ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 174 of 324
« First < 74124164170171172173174 175176177178184224274 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs hire Steve Spagnuolo as new defensive coordinator
TLO 04:33 PM 01-24-2019

The #Chiefs are hiring Steve Spagnuolo as their new defensive coordinator, sources say. The former #Giants DC and interim HC/#Rams HC began his NFL coaching career as an #Eagles assistant under Andy Reid. Now rejoins Big Red in KC.

— Mike Garafolo (@MikeGarafolo) January 24, 2019

[Reply]
RunKC 09:50 AM 02-20-2019
Interesting discussion with Grunny. It’s like we (mostly) are on the same page.

-wants to see Chris Jones at DE more often.
-3 tech DL are a deep in this draft. Should most likely we take one with our first pick.
-keep Houston and trade Ford (disagree here).
-receiver would be a great investment early—one of two 2nd rd picks.

Right now I’m going full Pest. I’d get a massive chubby if we got Jeremy Tillery.
[Reply]
Coogs 10:29 AM 02-20-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:

-3 tech DL are a deep in this draft. Should most likely we take one with our first pick.

Right now I’m going full Pest. I’d get a massive chubby if we got Jeremy Tillery.
If Jones goes out to DE, and we draft a 3 tech with our #1 pick (Casserly gave us Tillery from ND yesterday), how do you see Houston, Ford fitting in?

I would assume some arrangement of Speaks, Nandi, 1st round 3 tech, and Jones is how this scenario is supposed to go, correct? If so, wouldn't keeping Houston and Ford be pretty high priced backups?
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:38 AM 02-20-2019

His name is Jerry Tillery.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:39 AM 02-20-2019
Originally Posted by Coogs:
If Jones goes out to DE, and we draft a 3 tech with our #1 pick (Casserly gave us Tillery from ND yesterday), how do you see Houston, Ford fitting in?

I would assume some arrangement of Speaks, Nandi, 1st round 3 tech, and Jones is how this scenario is supposed to go, correct? If so, wouldn't keeping Houston and Ford be pretty high priced backups?
He said he'd trade Ford.

I'd assume Houston is your SAM at that point.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 10:46 AM 02-20-2019
Also..if Belichick won’t even give Flowers the tag, no less extend the mother****er, isn’t that a red flag?
no.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 10:47 AM 02-20-2019
Yup I’m with you here Pugs. Veach traded up for Speaks. I think he’s starting next season.
who said we weren't starting Speaks?

And why would we move Jones to DE?

I went out for the evening, had some cocktails and slept in and it's like you all went nuts while I was gone. :-)

It's rare to get the kind of pass rush from an interior lineman that Jones gives you. There's no way you move him outside, where he's further away from the QB. It negates all of the things that make him special. He's a natural 3 tech. Would you move Aaron Donald out to DE? Hell no, he's great where he is.

Speaks will be a fine LDE. I think that's the plan.
Nnadi's at Nose, or 1 tech with Williams backing up.
The only question is RDE. Ford gives you pass rush, but no run defense and he rarely plays a full season. Houston would be good but is also often injured and is wildly expensive.

It's probably going to be Ford; and Houston is probably cut.
I like playing with the idea of Flowers because he's young and good, solid all around DE. That seems like a good bet financially. I'm not sure Ford is.
But more than likely, we'll play him on the tag and kick the can down the road a year. It just sucks that the best case scenario with Ford is that he balls out and then he's $20 million a year as a DE in 2020. It'd be tough to pay that in any case, and tough to get anyone else to trade for it.
[Reply]
ModSocks 10:49 AM 02-20-2019
After last years draft a lot of us thought that the players taken were better suited in a 43. Some guys from the draft before could also be better in a 43, such as K-Passo. Their big F/A signing was a 43 guy.

Then Reid goes on record saying that the best scheme in today's NFL is a 43.

Then they hire a 43 coach.

It's refreshing to know that this team prepares a year or two in advance, every season. They're a forward thinking organization, and they were prepared to move on from Sutton barring a change in results.

They didn't just, on a whim, say "Fuck it, we're going for a 43". They've been planning this all along. And much like the transition from Smith to Mahomes, our defensive transition won't be rough and forced.

Feels good bros.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:54 AM 02-20-2019
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
After last years draft a lot of us thought that the players taken were better suited in a 43. Some guys from the draft before could also be better in a 43, such as K-Passo. Their big F/A signing was a 43 guy.

It's refreshing to know that this team prepares a year or two in advance, every season. They're a forward thinking organization, and they were prepared to move on from Sutton barring a change in results.

They didn't just, on a whim, say "Fuck it, we're going for a 43". They've been planning this all along. And much like the transition from Smith to Mahomes, our defensive transition won't be rough and forced.

Feels good bros.
:-)
[Reply]
RollChiefsRoll 10:57 AM 02-20-2019

Feels good bros.
I admire your optimism, brother.
[Reply]
O.city 11:42 AM 02-20-2019

They didn't just, on a whim, say "**** it, we're going for a 43". They've been planning this all along. And much like the transition from Smith to Mahomes, our defensive transition won't be rough and forced.

Feels good bros.
This makes sense and is reasonable.

It has no place here.

Ban
[Reply]
O.city 12:17 PM 02-20-2019

Steve Spagnuolo says he and his staff are not ready yet to say for sure if Dee Ford will return next season as an outside linebacker or a defensive end.

— Nate Taylor (@ByNateTaylor) February 20, 2019

[Reply]
Chris Meck 12:18 PM 02-20-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:

Wha?
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:19 PM 02-20-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Wha?
Exactly what I was thinking.
[Reply]
SAUTO 12:19 PM 02-20-2019
:-)
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:21 PM 02-20-2019
It's gonna be great if they tag Ford and play him at OLB, putting him in pass coverage.
[Reply]
Page 174 of 324
« First < 74124164170171172173174 175176177178184224274 > Last »
Up