ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 11
< 123 4567 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Dodgers fire Ohtanis long time interpreter, accused of 'massive theft'
stumppy 08:21 PM 03-20-2024
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Long way from getting there. In order from best to worst in magnitude

Gambling
Gambling on sports
Gambling on your own team
Making lineup decisions because of games you bet on (or in Pete Rose's case... Games you didn't bet on)
Throwing games for money (shoeless Joe... And if you don't believe that, check out his stats in world series games he won vs lost)

For now we don't know if shohei is Calvin ridley or Pete rose
We'll see. So far they're bumbling and stumbling through the explanation.:-)
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 10:04 PM 03-20-2024
Originally Posted by stumppy:
We'll see. So far they're bumbling and stumbling through the explanation.:-)
Sure feels like best case scenario he did something suspendable and the mlb knows their option is to either suspend a money maker in a mega market or get blasted for superstar treatment. I think as someone else said the unique aspect of this is that even a slight infraction can be devastating for his brand
[Reply]
Rain Man 07:21 PM 03-20-2024
Why would a team-employed interpreter have access to the players money, unless...ohhhhhhh.
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 07:21 PM 03-20-2024
The interpreter will commit seppuku as expected. The story will be over.
[Reply]
scho63 07:28 PM 03-20-2024
I wonder if the Yakuza are involved somehow.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 07:28 PM 03-20-2024

This is why we never paid for interpreters

— Montreal Expos (@Montreal_Expos) March 20, 2024

[Reply]
MMXcalibur 07:30 PM 03-20-2024
Openly mixing gambling with sports is going swimmingly.
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 07:33 PM 03-20-2024
I wonder if he went full Pete Rose and sold steroids too?
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 07:46 PM 03-20-2024
Originally Posted by Pepe Silvia:
I wonder if he went full Pete Rose and sold steroids too?
Think that was his son?

Daddy was the guy who was banging teenagers
[Reply]
KC_Connection 07:45 PM 03-20-2024
Nothing about the stories Shohei/his team/his interpreter were putting out there about this add up.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 09:50 PM 03-20-2024

Ohtani vs Michael Jordan at 4am in Vegas at the blackjack table pic.twitter.com/TSjoG61Qsr

— Noah �� (@Yordan4HOF2) March 20, 2024

[Reply]
jdubya 10:11 PM 03-20-2024
I see Ohtani as MLBs Mahomes.

They will keep him safe 100%

Brings in too much money for MLB, USA and Japan
[Reply]
dlphg9 10:12 PM 03-20-2024
Lmao, this is all a bunch of horse shit. Ohtani was gambling and theyre doing some massive coverup.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 04:40 AM 03-21-2024
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Lmao, this is all a bunch of horse shit. Ohtani was gambling and theyre doing some massive coverup.
No kidding.

The “interpreter” was just a cover and is now the fall guy… does anyone really think Ohtani legit needed a full time interpreter… around him at all times and in the club house… after living in America for almost a decade?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:11 AM 03-21-2024
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
No kidding.

The “interpreter” was just a cover and is now the fall guy… does anyone really think Ohtani legit needed a full time interpreter… around him at all times and in the club house… after living in America for almost a decade?
Or that the interpreter who's lived here for 25 years didn't realize that the illegal fucking bookie wasn't the same as DraftKings?

What happened here is just so damn obvious but ultimately so impossible to prove that it's gonna have to go away. But yeah - Ohtani better get himself to a Gamber's Anonymous meeting if he's out there blowing millions on soccer games.

Because ain't no way some random bookie was taking millions in action from Ohtani's lackey. At best the guy was doing it on his own but with Othani's knowledge. And I'd still say it's more likely he was doing it at Ohtani's behest than it is that Shohei's just a really generous dude that covered nearly $5 million on gambling losses for his interpreter because he's just a nice guy that way...
[Reply]
Page 3 of 11
< 123 4567 > Last »
Up