ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 492 of 2687
« First < 392442482488489490491492 4934944954965025425929921492 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 10:45 AM 09-01-2017
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
You and your football friends would still probably not be impressed with Mahomes since you weren't before.

All he did was electrify Arrowhead with huge plays.

I think he IS a great QB now and will only keep improving.
That's great you think that because of some preseason games Mahomes is already a great QB but that's for Reid, a professional HC with a great resume and former QB coach, to decide, not you.

As soon as he is ready believe me Reid will pull the trigger and start him.

I personally take preseason games with a grain of salt. Plenty of QBs have looked amazing in preseason then gone on to suck. The reason I am confident Mahomes will be good is because of Reid's coaching and all of Mahomes physical tools not because of preseason...
[Reply]
Dave Lane 10:52 AM 09-01-2017
Originally Posted by kcchiefsus:
You're an idiot
There is literally no one that has been on CP for more than a week who doesn't realize that, in addition to the fact that he is an enormous douche bag.
[Reply]
Dave Lane 10:56 AM 09-01-2017
Originally Posted by Modser:
Remember that one season when our QB didn't throw a TD pass to a wide receiver?

:-)
Ahhh the glory days of Alex.
[Reply]
UK_Chief 11:01 AM 09-01-2017
:-) We are better off- it would suck having to deal with a thick head of hair again- takes about 10 seconds to comb it now. :-)
C...omb???
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 11:02 AM 09-01-2017
:-) We are better off- it would suck having to deal with a thick head of hair again- takes about 10 seconds to comb it now. :-)
Look at the cool guy who has to use a comb. I wish I had to use a comb. :-)
[Reply]
Halfcan 11:03 AM 09-01-2017
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
That's great you think that because of some preseason games Mahomes is already a great QB but that's for Reid, a professional HC with a great resume and former QB coach, to decide, not you.

As soon as he is ready believe me Reid will pull the trigger and start him.

I personally take preseason games with a grain of salt. Plenty of QBs have looked amazing in preseason then gone on to suck. The reason I am confident Mahomes will be good is because of Reid's coaching and all of Mahomes physical tools not because of preseason...
So you believe they moved up and drafted him because they thought he was an average QB not Great. Mahomes was pretty amazing in college. He IS a Great QB now and will only get better with coaching and experience.
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 11:18 AM 09-01-2017

#Chiefs Notes: Will likely be 2 years before Mahomes is ready. He’s raw and Reid’s system is highbrow and precise.

— Andy Benoit (@Andy_Benoit) September 1, 2017

More highlights w/Mahomes, more wins w/Smith. Processing/decision-making are right there with accuracy as top traits. Smith is good w/former

— Brandon Thorn (@VeteranScout) September 1, 2017

Still think what Mahomes is showing making the game look as easy as he does at times is special. Think he's in a good spot to develop.

— Brandon Thorn (@VeteranScout) September 1, 2017

[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 11:18 AM 09-01-2017
Originally Posted by 65TPT:
Look who's talking. I used to think you were alright with your time laps star filming until I saw your political point of view and you are totally blind to reality.
Seriously, just :-).
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 11:22 AM 09-01-2017
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
So what should be the official preseason anthem of Patrick Mahomes? Cus I need to edit all his glorious meaningless passes together today.
Dogs of War makes sense, but perhaps too serious for Pat. It's all about the Benjamins is nice too.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:23 AM 09-01-2017
2 years before Mahomes is ready?

:-)

That guy is an idiot. Saw him get exposed recently on twitter when talking about the Raiders OL.
[Reply]
Halfcan 11:24 AM 09-01-2017
Originally Posted by Quesadilla Joe:

Anyone that thinks Mahomes is going to sit for 2 more years before he starts a game is clearly pushing an agenda. :-)

So I guess Kizer is not "Raw" and must be light years ahead of Mahomes since he will be starting opening day?
[Reply]
BryanBusby 11:25 AM 09-01-2017
Andy Benoit is a fucking retard.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 11:26 AM 09-01-2017
Originally Posted by TambaBerry:
when we gave up 2 second rounders for a mediocre qb

Also, I dont think that middle of the field receiver was open. It would have been a risky play to throw that ball.
I'm not sure he was open either. Perhaps Pat's arm gets the throw there, but it does seem a bit risky.
[Reply]
Bowser 11:27 AM 09-01-2017
Originally Posted by Quesadilla Joe:

*loud fart noises*
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 11:29 AM 09-01-2017
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
When QBs have special talents, they sometimes can break the rules.

I think Mahomes has the arm talent and improvisational skills to make plays outside the normal flow of the offense (and those are going to be back-breaker plays for the D). This is what makes Rodgers so special.

I also think worrying about his mechanics a bunch when making throws is a little unnecessary. He needs to get better at his drops and avoid throwing off the back foot when he doesn't NEED to, but when a guy is so adept at delivering the ball from different angles or platforms and so accurate in doing it, how much change is really needed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
He also exhibited solid footwork on some of his throws. He clearly can do it and should probably do it more. But he also showed why he doesn't always have to. 60 yards in the air was awfully nice.
[Reply]
Page 492 of 2687
« First < 392442482488489490491492 4934944954965025425929921492 > Last »
Up