ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 16 of 31
« First < 61213141516 1718192026 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>We have a new GM and his name is Brett Veach
okiedokieokoye 02:36 PM 07-10-2017
Ian Rapoport
@RapSheet
From @TomPelissero and me: The #Chiefs are finalizing a deal for Brett Veach to be their new GM.
[Reply]
staylor26 04:45 PM 07-11-2017
Originally Posted by Pawnmower:
its ****ign LADDER jesus christ...I dont even normally care about spelling but you have clearly used 'latter' multiple times and its annoying.

L A D D E R

say it slowly
You're right, I'm an idiot for that brain fart. I think it's because I'm stooping to your level and arguing about something that you're clearly wrong about again, and it's infuriating how stupid you can possibly be.
[Reply]
Ming the Merciless 04:46 PM 07-11-2017
Originally Posted by staylor26:
If you're going to say Reid was "running the show" with Brett you might as well name every single front office member and assistant coach to the list too. It was a ****ing stupid way to try to give Brett blame for their failures when his role simply doesn't justify it.
i completely 100% disagree

Veach was Reid's assistant not some random special teams assistant another 'front office guy'

I mean look at where he is now, that should clue you in as to what Reid thinks of him
[Reply]
Ming the Merciless 04:47 PM 07-11-2017
You're right, I'm an idiot for that brain fart.
If it was just one toot I wouldnt have pointed it out but you kept sharting it out like you had some taco truck pulled pork that you left sitting out all night and ate for breakfast
[Reply]
staylor26 04:49 PM 07-11-2017
Originally Posted by Pawnmower:
i completely 100% disagree

Veach was Reid's assistant not some random special teams assistant another 'front office guy'

I mean look at where he is now, that should clue you in as to what Reid thinks of him
:-)

He was much further down the list than you think man. He wasn't even particularly a personel guy. He was orginigally hired as an assistant coach and just kind of grew into that role. He had very little say in the big picture, and was basically in charge of special projects from the sounds of it.

Just like you thinking Sutton was a candidate as a future HC at 66 years old after already saying he wasn't himself, you're wrong again.
[Reply]
Ming the Merciless 04:56 PM 07-11-2017
:-)
Just like you thinking Sutton was a candidate as a future HC at 66 years old after already saying he wasn't himself, you're wrong again.
I didn't really say that....but youre just a dishonest person, and you have to use straw man style tactics to 'win' every conversation you have. I was just wondering out loud what would happen if he got offered big bucks to go somehwere else....be it HC or DC or whatever...I freely admit I don't know if he would take a nother job or not, and I will take your word for it that he wouldnt...But 66 isnt THAT old and money talks, that was my thought.....but hey you keep on picking those nits..and changing around what people say so you can 'win'....

What I actually said was Reid's real Powerhouse at philly was JJ, and thats similar to this situation with Reid and sutton....and yet you ignore my main point (that you actually agree with probably) and would like to argue about all kinds of other things....
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 05:05 PM 07-11-2017
Originally Posted by King_Chief_Fan:
This promotion appears to be the handy work of Andy.

Andy is pulling the strings and this feels very similar to the last couple of years in Philly....When Andy and Brett where running the show and the team won only 6 six games back to back years.

Maybe they learned their lesson on not signing a bunch of free agents...I don't know. But, the eye for talent that Dorsey had will be hard to beat by anyone.
Clearly, you haven't read a single article pertaining to the firing of Dorsey.

Reid had absolutely nothing to do with it.
[Reply]
BlackOp 05:38 PM 07-11-2017
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Also, the Chiefs are currently $11 million under the salary cap, so if Dorsey had approached Maclin and asked him to restructure to what he received in Baltimore ($6 million per), the Chiefs would STILL be $5 million under the cap.

Your "theory" is complete and utter rubbish.
Your spin is equally full of shit.

Mahomes will still eat at least $4 million...and there is no guarantee that Maclin would have accepted a 40% pay cut... and even if he had there is no way KC (Dorsey) enters training camp with only 1 million of cap to maneuver. It's why they had Monday competing with Colquitt...until Dorsey got sacked. My guess he was on the ($5 million dollar punter) chopping block...

Your numbers are wishful math...Maclin took what he could get, on short notice, from the Ravens...it's an entirely different negotiation when you already have a contract and the HC is your 2nd father.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 05:45 PM 07-11-2017
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
Your spin is equally full of shit.
Uh, no, you buttfucking moron. I didn't "spin" anything.

Mahomes will eat at least $4 million
So? That still leaves $7 million.

and there is no guarantee that Maclin would have accepted a 40% pay cut... and even if he had there is no way KC enters training camp with only 1 million of cap to maneuver.
First off, you're speculating. Maclin signed a 2 year deal for $6 million per year. Why wouldn't he have renegotiated with the Chiefs?

He stated implicitly that the Chiefs didn't even ASK him!

And furthermore, being $1 million over going into camp is no big deal. They're not making any big free agent signings and if anything, cutting Jah Reid saves $2.8 million, Demetrious Harris and Albert Wilson, neither of which are a lock to make the 53, would save another $3 million.

So right there, another $6 million in savings.

Your numbers are wishful math
The fuck are you talking about? I listed REAL NUMBERS, you fucking BOZO.

The Chiefs signed Eric Berry and Daniel Sorenson before they announced a deal with Logan.

Your stupid fucking theory about Logan "putting them over the cap" is complete and utter nonsense.
[Reply]
Chiefnj2 05:49 PM 07-11-2017
Brett Veach is the best hire and best chance to salvage the asinine firing of Dorsey. Hunt wasn't going to fire Dorsey if he didn't have an in house guy to fill the position. It is pretty much universally agreed that it was Veach's job from the get go which is why some candidates refused to interview.

You can bet Andy had a good idea Dorsey wouldn't be around and that Veach would be the replacement.

Even if Andy didn't orchestrate the firing, he is a huge beneficiary in terms of power. Andy took Veach under his wing in Philly and was his mentor. He brought him to KC and helped his career. Veach isn't a GM at this young age without Andy. Veach must look up to Andy and I'm certain he still values Andy's views and opinions. He will likely defer to Andy at times.

If you are Hunt and have this alleged setup where GM and coach directly report to you, who do you decide in favor of when there is a difference of opinion ? The experienced head coach you just extended, or the first year pupil?

Andy plays the role of the friendly, aww shucks big guy, but he has come out on the winning side with more power with two different organizations, and it isn't by accident.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 05:50 PM 07-11-2017
Mahomes will eat at least $4 million
Nope, wrong again.

According to Forbes, the #10 selection in the 2017 NFL draft will have a cap hit of $2.97 million.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/alexkay.../#587e213a534c

Wanna try again?
[Reply]
jallmon 06:18 PM 07-11-2017
Just speculation, but Clark and Dorsey may have been having troubles for quite some time. Maybe Clark (and the Hunt family) were thinking that they may have to get rid of Dorsey before long, and because of the conflicts didn't want a Dorsey friend (Chris Ballard) as the heir-apparent to the GM position.

Knowing Chris Ballard was seen as an up and coming GM candidate, the Hunts may well have let him go to clear the decks for getting rid of Dorsey. Now, once Dorsey leaves, the heir-apparent is Brett Veach, who is not a Dorsey person. We know Veach is a Reid person (see below). Additionally, Reid is explicitly kept out of the GM interview process, which is run by Clark and possibly Donovan.

Chris Ballard was a friend of Dorsey's before coming to KC:

http://www.chiefs.com/news/article-2...7-6294a893f69a

Brett Veach was hired by Andy Reid in 2004 as an intern with the Eagles.

http://www.si.com/nfl/2017/07/10/chi...ch-john-dorsey

As an aside, Mike Borgonzi was with the Chiefs since 2010, so he pre-dates both Reid and Dorsey here in KC and doesn't seem to have any prior connections to either one.

Again, this is just speculation, but it could explain the facts we are seeing.
[Reply]
HemiEd 06:26 PM 07-11-2017
shocked I tell ya
[Reply]
BlackOp 06:28 PM 07-11-2017
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:

The **** are you talking about? I listed REAL NUMBERS, you ****ing BOZO.

The Chiefs signed Eric Berry and Daniel Sorenson before they announced a deal with Logan.

Your stupid ****ing theory about Logan "putting them over the cap" is complete and utter nonsense.
No..you said Berry was getting $13 million..numbnuts. He's getting $5 million. I know KC signed them first...which reinforces the fact he knew, in advance, Logan was going to cause cap issues down the road... and some player(s) were going to have to go. It's why Berry's first year is ridiculously cheap. Chiefs were strapped. They were at $3.5 prior to releasing him...and couldn't sign Mahomes (who still isn't signed).

Maclin was the logical choice as he underperformed, had the largest hit and Hill emerged. Cutting him saved around $10 million....and after signing Mahomes they will be at around $6 million....

Bottom line is Dorsey planned to get rid of Maclin (and his bloated salary) a while ago. He was shopping him this winter...the question is did Reid know about the cap situation/ Dorsey's plan?
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 06:59 PM 07-11-2017
which reinforces the fact he knew, in advance, Logan was going to cause cap issues down the road.
Then it was a stupid signing and Dorsey deserved to be fired (although I don't agree with your assessment).

Maclin was the logical choice as he underperformed, had the largest hit and Hill emerged. Cutting him saved around $10 million
Cutting him saved about $9 million but costs them $2.4 million this year and $4.8 million next year.

I was a horrible, horrible decision. He should have asked to renegotiate, so that the dead money wouldn't have been so large.

....and after signing Mahomes they will be at around $6 million....
No. Didn't you read the link? Mahomes will count less than $3 million against the cap.

Bottom line is Dorsey planned to get rid of Maclin (and his bloated salary) a while ago. He was shopping him this winter...the question is did Reid know about the cap situation/ Dorsey's plan?
Who cares if Reid knew? Dorsey's the GM and made the decision. But it's how he made the decision that was the final straw for Clark Hunt.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 07:00 PM 07-11-2017
Originally Posted by HemiEd:
shocked I tell ya
It's probably for the best.

Continuity and all that.

Plus, the league sees Veach as a rising star. Now, he just has to live up to those expectations.
[Reply]
Page 16 of 31
« First < 61213141516 1718192026 > Last »
Up