ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 5
< 12345
Nzoner's Game Room>Utah RB Zack Moss details formal meeting with Chiefs
Tribal Warfare 09:26 PM 02-26-2020
https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2020...interview/amp/

Utah’s Zack Moss is widely considered among the top running backs in the 2020 NFL draft class, and he’s out to prove it at the NFL Scouting Combine. He’s been compared to great players like former Seahawks RB Marshawn Lynch and even models his game after him. This past season Moss became one of the most prolific rushers in Utah history. He now holds career records for carries (712) rushing yards (4,167), 100-yard rushing games (18), rushing touchdowns (38) and total touchdowns (41).

Moss met with the Kansas City Chiefs for a formal meeting on Tuesday night, where he positioned himself to become the next explosive weapon added to one of the NFL’s most fearsome offenses.

“It was really good,” Moss said of his interview. “I was able to meet head coach Andy Reid, all of their offensive coaches, the RB coach and offensive coordinator. We talked some football and I just picked their brains and they picked mine.”

There’s no hangover from Super Bowl LIV for the Chiefs’ front office and coaching staff. Moss learned a few things about the franchise and their approach to the combine during his interview with the team.

“They’re business first,” Moss told Chiefs Wire. “They’re down to the nitty-gritty, from every single detail. When you come in there you have to be prepared to go — you feel like it’s a hostile environment.”

Moss felt that he left a positive impression on the Chiefs’ coaching staff following the formal interview. It sounded like the type of impression that could make him an option for Kansas City come April’s draft.

“I feel like they learned that I’m going to be a knowledgeable guy,” Moss said. “That I’m more than just a run-between-the-tackles [type of player] and that I can adapt to any offense.”

Moss describes himself as a versatile player, one that teams will never have to take off the field. He feels comfortable catching, blocking, and in short-yardage situations. He’s faced adversity in college football, suffering a knee injury in 2018, but he bounced back from it. It’s given him an added layer of confidence throughout this process.

One thing that added confidence in his interview with the Chiefs was familiarity with a member of their staff. Chiefs defensive quality control coach Alex Whittingham played with Moss at Utah. Moss says they’ve kept in touch since Wittingham graduated and joined the Chiefs’ coaching staff.

“I’ve talked to Alex, two or three times in the past couple of months,” Moss said. “I shot him a text message saying ‘Congratulations on the Super Bowl’ and things like that. I was able to see him a little bit earlier [before the Super Bowl] last year.”
[Reply]
Red Dawg 07:47 PM 03-01-2020
Williams has turned into a stud and coming from me that's high praise as I've bashed on him a lot. We need guards not rb.
[Reply]
Ubeja Vontell 08:08 PM 03-01-2020
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
Williams has turned into a stud and coming from me that's high praise as I've bashed on him a lot. We need guards not rb.
CO SIGN~~~~~~
[Reply]
Bump 08:09 PM 03-01-2020
picking a running back early went from "OMG FUCK NO" to "why not if we could use one?"

That's the benefit of having a Superbowl championship team, you can be more particular according to your needs in the early rounds of the draft to fill a more competitive roster.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 10:26 PM 03-01-2020
Originally Posted by Bump:
picking a running back early went from "OMG FUCK NO" to "why not if we could use one?"

That's the benefit of having a Superbowl championship team, you can be more particular according to your needs in the early rounds of the draft to fill a more competitive roster.

If Alex was the QB, I'd definitely would be pissed if KC selected a RB.

With Mahomes, he's the goddamn Golden Goose the Chiefs need to protect him by any means which includes a good running game with the RBs holding their own in pass protection Pass pro is why Veach favors big running backs.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 11:21 PM 03-01-2020
After watching the combine these past few days we'll be perfectly fine at 32 if not trading back to pick up a couple of more picks because this draft is definitely deep. But if AJ Terrell is there at 32 I say we snag him.:-)
[Reply]
Bump 11:28 PM 03-01-2020
so did we draft this piece of shit yet?
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 03:37 AM 03-02-2020
Originally Posted by Coogs:
"you feel like it’s a hostile environment.”

Probably not going to score big points with that comment.
While he made that statement in a conversation that started with discussing his meeting with the Chiefs, I think he may have meant that as a general statement about what it's like meeting privately with any team, because I am sure he has had other private meetings. At least that's how I took it when he said it

After watching his highlight videos, I went back at looked at some Kareem Hunt college and NFL highlights, for comparison, and it just makes me sick. I don't know if Hunt will ever be even half of what he was in Kansas City, but damn if that dude wasn't special in Andy Reid's offense.

I am not saying he is Barry Sanders, because I don't think anyone will ever be Barry Sanders again, but Hunt had the best hips I have seen since Sanders. And because his hips were so fluid, his balance was probably in the top 2 or 3 since Sanders. And Reid used him perfectly. My God he was a versatile, explosive offensive weapon.

And he threw away his career (probably) because he couldn't admit he has a problem with alcohol, and he felt like he needed to lie about the stupid shit he did while drunk.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Page 5 of 5
< 12345
Up