ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 62 of 84
« First < 12525859606162 6364656672 > Last »
Media Center>Conspiracy, the Paranormal, the Unexplained and the Esoteric
keg in kc 05:43 PM 01-17-2015
Figure this would have a better chance of surviving in the Media Center than on the main page, and I'll be adding youtube and podcast links from time to time as I come across them, so it fits.

This has been something that's interested me from a very young age, all aspects of mysterious stuff, whether we're talking forgotten or forbidden archeology or civilization (Atlantis, pre-colombian exploration of america, etc), unexplained events (like Tunguska in 1908, the lost Roanoke Island colony, etc), paranormal events like ghosts, the study of ESP and that sort of thing, conspiracy (ranging from JFK to stuff like the perpetration of the drug war and the infilitration of the media by US intelligence) and, of course, UFOs (which to me means "unexplained" not "extraterrestrial" but that's a whole other topic).

Anything could show up, and everybody should feel free to add whatever they like. Just try to keep it as civil and respectful as possible. This is not intended to be a DC thread; it's as much for entertainment purposes as it is to solve all the world's mysteries.

**Although if anybody posts anything from Third Phase of Moon they should probably expect me to kick them in the balls.**

Few things I like to watch or listen to in no particular order (most of this can be found on itunes as well...):

The Paracast
Binall of America
The Gralian Report
The Paranormal Report
Dark City
Radio Misterioso
Open Minds (mostly their podcast)

That's it for now, just wanted to get this started. Been thinking about doing it for a while...
[Reply]
O.city 11:56 AM 05-28-2019
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3i-vUp...ature=youtu.be
Interesting. Suspect timing for sure, but I dunno that I buy that.

It is weird to me that the government is investigating this, if it is in fact the government actually developing these things. Surely there would be some cross talk of "hey, yea, that's actually our things up there, don't worry about it".
[Reply]
keg in kc 12:00 PM 05-28-2019
Oh I'm 100% sure it came out now because of the show Friday. Not saying it isn't valid but they're trying to get eyes back on the topic this week for a clear reason. At least the To The Stars Academy is actually doing something, finally.
[Reply]
keg in kc 12:03 PM 05-28-2019
Reading a review of Friday's episode, it looks like the program deals directly with the event in the article.
[Reply]
O.city 01:07 PM 05-28-2019
Oh I'm 100% sure it came out now because of the show Friday. Not saying it isn't valid but they're trying to get eyes back on the topic this week for a clear reason. At least the To The Stars Academy is actually doing something, finally.
Yeah, interesting.

Stuff like this always interests me when it's coming from pilots and such.
[Reply]
Fish 02:02 PM 05-28-2019
It's almost like this is coming out now as publicity for a new show on the history channel Friday.
This has actually been around for several years. The CIA released a bunch of previously classified documentation in 2016, and this was part of it.

https://www.space.com/39147-navy-pil...sightings.html
[Reply]
O.city 02:13 PM 05-28-2019
Fish, you're generally a skeptic. What do you think about this?
[Reply]
keg in kc 02:33 PM 05-28-2019
Originally Posted by Fish:
This has actually been around for several years. The CIA released a bunch of previously classified documentation in 2016, and this was part of it.

https://www.space.com/39147-navy-pil...sightings.html
Although it mentions it very briefly, the Times article this week is not about the Nimitz 'tic-tac' sighting of 2004. It's about a series of encounters in 2014 and 2015. Different event, different witnesses, etc. While the video associated with it has been seen before, there was never any context provided previous to now, at least not that I can remember.

It's odd that they both involve training flghts, but they're a decade apart, and the Nimitz was off the west coast, with the more recent sightings being off the east.
[Reply]
Fish 03:00 PM 05-28-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
Fish, you're generally a skeptic. What do you think about this?
I don't know. The pilot initially identified the object as a drone. That's probably the most likely explanation. But these are really experienced and professional people, not just some nutjob seeking attention. Which makes it much more interesting.
[Reply]
O.city 03:02 PM 05-28-2019
I don't know. The pilot initially identified the object as a drone. That's probably the most likely explanation. But these are really experienced and professional people, not just some nutjob seeking attention. Which makes it much more interesting.
That was kind of my thinking.

When guys trained at that level start talking about stuff being able to do stuff that's not supposed to be possible my out types of machines, it's interesting.
[Reply]
Fish 03:02 PM 05-28-2019
Although it mentions it very briefly, the Times article this week is not about the Nimitz 'tic-tac' sighting of 2004. It's about a series of encounters in 2014 and 2015. Different event, different witnesses, etc. While the video associated with it has been seen before, there was never any context provided previous to now, at least not that I can remember.

It's odd that they both involve training flghts, but they're a decade apart, and the Nimitz was off the west coast, with the more recent sightings being off the east.
I guess I'm confused. The link I posted from 2017 contained the exact same video as your link.
[Reply]
keg in kc 03:46 PM 05-28-2019
I guess I'm confused. The link I posted from 2017 contained the exact same video as your link.
Yeah, I don't know why they would release the video in 2017 but not disclose the sighting itself until now.

As far as 'nutjobs wanting attention' goes, it's generally accepted that many, many, many more people have sightings than report sightings. Most people don't report them at all, articularly among professionals. So I have often wondered where this idea that it's all crazy people looking for attention comes from.

Anyway, here's what I find strangest about the recent changes: why is the military now, after literally decades of trying to convince the public there's nothing to them (the whole point of every public study they ran in the 50s and 60s...) are they not only admitting there are anomalous objects, that they don't know what they are and that they may be a threat to national security? And strangest of all, they're encouraging pilots and other witnesses to report, rather than keep it quiet so they don't look like kooks?
[Reply]
ModSocks 04:04 PM 05-28-2019
This one right here has REALLY caught my interest.

1. The object is massive and was captured by multiple cameras and multiple unrelated persons.

2. There's video taken by a group of people in a car as they drive around the Pentagon videoing the object. It looks to be a multidimensional object and not a projector (it'd be tough to project into the dark sky an object that large anyway) , as the object has multiple sides that's clearly demonstrated in the video.

3. IF the leaked footage below is real (looks to be) then holy shit....

[Reply]
ModSocks 04:05 PM 05-28-2019
I'm trying to find the footage of the guys who were driving around videoing it. It is by far the best footage of this. I haven't come across it yet on YouTube. I saw it on Travel Channel.

My initial thought was hologram. But when you see the footage of the guys moving around the object itself it looks like a damn real object. How would you even get a Hologram to project that large, that high in the night sky?

EDIT:

Here it is: (Take note that the object has a single "dark side" that stays consistent as it rotates. Can this be accomplished with a Hologram?)

You be the judge. My initial gut reaction is fake, but....maybe?
[Reply]
O.city 04:26 PM 05-28-2019
Yeah, looks a bit fake to me. I dunno.
[Reply]
keg in kc 04:33 PM 05-28-2019
It's definitely fake. Manipulated video of another speech.

As for the pyramids, don't look like anything to me.
[Reply]
Page 62 of 84
« First < 12525859606162 6364656672 > Last »
Up