ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 22 of 45
« First < 121819202122 2324252632 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2020 NFL Combine Thread***
RunKC 09:20 AM 02-24-2020
It’s that time again. Post any news, rumors and prospect info.

2020 On-Field Workout Schedule
•Thursday, Feb 27. 4-11PM ET. TE, QB, WR. Tight ends, quarterbacks and wide receivers take the field for the first day of on-field workouts
•Friday, Feb 28. 4-11PM ET. PK, ST, OL, RB
•Saturday, Feb 29. 4-11PM ET. DL, LB
•Sunday, Mar 1. 2-7PM ET. DB.

Measurements are beginning now. Mods feel free please post the twitter feed in the OP
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 03:01 PM 02-26-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
We’re not going to to turn into the Seahawks when we have the best GM in the business and continue to draft well.
I agree and would like to keep Jones. However, if someone gave us a couple of premium picks, I think Veach has to think pretty hard about it.

I love Sammy, but he's not worth that number. We need a younger, cheaper version of Debbo Samuel, not the older, more-broke down version.
[Reply]
Mecca 03:04 PM 02-26-2020
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
I agree and would like to keep Jones. However, if someone gave us a couple of premium picks, I think Veach has to think pretty hard about it.

I love Sammy, but he's not worth that number. We need a younger, cheaper version of Debbo Samuel, not the older, more-broke down version.
Lets just go with Shenault right?
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 03:04 PM 02-26-2020
Originally Posted by R Clark:
Heard Chris sims interview Veach today, he said pat and his agent were well aware that money was needed to put a team around him to be competitive.i am sure he won’t be cheap but I think he cuts them some slack. Veach said pat was way more into winning than being the highest paid QB
Pat wants to be the GOAT. And he knows that with Andy and talent around him that he will have a chance. Nobody will be talking about wannabe metrosexual, cheating Tom Brady a couple decades from now.
[Reply]
BossChief 03:25 PM 02-26-2020
Heard Chris sims interview Veach today, he said pat and his agent were well aware that money was needed to put a team around him to be competitive.i am sure he won’t be cheap but I think he cuts them some slack. Veach said pat was way more into winning than being the highest paid QB
Pat is going to take a hometown discount and Chris Jones is following suit. These aren’t going to be massive discounts, but it will set the tone for every free agent they are going to negotiate with in the next 15 years. KC will pay players well, but everyone needs to understand that you don’t come to KC (or stay here) for the highest dollar amount you can get. You need to want to win while getting paid well.

Pat could command 42-45m per season and will end up making closer to 37. Jones will get a very similar deal as Clark got when he could command a deal similar to last years Aaron Donald deal.

Some here don’t think he could get that money. They’re wrong.
[Reply]
BossChief 03:30 PM 02-26-2020
I’d like to listen to that interview. Can you post the link?
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 03:47 PM 02-26-2020
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
Yeah it’s called screw our cap for other players and turn our team into the Seahawks
Dumb...really dumb
[Reply]
R Clark 04:11 PM 02-26-2020
Originally Posted by BossChief:
I got it off yahoo news
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 04:41 PM 02-26-2020

[Reply]
saphojunkie 04:42 PM 02-26-2020
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
Dumb...really dumb
To turn into the Seahawks? I agree.
[Reply]
staylor26 04:50 PM 02-26-2020
Originally Posted by saphojunkie:
To turn into the Seahawks? I agree.
How many times does it have to be explained that the Seahawks have not drafted well over the last few year and that’s their biggest issue?

We aren’t going to “turn into the Seahawks” just by paying Jones. We have one of the best college scouting departments in the league. How is that going to change because we pay Jones? Also, we’re not dumb enough to try and be a run first team with an All-Pro QB.

And again, you’ve been screaming to trade Jones for a year. Why the fuck is that? It makes no sense.
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 05:34 PM 02-26-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Lets just go with Shenault right?
The more I think about it there's no way in hell Shenault is going to be there at 32. I know some mock drafts say otherwise, but there are so many mock drafts you can find one to say whatever you want it to. No way he drops that far. I wish he would, but it's not gonna happen. If I had to pick where he goes I'd say the Saints. If not earlier.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 05:36 PM 02-26-2020
Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks:
The more I think about it there's no way in hell Shenault is going to be there at 32. I know some mock drafts say otherwise, but there are so many mock drafts you can find one to say whatever you want it to. No way he drops that far. I wish he would, but it's not gonna happen. If I had to pick where he goes I'd say the Saints.
Bucky Brooks has us taking a Pass Rusher. Marlon Davidson
[Reply]
Kiimo 05:39 PM 02-26-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
How many times does it have to be explained that the Seahawks have not drafted well over the last few year and that’s their biggest issue?

We aren’t going to “turn into the Seahawks” just by paying Jones. We have one of the best college scouting departments in the league. How is that going to change because we pay Jones? Also, we’re not dumb enough to try and be a run first team with an All-Pro QB.

And again, you’ve been screaming to trade Jones for a year. Why the **** is that? It makes no sense.
Because his biggest asset for the Chiefs is what does for this team when he leaves it.
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 05:40 PM 02-26-2020
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Bucky Brooks has us taking a Pass Rusher. Marlon Davidson
Well, I guess that's it then.
[Reply]
Wilson8 05:46 PM 02-26-2020
I was getting an ID Error off of Dane's link. Maybe something with my machine.

Here's a simple link to the video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSk8G7tIZFI

I like Brett Veach. He is so straight forward with his interviews and answers. You can tell he enjoys his work.
[Reply]
Page 22 of 45
« First < 121819202122 2324252632 > Last »
Up