ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 13
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Sleep apnea
tatorhog 02:14 PM 02-24-2020
Does anybody have this? My doc is telling me I have it, and I need to go get a sleep study done. Apparently my spo2 number takes a LOT of dips with some pretty severe ones mixed in. So I thought I would ask here to see if anybody has this and if they have any advice or insight. He told me to anticipate a CPAP after I see the pulmonologist, but that's still a ways off before I can get in there.

I tried antifreeze, but that just turned my tongue a greenish color.
[Reply]
tatorhog 04:14 PM 02-24-2020
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Mirroring lots of things expressed in the thread. Anybody can get sleep apnea. My Air Force buddy, who is and has always been in excellent shape, has it. He had a surgical procedure done because he couldn't deal with the CPAP machine; some people just can't.

I've had one for years and never had an issue with it. The only thing that sucks is if you lose power while you're wearing one, at which point your trusty air giving mask turns into the face hugger from Alien. That shit will wake you up faster than a bucket of ice water. And I can't sleep worth a crap without it now.

One thing about the sleep study - make sure room conditions are optimal for you to actually be able to sleep. I had to have two - the first time the room was hotter than the devil's ass and dry as a bone. I barely slept at all and had to retake the test. Didn't help that I have always slept with a fan and they didn't have one available. Your comfort should be a priority, and if they balk at that, have your study done elsewhere.

Good luck. You'll feel much better once you deal with it.

Also, I got SoClean cleaner for my machine, and I highly recommend it.
I travel off/on with work, so I just assumed the sleep study night would be like the shitty first night at a hotel. I have a consultation scheduled with them before the actual test, so I'll definitely ask them about room conditions, etc.

I hadn't really thought about what one would do when power goes out. I probably just assumed you filled them with C or D batteries and that would carry one for a while.

Good to know on the SoClean. I'll look into that when the time comes.
[Reply]
Frazod 04:16 PM 02-24-2020
Originally Posted by tatorhog:
I travel off/on with work, so I just assumed the sleep study night would be like the shitty first night at a hotel. I have a consultation scheduled with them before the actual test, so I'll definitely ask them about room conditions, etc.

I hadn't really thought about what one would do when power goes out. I probably just assumed you filled them with C or D batteries and that would carry one for a while.

Good to know on the SoClean. I'll look into that when the time comes.
Granted, mine is an older model, but there's no battery backup option. Luckily where I live our power lines are underground. I can count on one hand the number of times we've lost power in 19 years.

If you have an HSA account, you can use it buy the SoClean and the supplies you'll need for it.
[Reply]
tatorhog 04:17 PM 02-24-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
you can get a ozone generator off Amazon for $50. Weighs about 1lb. USB recharging. Run it once a week. Kills 99.99% of germs. Don’t be using brushes and water in the tubes . Connect the hose/mask push a button. Piece of cake.

CPAP Cleaner Portable Cleaning Machine Tubes Masks Clean with Cleaning Bag and Universal Adapter Fit with Heated Hose Airmini - Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07SW3FRG5..._8LevEb32SMHA7
good info, thank you
[Reply]
tatorhog 04:21 PM 02-24-2020
Granted, mine is an older model, but there's no battery backup option. Luckily where I live our power lines are underground. I can count on one hand the number of times we've lost power in 19 years.

If you have an HSA account, you can use it buy the SoClean and the supplies you'll need for it.
I live outside of a small town, and power seems to flicker every time a squirrel farts. Maybe not that bad, but I'd say we'll get a couple hours worth of outage every month or so if you averaged out the year.
[Reply]
Frazod 04:47 PM 02-24-2020
I live outside of a small town, and power seems to flicker every time a squirrel farts. Maybe not that bad, but I'd say we'll get a couple hours worth of outage every month or so if you averaged out the year.
Well, that's going to be a problem, then. You should look into one that has a battery backup, assuming they exist, or get some sort of generator that will kick in.
[Reply]
tatorhog 04:54 PM 02-24-2020
Well, that's going to be a problem, then. You should look into one that has a battery backup, assuming they exist, or get some sort of generator that will kick in.
Might see if I can find one of those old generating exercise bikes, and put the old lady on it. lol
[Reply]
Frazod 04:59 PM 02-24-2020
Might see if I can find one of those old generating exercise bikes, and put the old lady on it. lol
:-) Yeah, good luck with that.
[Reply]
Frazod 05:01 PM 02-24-2020
Made me curious, so I checked. Yes, there is a dedicated battery backup you can get. I might pick one of these up myself.

https://www.cpap.com/productpage/por...hoCmpgQAvD_BwE
[Reply]
Chiefs4TheWin 05:13 PM 02-24-2020
I walked out in the timber the other day and found some HIV saplings, but even if I transplanted them, I'm not sure how long it would take to mature into a full blown aids tree.

That's why I went the Dr route with this one after the failed antifreeze run.
Ahh yeah that makes sense. With all the pesticides they spray on everything it could slow the process heavily.

Try the doctor first (and in all seriousness get a 2 way cpap if you require one. friend of mine has the one way and it drives him nuts.), and if he fails I'd try some more anti freeze just to be safe.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 05:25 PM 02-24-2020

most of the new models either come with a battery backup or you can buy as an add on. Usually 8-12 hours on a single charge. Recharge in an hour through usb also.
[Reply]
chefs fan in omaha 05:41 PM 02-24-2020
Does anybody have this? My doc is telling me I have it, and I need to go get a sleep study done. Apparently my spo2 number takes a LOT of dips with some pretty severe ones mixed in. So I thought I would ask here to see if anybody has this and if they have any advice or insight. He told me to anticipate a CPAP after I see the pulmonologist, but that's still a ways off before I can get in there.

I tried antifreeze, but that just turned my tongue a greenish color.
I’ve yet to hear of a person who does the sleep study that doesn’t have sleep apnea.
[Reply]
Bob Dole 05:57 PM 02-24-2020
I stop breathing multiple times per hour, some times as long as 4 minutes. Lost my CPAP when my house burned and no way to replace it yet. If you really have it and can afford the equipment, it's a life changer.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:13 PM 02-24-2020
Originally Posted by chefs fan in omaha:
I’ve yet to hear of a person who does the sleep study that doesn’t have sleep apnea.
I was a Registered Respiratory Therapist for 9 years. The last few I performed and scored sleep studies. I’ve never even heard of a sleep study that didn’t find sleep apnea. You have been snoring and or quit breathing for quite a while before someone pushed you to go get checked out.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:21 PM 02-24-2020
Originally Posted by Bob Dole:
I stop breathing multiple times per hour, some times as long as 4 minutes. Lost my CPAP when my house burned and no way to replace it yet. If you really have it and can afford the equipment, it's a life changer.
you can get one on cpap.com for $200. Just get a note from a doctor saying you have sleep apnea. Your all set.
[Reply]
tatorhog 07:10 PM 02-24-2020
Made me curious, so I checked. Yes, there is a dedicated battery backup you can get. I might pick one of these up myself.

https://www.cpap.com/productpage/por...hoCmpgQAvD_BwE
Seems pricey for what it is, but maybe it works well?
[Reply]
Page 5 of 13
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Up