ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 5
< 1234 5 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Utah RB Zack Moss details formal meeting with Chiefs
Tribal Warfare 09:26 PM 02-26-2020
https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2020...interview/amp/

Utah’s Zack Moss is widely considered among the top running backs in the 2020 NFL draft class, and he’s out to prove it at the NFL Scouting Combine. He’s been compared to great players like former Seahawks RB Marshawn Lynch and even models his game after him. This past season Moss became one of the most prolific rushers in Utah history. He now holds career records for carries (712) rushing yards (4,167), 100-yard rushing games (18), rushing touchdowns (38) and total touchdowns (41).

Moss met with the Kansas City Chiefs for a formal meeting on Tuesday night, where he positioned himself to become the next explosive weapon added to one of the NFL’s most fearsome offenses.

“It was really good,” Moss said of his interview. “I was able to meet head coach Andy Reid, all of their offensive coaches, the RB coach and offensive coordinator. We talked some football and I just picked their brains and they picked mine.”

There’s no hangover from Super Bowl LIV for the Chiefs’ front office and coaching staff. Moss learned a few things about the franchise and their approach to the combine during his interview with the team.

“They’re business first,” Moss told Chiefs Wire. “They’re down to the nitty-gritty, from every single detail. When you come in there you have to be prepared to go — you feel like it’s a hostile environment.”

Moss felt that he left a positive impression on the Chiefs’ coaching staff following the formal interview. It sounded like the type of impression that could make him an option for Kansas City come April’s draft.

“I feel like they learned that I’m going to be a knowledgeable guy,” Moss said. “That I’m more than just a run-between-the-tackles [type of player] and that I can adapt to any offense.”

Moss describes himself as a versatile player, one that teams will never have to take off the field. He feels comfortable catching, blocking, and in short-yardage situations. He’s faced adversity in college football, suffering a knee injury in 2018, but he bounced back from it. It’s given him an added layer of confidence throughout this process.

One thing that added confidence in his interview with the Chiefs was familiarity with a member of their staff. Chiefs defensive quality control coach Alex Whittingham played with Moss at Utah. Moss says they’ve kept in touch since Wittingham graduated and joined the Chiefs’ coaching staff.

“I’ve talked to Alex, two or three times in the past couple of months,” Moss said. “I shot him a text message saying ‘Congratulations on the Super Bowl’ and things like that. I was able to see him a little bit earlier [before the Super Bowl] last year.”
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 10:06 PM 02-27-2020
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
And you think Andy wouldn't want another weapon for HIS offense? :-)
Who said anything about not wanting another weapon for the offense. I'm just responding to the "testing of resolve for Veach" comment. AR calls the shots of who and when they are picked. Veach does the heavy lifting research for AR PERIOD.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 10:09 PM 02-27-2020
Originally Posted by Chiefshrink:
Who said anything about not wanting another weapon for the offense. I'm just responding to the "testing of resolve for Veach" comment. AR calls the shots of who and when they are picked. Veach does the heavy lifting research for AR PERIOD.
Wow!!..everyone celebrate...we've got a member of the Chiefs front office on the forum!!!..thanks for sharing the info :-)
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 06:09 AM 03-01-2020

Running back Zack Moss, who has met with the #Chiefs, pushed through a hamstring injury and ran through Combine skills anyway. https://t.co/cKznU2HtZb

— Arrowhead Addict (@ArrowheadAddict) March 1, 2020

[Reply]
O.city 08:39 AM 03-01-2020
This is why I wouldn’t take a rb at 32

A guy like this in the 3rd or 4th will end up being really good. Take one there
[Reply]
BlackOp 11:55 AM 03-01-2020
RB is the biggest "bang for your buck"...most tangible impact player you can get as a rookie. Considering they usually touch the ball around 20-25 times a game.

The NFL has undervalued them for years...it's a strange phenomenon.

Hell, SB MVP "should" have been shared with Williams.

Henry was arguably a co-offensive NFL MVP....

K.Hunt had almost 1800 total yards in his first season...11 TDs.

Any player after around #15 is a crap shoot....Chiefs defense had 3 former 1st rounders. Claiborne, Suggs and Ragland. KC's offense..Mahomes, Fisher, and Watkins...That's it. Two players they actually drafted...

I'm perfectly fine with KC drafting a blue-chip RB at 32...I dont give a shit about draft capital...it's who makes the Chiefs noticeably better.

Could they unearth a gem in the later rounds...sure...but they could also have their pick of the top RBs for their scheme at #32.

Nobody will care when he is killing people, late in games.
[Reply]
MahiMike 12:01 PM 03-01-2020
4th round right?
[Reply]
DrRyan 01:00 PM 03-01-2020
I can see the KH comparisons for running style. Looks to be very physical finishing runs and has good vision. That said I would much prefer Cam Akers over him in Andy's offense. He is much more explosive and appears to be a much better pass catcher.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 01:24 PM 03-01-2020
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
RB is the biggest "bang for your buck"...most tangible impact player you can get as a rookie. Considering they usually touch the ball around 20-25 times a game.

The NFL has undervalued them for years...it's a strange phenomenon.

Hell, SB MVP "should" have been shared with Williams.

Henry was arguably a co-offensive NFL MVP....

K.Hunt had almost 1800 total yards in his first season...11 TDs.

Any player after around #15 is a crap shoot....Chiefs defense had 3 former 1st rounders. Claiborne, Suggs and Ragland. KC's offense..Mahomes, Fisher, and Watkins...That's it. Two players they actually drafted...

I'm perfectly fine with KC drafting a blue-chip RB at 32...I dont give a shit about draft capital...it's who makes the Chiefs noticeably better.

Could they unearth a gem in the later rounds...sure...but they could also have their pick of the top RBs for their scheme at #32.

Nobody will care when he is killing people, late in games.
Where was Williams drafted?
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 01:26 PM 03-01-2020
Raiders used pick #24 on Josh Jacobs and that seems to have worked out pretty well so far. McCaffrey at #8 has worked out pretty well so far. Barkley, etc etc etc.I wouldn't hesitate to use #32 on a RB if he were the BPA. One of the few positions where a good rookie makes an almost immediate impact on your team.

Sure Williams had a good season and an outstanding post-season, but you're one injury away from a RB rotation of Darrel Williams and Darwin Thompson. Our offense with another stud in the backfield would be scary, and it would keep Damien Williams from getting run into the ground.
[Reply]
BlackOp 02:53 PM 03-01-2020
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Where was Williams drafted?
You CAN find RBs later in the draft...but Williams isn't an all-pro level player. Teams arent game planning to stop him...I'd say he benefits from the scheme more than making plays on his own.

Some on here suggested KC would have gone to the SB last season is Hunt was still on the team...and they might have.

NFL.com re-drafted Hunt in the top 15.

There is a good chance the Chiefs will have their choice of the 1st RB off the board...its a good spot to draft one. They get an extra year of cheap labor...

Either way, they need to upgrade the position...having a legit weapon out of the backfield would be tough to stop.
[Reply]
ForeverIowan 03:07 PM 03-01-2020
If IF both Jones and Watkins are traded and/or cut (Watkins) grab the Raiders 12th or Colts 13th for Jones and draft Ruggs III. With your 32nd grab Swift/Dobbins/Taylor. Sit back and watch the rest of the league cry and pile up SB rings. With all the cap savings and rest of the draft capital build back up the defense.
[Reply]
BlackOp 03:13 PM 03-01-2020
Originally Posted by ForeverIowan:
If IF both Jones and Watkins are traded and/or cut (Watkins) grab the Raiders 12th or Colts 13th for Jones and draft Ruggs III. With your 32nd grab Swift/Dobbins/Taylor. Sit back and watch the rest of the league cry and pile up SB rings. With all the cap savings and rest of the draft capital build back up the defense.
Jones is too good...he's going to be a Chief for a while.

Watkins production doesn't match his price tag...

Shame Charles never got to play with PM...he would be a lock for the HoF with a ring or two.
[Reply]
mszymko 03:18 PM 03-01-2020
What round will he go in?
[Reply]
RustShack 07:43 PM 03-01-2020
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Talent pool in comparison slotted picks. For years it was 28 team in the 1st round, and after that started the 2nd round.
I mean it depends on the year. First round talent commonly slips to round two as well.
[Reply]
RustShack 07:46 PM 03-01-2020
If a RB is the best player available then take him. Ideally a CB or LB would be there, but take the best CB/OL/LB/RB/and so on on your board.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 5
< 1234 5 >
Up