ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 13 of 31
« First < 3910111213 1415161723 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>We have a new GM and his name is Brett Veach
okiedokieokoye 02:36 PM 07-10-2017
Ian Rapoport
@RapSheet
From @TomPelissero and me: The #Chiefs are finalizing a deal for Brett Veach to be their new GM.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 12:11 PM 07-11-2017
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
The Peters pick was Chris Ballard.

Ryne Nutt heavily scouted Hill and Jones.

It's a collaborative process.
Ballard should have been the GM. Clark messed this up.
[Reply]
The Bad Guy 12:14 PM 07-11-2017
Originally Posted by BigMeatballBillay:
Yes, absolutely.

If Clark had the slightest thought about not wanting to extend Dorsey back in January, he should have cut ties the day after the playoff loss and kept Ballard.
[Reply]
JakeF 12:15 PM 07-11-2017
Originally Posted by The Bad Guy:
Clark Hunt clearly had his reasons.
Yes, Hunt wanted to sign Reid to a new contract and Andy wouldn't agree to one unless Dorsey was fired. That's why the weird timing and letting Ballard go, the firing happening on the same day that Reid is signed, Reid's little buddy hired to replace Dorsey. JMO.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:20 PM 07-11-2017
Originally Posted by JakeF:
Yes, Hunt wanted to sign Reid to a new contract and Andy wouldn't agree to one unless Dorsey was fired. That's why the weird timing and letting Ballard go, the firing happening on the same day that Reid is signed, Reid's little buddy hired to replace Dorsey. JMO.
:-)
[Reply]
Lex Luthor 12:29 PM 07-11-2017
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Considering that it has been speculated that one of the reasons Clark became uncomfortable with Dorsey was because he didn't dress professionally (i.e. preferring to wear a sweatshirt rather than a suit/tie), it is interesting the photo of Veach the Chiefs have on their website in the official press release announcing his promotion to GM...

Originally Posted by bricks:
I hate stupid stuff like this.

What does not having the proper dress code have anything to do with his abilities as a gm?

This is an example of one exercising their authority way to far.
Or it's an example of people taking speculation far too seriously.
[Reply]
ct 12:34 PM 07-11-2017
Originally Posted by PunkinDrublic:
JFC he's younger than me. Time to reevaluate my life decisions.
says the guy named PunkinDrublic

:-)
[Reply]
TEX 12:38 PM 07-11-2017
Yes, absolutely.

If Clark had the slightest thought about not wanting to extend Dorsey back in January, he should have cut ties the day after the playoff loss and kept Ballard.
This
[Reply]
staylor26 12:40 PM 07-11-2017
Originally Posted by BigMeatballBillay:
Yes, absolutely.

100%

Hopefully Veach is good enough for us not to regret it.
[Reply]
BlackOp 12:41 PM 07-11-2017
Originally Posted by JakeF:
Dorsey forced the Maclin release by signing Logan...and didn't keep Reid in the financial/salary cap loop. It sounds like the release was delayed as long as possible then handled in a very awkward way...like he didnt know exactly how to break it to Andy/Hunt that they were out of $$. He would HAVE to know that would piss Reid off. Keeping Maclin at OTAs while knowing they couldn't afford him was strange...motivated potentially by not wanting to cut him during his wedding? My initial thought when I heard he was let go..was "that's a "dick" move, he could have been injured." Dorsey milked it as long as he could before the cap deadline.

One question is did Andy have no prior knowledge that Maclin was a potential cap casualty? Its a really bad look for Reid (from the player's perspective)...to be at his wedding and acting like everything is great...knowing he was about to be released. Gives the impression of being underhanded...and dishonest. Dorsey hung him out to dry...if that was the case.

It would explain the abrupt firing while already letting Ballard go. It wasn't a planned, premeditated thing..it's not the only reason he was fired but it was possibly the straw that broke it.

a previous article stated that Dorsey started doing things without consulting others...maybe because of how the real power structure tied his hands?
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:56 PM 07-11-2017
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
Dorsey forced the Maclin release by signing Logan.
Nonsense.
[Reply]
penbrook 01:00 PM 07-11-2017
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
The Peters pick was Chris Ballard.

Ryne Nutt heavily scouted Hill and Jones.

It's a collaborative process.
Reid is the one who went down to Washington prior to draft day and talked to
him one in one
[Reply]
staylor26 01:04 PM 07-11-2017
Originally Posted by penbrook:
him one in one
Ballard did too IIRC
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:04 PM 07-11-2017
From all of the reports, Clark was concerned about Dorsey and had a cold relationship with him for at least 2 years. But, since the Chiefs were winning and drafting well, he overlooked the situation.

After Ballard was hired by the Colts, it became glaringly evident that Dorsey was a mess. He was unorganized, not a good communicator and made baffling decisions on his own. After the Maclin debacle, he pulled the trigger and fired Dorsey.

I think the entire situation is a Catch-22. Clark obviously wasn't fond of Dorsey the person or his management style but the Chiefs have had the type of success that he and the fans have yearned for since the early 90's. I'm sure it was difficult to reconcile his dislike of Dorsey while simultaneously, the Chiefs were experiencing great success.

Reportedly, Clark was able to overlook those issues until Ballard left, which exposed the dysfunction. In many ways, it sounds as if Ballard was covering Dorsey's tracks, per se. I'm just happy that Veach wasn't hired by Buffalo, as the Chiefs might be in real trouble after losing their #1, #2 and #3 guy.

All that said, people have accused (myself included) Lamar Hunt from having a "Hands Off" policy, as evidenced by a 15 year playoff drought and the final 10 years of Carl Peterson's tenure. Now, the Chiefs have a more "Hands On" owner and it appears that Clark will continue, if not expand, his role in the organization.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:05 PM 07-11-2017
Originally Posted by penbrook:
him one in one
Ballard scouted the fuck out of him.

Who gives a shit about one interview?
[Reply]
Eleazar 01:06 PM 07-11-2017
Yes, absolutely.

I agree totally. If Hunt had been planning to fire Dorsey back then, it makes no sense to let Ballard walk away for nothing. The contract situation coming up was no surprise, and Hunt is no fool. That's why the official story smells, and Reid being extended simultaneously also carries a similar fishy scent.
[Reply]
Page 13 of 31
« First < 3910111213 1415161723 > Last »
Up