ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 19 of 45
« First < 91516171819 2021222329 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2020 NFL Combine Thread***
RunKC 09:20 AM 02-24-2020
It’s that time again. Post any news, rumors and prospect info.

2020 On-Field Workout Schedule
•Thursday, Feb 27. 4-11PM ET. TE, QB, WR. Tight ends, quarterbacks and wide receivers take the field for the first day of on-field workouts
•Friday, Feb 28. 4-11PM ET. PK, ST, OL, RB
•Saturday, Feb 29. 4-11PM ET. DL, LB
•Sunday, Mar 1. 2-7PM ET. DB.

Measurements are beginning now. Mods feel free please post the twitter feed in the OP
[Reply]
Kiimo 12:40 PM 02-26-2020
Well we paid that.

For Clark.

But I guess the 2nd was the following year. My point is, in a free agency where the interior DL is Jones and nobody else somebody will give that up. Somebody that is desperate, has a lot of picks and a lot of cap space. Some place Jones would like to go.

That place is Miami.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 12:42 PM 02-26-2020
I absolutely think Veach could/would tag and trade for a #1 and #2. I also think he'd be fine with trading our #1 for a #2 and #3.

Dude is a scout and likes to find his talent. I think we'll have an exciting draft, depending on how the board unfolds.
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 12:42 PM 02-26-2020
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
This is exactly why we should tag Jones and then get a 1st and 2nd for him.

Yes I believe we can get that. You could add one of these outstanding WR AND RB to go along with an interior lineman and a corner and we are set in the first two rounds.
I see the logic of a Jones tag and trade, I really do. Especially in a loaded draft. Especially if we could get the capital you mention.

I just don't feel it. And that's after trying many times to convince myself that it's the right thing to do.

Game-wreckers at DL are hard to find, and he's a game-wrecker. Half the Super Bowl he was unblockable, and the other half he was batting down passes when he did get blocked.

I can't see him in anything other than a Chiefs uniform. At least this season.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:42 PM 02-26-2020
Well we paid that.

For Clark.

But I guess the 2nd was the following year. My point is, in a free agency where the interior DL is Jones and nobody else somebody will give that up. Somebody that is desperate, has a lot of picks and a lot of cap space. Some place Jones would like to go.

That place is Miami.
Trading Jones for 1 pick this year isn’t worth losing him if we can afford to keep him. Not when we can go win another Super Bowl and Jones is still a young ascending player at a valuable position.
[Reply]
saphojunkie 12:43 PM 02-26-2020
Miami might do it.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:46 PM 02-26-2020
Originally Posted by saphojunkie:
Miami might do it.
You STILL can’t get Jones off this team fast enough and it’s mind-boggling. Where did he touch you?
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 12:52 PM 02-26-2020

Yes I believe we can get that. You could add one of these outstanding WR AND RB to go along with an interior lineman and a corner and we are set in the first two rounds.
I guess you missed the post by Nate Taylor saying the Chiefs are in the process of re signing Jones and hope to have it done before free agency starts
[Reply]
Kiimo 12:56 PM 02-26-2020
I didn't miss that post. I just don't believe it.

Listen to Soren and Grunny from yesterday and see if you still believe Jones will be on this team next season.

http://www.810whb.com/the-program-podcasts/
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 12:59 PM 02-26-2020
I didn't miss that post. I just don't believe it.

Listen to Soren and Grunny from yesterday and see if you still believe Jones will be on this team next season.

http://www.810whb.com/the-program-podcasts/
I trust Nate over Soren. Nate is actually connected like Terez
[Reply]
RunKC 12:59 PM 02-26-2020

No it’s why we should trade down multiple times and get at least one more top 100 pick.

I have no problem trading down to the middle of the 2nd. There’s going to be some damn good players there like Hardman and Thornhill last year.

We could get a nice haul like last years top 100 of Hardman, Thornhill and Saunders. Imagine getting that type of draft class again but with ANOTHER opportunity in the top 100 bc we traded down?

Sign me up
[Reply]
Kiimo 01:01 PM 02-26-2020
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
I trust Nate over Soren. Nate is actually connected like Terez
Yeah and teams USE connected guys to spread all kinds of information.

Of COURSE they're going to TRY and sign him. But Jones would be a fool to do it. And if he doesn't sign at a deal that works with the 200m Mahomes contract then you need to get max value immediately.

Zero chance Jones plays for us under a franchise tag. Zero.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 01:04 PM 02-26-2020
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
The fuck this have to do with the combine, turd
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 01:06 PM 02-26-2020
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
The **** this have to do with the combine, turd
Re-signing him could change who the Chiefs might be interested in speaking with at the combine and who they might draft.
[Reply]
Mecca 01:07 PM 02-26-2020
Take it for what it's worth...

610 saying their sources with the Chiefs are telling them yea they want to keep Jones but the odds of it happening are slim with the money he wants going so far as to say it's more likely Watkins comes back than Jones.
[Reply]
nychief 01:08 PM 02-26-2020
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
The **** this have to do with the combine, turd

The combine is essentially a league meeting, many many agent and front office meetings.... The rest is just college kids in shorts.
[Reply]
Page 19 of 45
« First < 91516171819 2021222329 > Last »
Up