ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 13
< 12 345612 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Why is Robinson playing more than Hardman?
TRR 07:06 AM 09-12-2020
Originally Posted by FAH-Q:
I think there is truth to some of this, but it also needs to be recognized that Robinson is not a good receiver. He lives off of one or two splashy plays a year, and some of those came in preseason in years past. He was not courted in free agency and wound up back in a system he’s familiar with, has had years to refine, and still doesn’t do anything particularly well, except block. Hardman has difficulty learning the entire route tree, that’s a given, but I think the upside for him is probably greater than what we KNOW it is for Robinson.
Then why does he continue to get more snaps if he isn’t good? Again, to Nick’s point, it’s more about what Hardman isn’t doing. Otherwise, he would be seeing more snaps than Robinson.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 07:47 AM 09-12-2020
Originally Posted by FAH-Q:
I think there is truth to some of this, but it also needs to be recognized that Robinson is not a good receiver. He lives off of one or two splashy plays a year, and some of those came in preseason in years past. He was not courted in free agency and wound up back in a system he’s familiar with, has had years to refine, and still doesn’t do anything particularly well, except block. Hardman has had difficulty learning the entire route tree, that’s a given considering his role in college, but I think the upside for him is probably greater than what we KNOW it is for Robinson. We’ve been waiting for DRob to have his breakout year for awhile now.

And if we’re being honest, I don’t think any of our receivers are phenomenal at beating really good press coverage. Maybe Watkins and that depends on the press cover corner he’s matched up against. Press coverage is designed to screw up timing and rhythm, which is what this offense is predicated on. The reality is very few d-coordinators in the NFL have the balls to play press coverage against the speed we have.
I don't think people are expecting Drob to break out at this point. He's a role player. Real good blocker and bailout option. At this point the only fixable thing is consistently reliable hands. I imagine we use him more in situations where we want blocking, quick routes, and scramble drills.
[Reply]
htismaqe 05:26 PM 09-11-2020
He dropped 2 and had one knocked out of his hands. The play in the end zone was a heater that Pat threw across his body. Not an easy catch.

Sammy Watkins has the same kind of issues from time to time. Robinson made a couple of nice grabs later in the game.

It was the first game of a season with no OTA's or preseason games.

I think the coaches know what they are doing.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 05:31 PM 09-11-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
In no way was I questioning Coach Reid. Just what the hell are they seeing we are not? Not studying the playbook enough? Effort in practice, runs the wrong routes? What is it?
[Reply]
htismaqe 05:32 PM 09-11-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
In no way was I questioning Coach Reid. Just what the hell are they seeing we are not? Effort in practice, runs the wrong routes? What is it?
Like DJ said, they were going really vanilla and running the ball. Robinson is a better blocker, it makes sense.

Remember what Hardman did to the Ravens last year? Why show it now?
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:51 PM 09-11-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I would say it says something about the progression of Mecole.

It may also be that they thought they didn’t need him and we’re going to focus on establishing the run, in which case Robinson’s a pretty physical and reliable blocker.

And Reid shows NOTHING when he has a lead. When they were up 24-7 and the running game was working, he probably just too Hardman out of the game plan.
Like DJ said, they were going really vanilla and running the ball. Robinson is a better blocker, it makes sense.

Remember what Hardman did to the Ravens last year? Why show it now?
Bing
[Reply]
mlyonsd 05:40 PM 09-11-2020
He dropped 2 and had one knocked out of his hands. The play in the end zone was a heater that Pat threw across his body. Not an easy catch.

Sammy Watkins has the same kind of issues from time to time. Robinson made a couple of nice grabs later in the game.

It was the first game of a season with no OTA's or preseason games.

^ The SB bling they're wearing makes it so.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 10:29 AM 09-12-2020
The play in the end zone was a heater that Pat threw across his body. Not an easy catch.
Doesn't matter he is an NFL WR, a professional. Do your job !! Should have been caught. With that being said, I still like Robinson.:-)
[Reply]
L.A. Chieffan 05:29 PM 09-11-2020
Pat loves throwing to him. Always has
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 05:30 PM 09-11-2020

It may also be that they thought they didn’t need him and we’re going to focus on establishing the run, in which case Robinson’s a pretty physical and reliable blocker.

And Reid shows NOTHING when he has a lead. When they were up 24-7 and the running game was working, he probably just too Hardman out of the game plan.
[Reply]
RunKC 05:40 PM 09-11-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

That’s all I can think of. Well that and the fact that Tyreek and Mecole are the same type of receiver in terms of strengths (speed) but naturally Tyreek is better so he’ll get those snaps first.

Nate Taylor said Andy was very vanilla compared to what he’s seen in practice so obviously the fireworks won’t come out until probably Baltimore.

It’s just a shame seeing Robinson over a better receiver, vanilla or not. Hardman is a much better receiver.
[Reply]
htismaqe 05:41 PM 09-11-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:
That’s all I can think of. Well that and the fact that Tyreek and Mecole are the same type of receiver in terms of strengths (speed) but naturally Tyreek is better so he’ll get those snaps first.

Nate Taylor said Andy was very vanilla compared to what he’s seen in practice so obviously the fireworks won’t come out until probably Baltimore.

It’s just a shame seeing Robinson over a better receiver, vanilla or not. Hardman is a much better receiver.
Robinson is a more physical blocker. And they wanted to run the ball last night.
[Reply]
Direckshun 05:50 PM 09-11-2020
Robinson is a more physical blocker. And they wanted to run the ball last night.
I think this is the most likely case.

That's the same thing going on with Gay/Niemann. The Chiefs are playing matchups right now and doing a whole bunch of 4D chess. They're trying to give Niemann some time in the base D, to see if he's worth keeping there; that blocks out Gay's chances in the near term. And right now they're playing Gay behind Wilson anyway.

In dime, Gay wasn't needed. His spot was next to Niemann, but the Chiefs played DOD there all game because he spies Watson really well -- it seems that the only reason we keep DOD on the 53 is because he spies Deshaun Watson once or twice a year.
[Reply]
Scooter LaCanforno 06:39 PM 09-11-2020
Originally Posted by Direckshun:

That's the same thing going on with Gay/Niemann. The Chiefs are playing matchups right now and doing a whole bunch of 4D chess. They're trying to give Niemann some time in the base D, to see if he's worth keeping there; that blocks out Gay's chances in the near term. And right now they're playing Gay behind Wilson anyway.

In dime, Gay wasn't needed. His spot was next to Niemann, but the Chiefs played DOD there all game because he spies Watson really well -- it seems that the only reason we keep DOD on the 53 is because he spies Deshaun Watson once or twice a year.

What Linebacker package shows up next week when we have to contain Tyrod Taylor and Austin Ekeler ?
[Reply]
crispystl 08:50 AM 09-12-2020
Originally Posted by Direckshun:

I never thought about them playing on the same team in college.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Page 2 of 13
< 12 345612 > Last »
Up