ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 13 of 45
« First < 3910111213 1415161723 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2020 NFL Combine Thread***
RunKC 09:20 AM 02-24-2020
It’s that time again. Post any news, rumors and prospect info.

2020 On-Field Workout Schedule
•Thursday, Feb 27. 4-11PM ET. TE, QB, WR. Tight ends, quarterbacks and wide receivers take the field for the first day of on-field workouts
•Friday, Feb 28. 4-11PM ET. PK, ST, OL, RB
•Saturday, Feb 29. 4-11PM ET. DL, LB
•Sunday, Mar 1. 2-7PM ET. DB.

Measurements are beginning now. Mods feel free please post the twitter feed in the OP
[Reply]
BleedingRed 03:34 PM 02-25-2020
Clearly not this years draft but is anyone interested in Moss next year?
[Reply]
RunKC 03:34 PM 02-25-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:

Everyday I am grateful that Dave Gettleman is not our GM.

[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 03:41 PM 02-25-2020
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
Clearly not this years draft but is anyone interested in Moss next year?
You mean Thadeus Moss?
[Reply]
saphojunkie 03:52 PM 02-25-2020
Why does everyone act like we didn’t just draft a wide receiver in the second round
[Reply]
ForeverIowan 03:54 PM 02-25-2020
Shenault reminds me of Cordarrelle Patterson. Cant shake the feeling he doesnt translate to the NFL.
[Reply]
Mecca 03:54 PM 02-25-2020
Originally Posted by saphojunkie:
Why does everyone act like we didn’t just draft a wide receiver in the second round
Probably because if we lose Watkins and Robinson which is likely.......we're already in a spot where Byron Pringle is seeing significant playing time, do you want it to move to 1 injury makes it where some scrub like Gehrig Dieter is playing?

This team plays 3 and 4 wides way to much to not have quality at the position.
[Reply]
Mecca 03:55 PM 02-25-2020
Originally Posted by ForeverIowan:
Shenault reminds me of Cordarrelle Patterson. Cant shake the feeling he doesnt translate to the NFL.
Far far more productive than Patterson ever was in college though....
[Reply]
ModSocks 03:55 PM 02-25-2020
Because we're likely going to be losing a couple and the cupboard needs to stay plentiful.

Don't be like these other teams who get a Franchise QB and then stop giving him weapons expecting him to just make salad out of shit.
[Reply]
saphojunkie 04:05 PM 02-25-2020
Robinson was a fourth round pick. You don’t have to spend a first to replace your fourth receiver. Replacing Robinson is nowhere near as important as replacing Breeland, LDT, and literally every linebacker.

Also, I don’t wanna be the bearer of bad news, but we need to start thinking about tight end sooner than later.

If you say “what about Watkins??” Then pick one. Hardman was drafted to replace one of them.
[Reply]
The Franchise 04:09 PM 02-25-2020
Robinson was a fourth round pick. You don’t have to spend a first to replace your fourth receiver. Replacing Robinson is nowhere near as important as replacing Breeland, LDT, and literally every linebacker.

Also, I don’t wanna be the bearer of bad news, but we need to start thinking about tight end sooner than later.

If you say “what about Watkins??” Then pick one. Hardman was drafted to replace one of them.
And we have no clue what’s going to happen between now and the draft.

But yeah....we should totally start limiting skill positions now.

What do you do if there aren’t any LBs, CBs or OGs that are valuable at 32? Just draft the next best one over other positions?
[Reply]
ModSocks 04:11 PM 02-25-2020

No one is really clamoring for a 1st round WR really, just in general. Hardman is more a Robinson replacement. We're talking about Watkins' replacement if we're talking 1st rnd WR anyway. Fact is you're going to have to replace both of them (maybe). You can't just ignore the position.

Your example of Robinson sucks.

Also, you're assuming guys like Breeland won't be re-signed or that an adequate replacement won't be signed in his place.

We have a long way to go before the draft. As of right now every option is on the table and WR's are fun to talk about, and we're probably going to need at least one or two.
[Reply]
Mecca 04:11 PM 02-25-2020

This is always going to be an offensive team, without Watkins and Robinson and no pick...if Hill gets hurt like this year, the offense is toast. Travis Kelce and the nobodies aren't gonna move the ball at will with no RB there either.

Personally I don't get to caught up in position, draft guys that can play and you'll be fine. Looking at this class Shenault is a top 20 talent that is likely to fall a bit...CB is deep so you can likely come out of the 2nd with a Bryce Hall who I think is a really good scheme fit here or a Cam Dantzler who is very talented.

After that you should be able to pull a solid IOL and a LB out of the mid rounds and be looking pretty good.
[Reply]
Mecca 04:13 PM 02-25-2020
Matter of fact they can take a WR and a RB with the first 2 picks, I don't care as long as the guys can play.

That's where teams fuckup they get to caught up in position instead of you know worrying about if the guy is good or not.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 04:18 PM 02-25-2020
Because he was outperformed by multiple receivers taken after him and was mostly invisible the second half of the season and the playoffs. I don't trust him just yet to step into the #2 role or be the #1 WR if Hill goes down.
[Reply]
ForeverIowan 04:19 PM 02-25-2020
Mahomes is Veach's prized trophy. He scouted him for years and openly said he was the best player he had ever seen. It took some major stones as a franchise to forfeit the draft capital needed to draft him. You better believe Veach is going to continue to surround him with elite talent. I'd rather be a little weak in the linebacker core or secondary than let a generational talent like Mahomes not realize his full potential.
[Reply]
Page 13 of 45
« First < 3910111213 1415161723 > Last »
Up