ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 63 of 84
« First < 13535960616263 6465666773 > Last »
Media Center>Conspiracy, the Paranormal, the Unexplained and the Esoteric
keg in kc 05:43 PM 01-17-2015
Figure this would have a better chance of surviving in the Media Center than on the main page, and I'll be adding youtube and podcast links from time to time as I come across them, so it fits.

This has been something that's interested me from a very young age, all aspects of mysterious stuff, whether we're talking forgotten or forbidden archeology or civilization (Atlantis, pre-colombian exploration of america, etc), unexplained events (like Tunguska in 1908, the lost Roanoke Island colony, etc), paranormal events like ghosts, the study of ESP and that sort of thing, conspiracy (ranging from JFK to stuff like the perpetration of the drug war and the infilitration of the media by US intelligence) and, of course, UFOs (which to me means "unexplained" not "extraterrestrial" but that's a whole other topic).

Anything could show up, and everybody should feel free to add whatever they like. Just try to keep it as civil and respectful as possible. This is not intended to be a DC thread; it's as much for entertainment purposes as it is to solve all the world's mysteries.

**Although if anybody posts anything from Third Phase of Moon they should probably expect me to kick them in the balls.**

Few things I like to watch or listen to in no particular order (most of this can be found on itunes as well...):

The Paracast
Binall of America
The Gralian Report
The Paranormal Report
Dark City
Radio Misterioso
Open Minds (mostly their podcast)

That's it for now, just wanted to get this started. Been thinking about doing it for a while...
[Reply]
Easy 6 04:41 PM 05-28-2019
Very interesting, Detox... I don’t keep up with things like I used to, that pyramid is a wild

It’s good to see Fish at least consider the possibility instead of laughing it all off, as per his usual response
[Reply]
Megatron96 04:55 PM 05-28-2019
The simplest thing I can think of to debunk/prove this one would be to check the flight logs at that airport and see if they cancelled any flights/called for a ground stop during that evening. They wouldn't allow normal flight ops with that thing hanging there in their airspace like that.
[Reply]
ModSocks 04:57 PM 05-28-2019
Lets go on the assumption it's fake.

How do you fake that?
[Reply]
Megatron96 05:06 PM 05-28-2019
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Lets go on the assumption it's fake.

How do you fake that?
I have no idea. But didn't David Copperfield make a building disappear or something to that effect?
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 05:10 PM 05-28-2019

[Reply]
ModSocks 05:16 PM 05-28-2019
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
But that's After Effects....not 3 different cameras from 3 different locations recording the same thing.

Because we have multiple cameras and multiple witnesses, that discredits the idea that the footage was edited.

That object, whatever it may have been, existed in the night's sky.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 05:21 PM 05-28-2019
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
But that's After Effects....not 3 different cameras from 3 different locations recording the same thing.

Because we have multiple cameras and multiple witnesses, that discredits the idea that the footage was edited.

That object, whatever it may have been, existed in the night's sky.
End of the day it's 2019. Everyone has a smartphone.

If it were real there'd be tons of raw video clips of all available angles, there'd be a slew of Tweets and FB posts about people saying they saw it but didn't get a chance to video it and, the most obvious evidence of all, there'd be tons and tons of memes about it.
[Reply]
keg in kc 05:47 PM 05-28-2019
3 different people send raw video to the Cousins brothers, 3 pyramid 'ufo' get added to said video. That's how hoaxes happen. Anything that spent an iota of time on thirdphaseofmoon, and that pyramid stuff was there in December, is suspect.
[Reply]
O.city 10:06 PM 05-28-2019
They’re slowly releasing a lot of this stuff

Think something big is gonna come out
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 10:18 PM 05-28-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
Yeah, interesting.

Stuff like this always interests me when it's coming from pilots and such.
They’re slowly releasing a lot of this stuff

Think something big is gonna come out
They've been doing that for decades, and still nothing. Frankly, I don't believe in any of it.
[Reply]
Fish 10:25 PM 05-28-2019
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
Yeah, I don't know why they would release the video in 2017 but not disclose the sighting itself until now.

As far as 'nutjobs wanting attention' goes, it's generally accepted that many, many, many more people have sightings than report sightings. Most people don't report them at all, articularly among professionals. So I have often wondered where this idea that it's all crazy people looking for attention comes from.

Anyway, here's what I find strangest about the recent changes: why is the military now, after literally decades of trying to convince the public there's nothing to them (the whole point of every public study they ran in the 50s and 60s...) are they not only admitting there are anomalous objects, that they don't know what they are and that they may be a threat to national security? And strangest of all, they're encouraging pilots and other witnesses to report, rather than keep it quiet so they don't look like kooks?
I don't really agree with what you say is generally accepted. I think the US government was just as stupid about the idea and intent of UFOs as the rest of the world. But it's not my intent to try and derail the thread. I think it's a really good thing that they're encouraging witnesses. Even if that's the weakest form of evidence.
[Reply]
Megatron96 10:56 PM 05-28-2019
There's a difference between posting some video online and actually reporting a UFO as a military/commercial pilot in the U.S. While there is a section in the regs (FARs) for reporting UFOs, what they don't tell you in there is that there may be consequences up to and including the revocation of your medical certificate (which is necessary to keep flying) for 'health reasons.' And while you may jump through the hoops to get reinstated, they don't have to give it back to you for any reasons they like. Hence, most American pilots I know are very reticent to actually report UFOs.

I have seen a couple things I have no explanation for, but without rock-solid evidence, I would never make an actual report of a UFO to the FAA.

And while it seems that the FAA is becoming more understanding of these things, I'm too old to take that chance and then have to start a new career. I'll feel free to talk my *ss off once I'm retired.
[Reply]
O.city 11:00 PM 05-28-2019
It’s always been my main flaw I guess you could say with the whole Fermi paradox

If there were a civilization out there that did have the capability to get here from those distances, I think they’d have the capability to stay unseen or allow us to see them on their terms. With what we’re finding out about the universe, it seems pretty certain there’s something out there somewhere.

Whether they’re coming here I dunno. Hell maybe it’s just us traveling back in time or something.
[Reply]
keg in kc 11:09 PM 05-28-2019
Originally Posted by Fish:
I don't really agree with what you say is generally accepted. I think the US government was just as stupid about the idea and intent of UFOs as the rest of the world. But it's not my intent to try and derail the thread. I think it's a really good thing that they're encouraging witnesses. Even if that's the weakest form of evidence.
When I say sightings, I only mean see something they don't recognize in the sky. Which could be anything. Venus. A plane. A drone. A bird. Even something out of the ordinary. A lot of people see things. Very few report it to anyone. A miniscule number.

The same is true for every aspect of the so-called paranormal. Some people are entertained by it. Rarely does it go past that.
[Reply]
kcxiv 01:10 AM 05-29-2019
Read a little about this lately.

Graham Hancock always talks about previous civilizations being so much more advanced than we thought. Stuff like this makes you think.
you have to think about it this way, They didnt come home to watch tv, play video games, get on the internet, they just had basically stared at the sky and used the brain to think. Kind of like dudes in prison, they can come up some some nifty engineering in there.
[Reply]
Page 63 of 84
« First < 13535960616263 6465666773 > Last »
Up