ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 13
1 234511 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Sleep apnea
tatorhog 02:14 PM 02-24-2020
Does anybody have this? My doc is telling me I have it, and I need to go get a sleep study done. Apparently my spo2 number takes a LOT of dips with some pretty severe ones mixed in. So I thought I would ask here to see if anybody has this and if they have any advice or insight. He told me to anticipate a CPAP after I see the pulmonologist, but that's still a ways off before I can get in there.

I tried antifreeze, but that just turned my tongue a greenish color.
[Reply]
Chiefs4TheWin 02:16 PM 02-24-2020
Try to get an aids tree next to your bed. Helps clear up the air.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 02:20 PM 02-24-2020
There are a few threads here about it.

Advice--DO WHATEVER IT TAKES!!!!!!!!!!

I stopped breathing 12 times an hour. Now down to 1-2 ave with my CPAP.

Headaches went away. Rarely if ever take Excedrin migraine where I used to take it 3-4 times a week.

Acid reflux all but gone (from snoring too much).

Not tired an hour after waking. Other internal things are better.

Well worth the time.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 02:20 PM 02-24-2020
https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/show...ighlight=apnea
[Reply]
tatorhog 02:21 PM 02-24-2020
Originally Posted by Chiefs4TheWin:
Try to get an aids tree next to your bed. Helps clear up the air.
I walked out in the timber the other day and found some HIV saplings, but even if I transplanted them, I'm not sure how long it would take to mature into a full blown aids tree.

That's why I went the Dr route with this one after the failed antifreeze run.
[Reply]
tatorhog 02:23 PM 02-24-2020
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
There are a few threads here about it.

Advice--DO WHATEVER IT TAKES!!!!!!!!!!

I stopped breathing 12 times an hour. Now down to 1-2 ave with my CPAP.

Headaches went away. Rarely if ever take Excedrin migraine where I used to take it 3-4 times a week.

Acid reflux all but gone (from snoring too much).

Not tired an hour after waking. Other internal things are better.

Well worth the time.
Do you remember what your spo2 dipped down to?

And thanks for the link. I should have just searched from the get go, but I didn't remember there being a thread on it. I guess memory loss really is a side effect.
[Reply]
Monticore 02:27 PM 02-24-2020
You should start by setting up a camera to watch you while you sleep just to make sure it is not being caused by a CP member t-bagging you, if by chance it is not I would try and getting your sleep test and cpap ASAP, you will feel better and reduce the chance of death.

Monti
[Reply]
ptlyon 02:30 PM 02-24-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
You should start by setting up a camera to watch you while you sleep just to make sure it is not being caused by a CP member t-bagging you, if by chance it is not I would try and getting your sleep test and cpap ASAP, you will feel better and reduce the chance of death.

Monti
Dammit. Cover blown.
[Reply]
tatorhog 02:33 PM 02-24-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:

Monti
The old lady and I make so many movies together and we've left the cameras rolling mistakenly enough times that we surely would have caught someone at sometime tea bagging. However there are probably some ninja-like teabaggers on here.

I did the at-home sleep test, well, it was just an overnight oximeter and pulse monitor. It told enough of a story to alarm my doc. I already had an appt set with a pulmo, but its not for another 4 or 5 weeks.

have you tried the mouthguard thing? Do any of them work, or help out? I'm kind of curious to try one in the short term before I actually get to talk to the expert.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 02:37 PM 02-24-2020
CPAP isn’t bad.
[Reply]
ptlyon 02:37 PM 02-24-2020
If you do that type of video taping I'm sure you already have it mouth guard
[Reply]
tatorhog 02:40 PM 02-24-2020
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
If you do that type of video taping I'm sure you already have it mouth guard
The ball gag just makes breathing harder.
[Reply]
BWillie 02:42 PM 02-24-2020
Isn't all sleep apnea is about is sleeping on your back and having a double chin?
[Reply]
Frosty 02:44 PM 02-24-2020
I didn't think I would ever be able to sleep with something strapped to my face. I really struggled with masks, too. They frequently leaked and blew air into my eyes. I would sleep for a couple of hours and pull the mask off during the night.

I finally found a mask that worked for me (a nasal pillow) and it makes a huge difference. Plus, the wife is happier because I don't snore when I keep it on. So my main advice is to keep trying masks 'til you get one that works for you instead of just assuming that you can't sleep with a mask on.

Also, if you settle on a nasal pillow (you have to be able to sleep with your mouth closed or they don't work), use some lanolin cream (sold as nipple cream in the baby aisle) on your nostrils to make a better seal and keep them from getting raw. I've also started using a little vasoline because the air blowing out of the mask was reflecting off my pillow back into my face and was making my lips chapped.
[Reply]
Monticore 02:44 PM 02-24-2020
Originally Posted by tatorhog:
The old lady and I make so many movies together and we've left the cameras rolling mistakenly enough times that we surely would have caught someone at sometime tea bagging. However there are probably some ninja-like teabaggers on here.

I did the at-home sleep test, well, it was just an overnight oximeter and pulse monitor. It told enough of a story to alarm my doc. I already had an appt set with a pulmo, but its not for another 4 or 5 weeks.

have you tried the mouthguard thing? Do any of them work, or help out? I'm kind of curious to try one in the short term before I actually get to talk to the expert.
I don't know about the mouth guard but I don't think it is something recommended by Doctors, CPAP is the gold standard, I don't use one but have friends that do and they have all felt better, just make sure it has a humidifier heard dry mouth is an issue. My wife had a former student die from sleep apnea its is dangerous.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 13
1 234511 > Last »
Up