ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 444 of 2687
« First < 344394434440441442443444 4454464474484544945449441444 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
ModSocks 02:53 PM 08-15-2017
Rodgers was known for having poor mechanics coming out of college. I was told he "fixed" that in the pros.

To those people i say, "fuck you". In a nice way.
[Reply]
ModSocks 03:00 PM 08-15-2017
This is probably the 10th time i've stated this:

Back when i first watched Mahomes my initial reaction was, "wow, this guy's mechanics are the worst i've ever seen. His footwork is terrible". I posted something along those lines in the Draft sub forum.

I thought to myself, "there's no way this guy will work in the NFL. QB's rarely fix mechanical issues in the NFL. See Tebow or Bortles or Gabbert or pretty much every QB who never made it".

I stated i thought he had that "it" factor however.

I watched him more and more. And then some more. And some more.

I had an epiphany. I realized, "wow, you know what? Despite some of the worst mechanics i've ever seen, this guy makes ELITE throws regardless". High velocity, accurate, back foot jump throws 50 yards downfield.

"WTF is this?". Oh...i get it now...

He doesn't NEED perfect mechanics to make these throws.

That's rare. That's Rodgers type talent.
[Reply]
The Franchise 03:03 PM 08-15-2017
I can't fucking wait until he's starting games for us.
[Reply]
ModSocks 03:05 PM 08-15-2017
If Mahomes busts, it won't be because of footwork or mechanical issues. It'll be because he can't read a defense.

Camp reports demonstrate that he's struggled against zone coverage. That's to be expected. He'll have to work through that and develop in that area if he's going to develop the skills necessary to achieve the greatness that his talent is capable of.
[Reply]
The Franchise 03:13 PM 08-15-2017
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
If Mahomes busts, it won't be because of footwork or mechanical issues. It'll be because he can't read a defense.

Camp reports demonstrate that he's struggled against zone coverage. That's to be expected. He'll have to work through that and develop in that area if he's going to develop the skills necessary to achieve the greatness that his talent is capable of.
The good thing is that he doesn't come off as some entitled prick who thinks it's just going to come easy for him. He's shown the attitude that he's willing to put in the extra work to be great.
[Reply]
ModSocks 03:15 PM 08-15-2017
I mean, i get it guys.

He's our first 1st rnd Qb since 1980-something. We want to make sure that everything is laid out perfectly like our first born, newborn baby.

"He has to sit at least a year" "He shouldn't start early or he'll be ruined".

Like a baby, the crib has to be perfect. The room the right color, the right food and you have to read to him every-night. Every and anything you can do to make sure that child is given the best chance to succeed.

I understand.

But to you guys i say, "relax". Everything is going to be alright. Let him grow up. He's going to be just fine.
[Reply]
ModSocks 03:16 PM 08-15-2017
Dorsey watched Rodgers first Hand. Reid watched Favre. When those guys say Mahomes has that sort of talent, you don't need to argue about it. Don't worry. Just take their word for it. Don't overthink it with this perfect mechanics crap.

You're overthinking it.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 03:18 PM 08-15-2017
I've seen him throw in live game situations. Matter of fact, i have two years worth of games to refer to.
I'm speaking of his LQ( learning quotient) to be honest I was expecting a rather raw prospect with a remedial play diagnosis. Though one thing I did notice when got rattled a little and his instinct took over he looked like a mini Favre now that shit will get him in trouble going from 1 to skipping his checkdown to rifle it in to his 3rd option.
[Reply]
ModSocks 03:22 PM 08-15-2017
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Though one thing I did notice when got rattled a little and his instinct took over he looked like a mini Favre now that shit will get him in trouble going from 1 to skipping his checkdown to rifle it in to his 3rd option.
Oh absolutely. I expect plenty of turnovers and bone headed wtf moments. That's the nature of the beast.

But if you want greatness you'll have to take risks. No on ever achieved greatness by taking the safe and easy route.
[Reply]
ModSocks 03:22 PM 08-15-2017
Originally Posted by Pestilence:
The good thing is that he doesn't come off as some entitled prick who thinks it's just going to come easy for him. He's shown the attitude that he's willing to put in the extra work to be great.
Yup. Time will tell, but im not worried about Mahomes at all.
[Reply]
The Franchise 03:28 PM 08-15-2017
Oh absolutely. I expect plenty of turnovers and bone headed wtf moments. That's the nature of the beast.

But if you want greatness you'll have to take risks. No on ever achieved greatness by taking the safe and easy route.
Can't wait all of the "Smith wouldn't have thrown that pick!!!" posts.
[Reply]
penbrook 03:30 PM 08-15-2017
So now we're comparing one of the best QBs of all time in Rodgers to a Rookie who has yet to take 1 regular season snap!
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 03:34 PM 08-15-2017
Originally Posted by penbrook:
So now we're comparing one of the best QBs of all time in Rodgers to a Rookie who has yet to take 1 regular season snap!
His follow through is very similar by generating a metric fiction of velocity with his wrist which is why Marino compared to himself but his was the quickest I've ever seen.
[Reply]
ModSocks 03:35 PM 08-15-2017
Originally Posted by penbrook:
**Remember Detox, he's young...have patience. Have patience. Have patience. He knows not what he says...**
[Reply]
RealSNR 03:48 PM 08-15-2017
Detox going full Hootie in this thread. I mean that in a good way. Hootie gets passionate about his ideas and he'll stop at nothing to show how he's right. When he does it regarding football or baseball, it's the best thing on CP.

Well done, Detox!
[Reply]
Page 444 of 2687
« First < 344394434440441442443444 4454464474484544945449441444 > Last »
Up