complain. If you haven't see the current episode, you should not read this thread until you have.

With that said, if you have some inside information about an upcoming episode that would be a spoiler, you SHOULD NOT post that on this thread. I can't imagine that happening, because the Soprano's producers gaurd their secrets like Fort Knox. But, if you know something about an upcoming episode, keep it to yourself until after the episode airs. This is really common sense stuff, but I thought it should be spelled out just to keep arguments to a minimum.
[Reply]
Easy 6 07:13 PM 11-12-2021
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
He wanted it to be did he die or did he not. He deserves every bit of grief that comes his way. He didn’t need to show Tony’s brains all over Camella and the kids to show that Tony was dead or he wasn’t dead.
It was definitely a cop out but you always see that with popular series finales... by the time they get to the end, the pressure to perfectly sum it all up proves to be too much and they punt

Sopranos, GoT, Walking Dead, SoA, Dark Knight Rises just to name a few, come to mind

Chase just hoped the logical conclusion would be satisfactory

It wasn't, but hey at least I was entertained
[Reply]
Mennonite 07:15 PM 11-12-2021
I really do think it was a power play to pressure the studio to make a movie.
[Reply]
Easy 6 07:41 PM 11-12-2021
Originally Posted by Mennonite:
I really do think it was a power play to pressure the studio to make a movie.
Very well could be, damn what a shame about Gandolfini... could've been one helluva movie with him in it

His death at 51 actually inspired me to get on blood pressure meds recently, thats just way too young, was so blown away he died that early
[Reply]
Baby Lee 12:59 AM 11-13-2021
I have never ever understood the demand for a more explicit resolution, or any proclamation that anything 'definitely' happened.

The ending was perfect for my tastes. The entire show was about a mob boss in the suburbs with anxiety. It started with his having a panic attack in his backyard pool because he saw some ducks. It didn't give us a preamble or exposition. It just plopped us down in his life to learn it's complexity over time.

That ending put us in his frame of mind. It's the culmination of everything Chase was trying to express with the character. Everywhere he goes, no matter how he distracts himself. No matter how he tries to focus on the moment and his biological family, there's a constant threat out there of it all going to black in an instant.

Watch it again and make the argument that the last 5 minutes of the show doesn't sum up the Anthony Soprano we'd come to know.
[Reply]
Otter 04:08 AM 11-13-2021
If you didn't understand that Tony was dead simply watch the "Members Only" episode. Pay special attention to the title and the conversation between Tony and Bobby Bacala while in the boat then watch the ending diner scene and pay attention to the attire of the shooter.

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Page 56 of 56
« First < 6465253545556
Up