ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 11 of 15
« First < 7891011 12131415 >
The Lounge>****Official 2019-2020 NHL Season Thread****
OnTheWarpath15 03:49 PM 09-24-2019
Season begins a week from tomorrow, and the defending champs just traded Joel Edmundson and a prospect for Justin Faulk.

Who's up for back-to-back Cups?


[Reply]
Bearcat 10:44 AM 02-18-2020
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
I just watched the highlight, that was indeed a great game...
Lightning sure did have their panties in a bunch... they got all hot and bothered after a perfectly good hit by MacKinnon, too.

It was pretty playoff-like though... I'm catching the Yotes/Lightning this weekend.
[Reply]
Megatron96 05:47 PM 02-26-2020
Jay Bouwmeester will not play for the rest of the season, including playoffs:

https://www.stltoday.com/sports/hock...bde1fee6a.html
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 06:14 PM 02-26-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Jay Bouwmeester will not play for the rest of the season, including playoffs:

https://www.stltoday.com/sports/hock...bde1fee6a.html
I was fully expecting today to be his retirement press conference.

Last year of his deal, 36 years old and coming off a cardiac event.

Maybe he gets a 1-year deal with the Blues if he clears medical, but I can't see anyone else signing him - even though he's been a solid defender and wins the conditioning tests every year.
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:49 PM 02-26-2020
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:
I was fully expecting today to be his retirement press conference.

Last year of his deal, 36 years old and coming off a cardiac event.

Maybe he gets a 1-year deal with the Blues if he clears medical, but I can't see anyone else signing him - even though he's been a solid defender and wins the conditioning tests every year.
The more I think about it, the more I think he's going to announce his retirement this summer. The only thing that speaks otherwise are his comments about being a hockey player and that even right now a part of him wants to be on the ice with his teammates.

Either way, I'll be glad for him. He's always been a favorite of mine.
[Reply]
ILChief 06:48 AM 02-28-2020
Flames scored with 42 seconds left to take the lead. Predators scored with 0.01 seconds left to tie and then the same guy for Nashville scored the winner in OT. Crazy game
[Reply]
Megatron96 02:22 PM 02-28-2020
Blues are starting to look like last year's playoff team. And Taresenko might be back on the ice in a couple weeks. Wondering when we'll start hearing "Gloria" again.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 02:29 PM 02-28-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Blues are starting to look like last year's playoff team. And Taresenko might be back on the ice in a couple weeks. Wondering when we'll start hearing "Gloria" again.
You won't.

Pretty sure everyone's tired of it or at least that's what all of the kvetching in the Blues' fan FB group indicated during their little bit of a schnide earlier this month when the song would be posted or referenced thrice daily.
[Reply]
Megatron96 02:36 PM 02-28-2020
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
You won't.

Pretty sure everyone's tired of it or at least that's what all of the kvetching in the Blues' fan FB group indicated during their little bit of a schnide earlier this month when the song would be posted or referenced thrice daily.
Ha, the "Gloria" reference was kinda tongue-in-cheek. Just thinking the Blues just might make a deep playoff run. Right now they're +885 to win the Cup again. I know it's nearly impossible for a team to repeat in the NHL, but the Blues are on a 5-game win streak, and look pretty sharp lately.

Maybe, just maybe there's another miracle left in the tank . ..
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 02:49 PM 02-28-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Ha, the "Gloria" reference was kinda tongue-in-cheek. Just thinking the Blues just might make a deep playoff run. Right now they're +885 to win the Cup again. I know it's nearly impossible for a team to repeat in the NHL, but the Blues are on a 5-game win streak, and look pretty sharp lately.

Maybe, just maybe there's another miracle left in the tank . ..
Six game but I get your point. Binnington hasn't been Godlike as he was during last year's Cup run and who knows what Tarasenko can do when (if) he comes back.
[Reply]
Megatron96 03:07 PM 02-28-2020
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
Six game but I get your point. Binnington hasn't been Godlike as he was during last year's Cup run and who knows what Tarasenko can do when (if) he comes back.
Binnington hasn't been Godlike as he was during last year's Cup run-YET.

Be precise when talking about Our Savior, please.
[Reply]
Bearcat 06:12 PM 02-28-2020
Yotes have fallen off a bit, which is disappointing in a division where the 2nd place Canucks would be 4th or 5th best in any other division.

The Central though.... Blues, Avalanche, and Stars are 3 of the hottest teams in hockey.
[Reply]
Sorry 11:28 PM 02-28-2020
I grew up loving the Avs with Sakic/Forsberg/rob blake/paul kariya (for those that remember him) adam foote/hedjuk/deadmarsh/hinote etc

I haven't had a chance to watch the avs real close as of late - are they legit cup contenders this year?
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:47 AM 02-29-2020
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Yotes have fallen off a bit, which is disappointing in a division where the 2nd place Canucks would be 4th or 5th best in any other division.

The Central though.... Blues, Avalanche, and Stars are 3 of the hottest teams in hockey.
Originally Posted by Sorry:
I grew up loving the Avs with Sakic/Forsberg/rob blake/paul kariya (for those that remember him) adam foote/hedjuk/deadmarsh/hinote etc

I haven't had a chance to watch the avs real close as of late - are they legit cup contenders this year?
Up until a few weeks ago I thought the Coyotes were actually going to make a serious bid at making the playoffs, even maybe making a decent run. But they've fallen off a cliff for whatever reason recently, and now I don't think they can make up the points with the games they have left. They would have to go on a monster win streak to get into the playoffs now. And they're so average on the road I don't see how they can get that done.

The Avs look pretty good right now. Shoo-ins for the playoffs today, and their goal differential is a ridiculous +47, IIRC. They have a long road stretch ahead, but they've been pretty good on the road, so we'll see who they are when they finish that in a couple weeks.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 02:36 AM 02-29-2020
So who do we think is the favourite to win the championship? I think I read somewhere that my Knights now have the best odds or are Tampa still out in front? Either way Peter Deboer has the look of BIG RED right now...a guy who's been close twice but just might have a chance to cross the line this time :-) .
[Reply]
Bearcat 10:29 AM 02-29-2020
Originally Posted by Sorry:
I grew up loving the Avs with Sakic/Forsberg/rob blake/paul kariya (for those that remember him) adam foote/hedjuk/deadmarsh/hinote etc

I haven't had a chance to watch the avs real close as of late - are they legit cup contenders this year?
I still have a Chris Drury bobblehead... he won the Hobey Baker and then NHL rookie of the year (Makar could do the same).

Avalanche are 5th in both goals and goals against, even with all the injuries to their top lines and Grubauer... they should be dangerous this postseason if they can get and stay healthy.
[Reply]
Page 11 of 15
« First < 7891011 12131415 >
Up