ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 49 of 61
« First < 394546474849 5051525359 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>-- How do you feel about Hardees?
Simply Red 11:42 AM 06-28-2016
How do you feel about Hardees?

Hot Ham and Cheese?

Breakfast?!

coupon here
[Reply]
Simply Red 12:36 PM 03-19-2018
Originally Posted by Randallflagg:
Indeed. I was talking to the Vice President of Production - late in the day - and before I left, he gives me this damned pizza cutter - pretty nice cutter and sharp as shit.

One problem. I returned the rental car, got to the TSA check in and damn near got arrested. I had put the cutter in my carry on and they went ape shit crazy when it went through the Xray machine. Had to leave the damned thing there.....
ha!
[Reply]
rabblerouser 12:36 PM 03-19-2018
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
I don’t really care who’s cooking my burger. I don’t like Hardee’s burgers even a little.

I did prefer Wendy’s before the reformulated their burger (thicker, closer to bun size). I loved the burger overhang when they were doing smash burgers.
Go to Freddy's; they got the crispy hang thing going on.
[Reply]
Randallflagg 12:38 PM 03-19-2018
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
they microwave everything before it goes out to give it that nuclear, "runny but solid" consistency.
:-)

I LOVE that "runny but solid" stuff...........Honestly, though....Hardees is one of those places, like Burger King, that for the most part, is just good. Nothing fantastic, just good.

Thing is - today, there are 500 burger joints out there and most all of them are "good".

One can argue about this place and that place is better (and they probably are) but for just "run in run out" - I like Hardees - probably most of all.
[Reply]
Randallflagg 12:40 PM 03-19-2018
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
Go to Freddy's; they got the crispy hang thing going on.
Freddy's is my second best place. I LOVE to order grilled onions with their burgers. The fries, however, are a different story. Those little "steak and shake" fries are a pain in the ass (at least to me) but I really like that french fry sauce....
[Reply]
threebag 12:47 PM 03-19-2018
Best way to eat Freddy's fries is with a fork
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 12:55 PM 03-19-2018
Microwaved food! Those Pilsbury Grands in a can are better than Hardee biscuits
[Reply]
threebag 01:15 PM 03-19-2018
I know back in the late 80s those buscuits were from scratch bro. Hardee's was a intricate part of my high school years. The town cruise looped at Hardee's and the huge parking lot was the hangout. Every Friday night the "rendering" truck would come through about midnight with a load of road kill and fallen farm animals on the way to become burgers for McDonalds.

I probably picked up more puss at Hardee's than anywhere else my whole life.
[Reply]
Simply Red 01:33 PM 03-19-2018
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
Microwaved food! Those Pilsbury Grands in a can are better than Hardee biscuits
[Reply]
srvy 01:34 PM 03-19-2018
Originally Posted by Randallflagg:
I was thinking back (about Hardees) and I remembered back in 2001-2 (something like that) I took my Wife to a Doctor's appointment somewhere over in Shawnee Mission and we stopped at the Hardees there. It was late September and they had just brought out the "Monster Burger" - for Halloween I guess. I ordered one and MY GOD!!!! It was good...

Haven't had another since then - but damn that burger was the bomb! 1420 calories of goodness!
My Dad loved the Big Roast Beef. When Mom was down with the flu and couldnt cook Dad would bring a sack full those and Hot Ham N Cheese. Dad couldnt cook so it beat Vienna Sausages heated in the can in a pan of boiling water. Or worse yet Hi Power Tamales heated the same way.
[Reply]
Randallflagg 01:41 PM 03-19-2018
Originally Posted by srvy:
My Dad loved the Big Roast Beef. When Mom was down with the flu and couldnt cook Dad would bring a sack full those and Hot Ham N Cheese. Dad couldnt cook so it beat Vienna Sausages heated in the can in a pan of boiling water. Or worse yet Hi Power Tamales heated the same way.

I am fairly certain that we had the same Dad....
[Reply]
Simply Red 01:42 PM 03-19-2018
i like canned tamales - we had a thread for them - you have to "doctor them up."
[Reply]
Randallflagg 01:46 PM 03-19-2018
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
i like canned tamales - we had a thread for them - you have to "doctor them up."
My Family (Dad, Mom, Brother and two Sisters) were traveling from Phoenix (My Old Man had been transferred to the Pentagon) and we stopped in a little New Mexico town called Demming.

Stopped in a little diner and ordered tamales....Damn sweat was pouring off of both my Father and me - but we kept eating. Why? They were the best Tamales I had ever eaten (and have ever eaten) in my life. Hotter than fire, but damned they were the bomb! I have had an affinity for Tamales ever since - some 60 years later.....
[Reply]
Simply Red 01:46 PM 03-19-2018

[Reply]
Randallflagg 01:54 PM 03-19-2018
What the hell ever happened to the "Der" in Wienerschnitzel?

When Dad was stationed at the Presidio (WAY back when) it was called "Der Weinerschnitzel".....used to hit the one on the way home from Elementary school....
[Reply]
srvy 01:55 PM 03-19-2018
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
Yeah Dad didnt doctor them up he would just set out a jar of Spanish Garden.
[Reply]
Page 49 of 61
« First < 394546474849 5051525359 > Last »
Up