ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 16 of 28
« First < 61213141516 1718192026 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>This was not on the refs
Chiefspants 10:33 PM 12-13-2018
Bob Sutton. Andy Reid.

These are the people who can cost us the playoffs.
[Reply]
GoChargers 07:53 AM 12-14-2018
Originally Posted by Rivaldo:
That game a month or so back when the Rams hosted the Packers, it at times felt like a Packers home game
In fairness, Packer fans are the NFC version of Steeler fans. It's hardly surprising that they'd have a big contingent of fans there, nor is it indicative of the Rams' fan support. It's not like the Chargers, where every "home" game is either entirely taken over by opponents' fans or a ghost town.

Originally Posted by :
The league is not manufacturing consent for the NFL in a market they abandoned for a decade
It's not "manufacturing consent," it's damage control. Everything about the Chargers' time in LA has been an unprecedented embarrassment for the NFL, so the league's clearly hoping some fake "success" on the field will distract from how much of a joke they are in all other aspects.
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 07:59 AM 12-14-2018
Originally Posted by Eleazar:
It's not really hard to believe that the league's worst defense could blow a big lead. We're practically known for blowing big leads in big games.

People are having a hard time dealing with the fact that the problem really is personnel on defense, and it can't be fixed in-season - or probably in just one offseason - so even though we finally have the QB we've always needed we're still going to need to wait for our shot. The talent level on defense has decayed too far over the past few years to have any credible chance to win 3 playoff games in a row.
agree 100%
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 08:00 AM 12-14-2018
Originally Posted by Eleazar:
Really, we were inches from losing to Baltimore on Sunday and this meltdown could just as easily have happened then.
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
That game was a warning that this game was coming.
Well, to a degree, you're right. There's no secret that the defense has been a concern all year, based on what I read around here.

Look at the last 4 games - Rams, Raiders, Ravens and Chargers.
KC is 2-2 in that stretch, 1-1 on the road and at home.

There's no denying that KC's offense is a behemoth and they start games in amazing fashion, with the goal of throat punching the opposing defense into submission.

How do they finish games though? If you look at the last 4 games and break out the last 4 drives for KC's offense vs those defenses, and those offenses vs KC's defense... I think you'll be surprised.

16 "final Drives". KC's Offense vs Rams, Raiders, Ravens, Chargers
16 "final Drives". KC's Defense vs Rams, Raiders, Ravens, Chargers
I know it's a lot to ask for the offense to do more, but they haven't recently closed out games as well as they've startd and when the defense is letting teams rally late, that's going to result in what you've had over the last month.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 08:02 AM 12-14-2018
Either way. Rigged or not, you can't take these results seriously after the way those final two plays were called. What the fuck is a penalty anymore? It's just a garbage product.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 08:03 AM 12-14-2018
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
Either way. Rigged or not, you can't take these results seriously after the way those final two plays were called. What the **** is a penalty anymore? It's just a garbage product.
Were you just as mad over the non-call hit on Rivers?
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 08:07 AM 12-14-2018
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
Were you just as mad over the non-call hit on Rivers?
Watch the play again in real time and it looks benign and would most likely never be called as Rivers was falling and DOD appeared to lead with his shoulder. You could see the hit when it was slowed down, but that rarely gets called in game action.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 08:09 AM 12-14-2018
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
Watch the play again in real time and it looks benign and would most likely never be called as Rivers was falling and DOD appeared to lead with his shoulder. You could see the hit when it was slowed down, but that rarely gets called in game action.
Rarely? I think it’s probably pretty split and just as iffy as the EZ push off. I think either could have been called.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 08:12 AM 12-14-2018
The Rivers play looked clean other than super slow mo, Tool
[Reply]
HemiEd 08:15 AM 12-14-2018
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
I swore it myself after the Indy debacle in 2013 as well. They had me for a brief moment after the Seattle win in 2014 until they shit the bed against the Donks after 10 days rest. I said never again after that...and I haven't. "Because Chiefs" is a very, very real thing.
Last year's forward progress call was one more in the "not going to take this shit too serious again" quiver, but then again, I got caught up in the Mahomes magic.

It's just entertainment, it's just entertainment, It's just entertainment, it's just entertainment, It's just entertainment, it's just entertainment, It's just entertainment, it's just entertainment, /banghead
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 08:19 AM 12-14-2018
It's a joke of a sport. It's Sports Entertainment. Chargers have gotten key calls like that all year.
[Reply]
ChiefRocka 08:19 AM 12-14-2018

I know it's a lot to ask for the offense to do more, but they haven't recently closed out games as well as they've startd and when the defense is letting teams rally late, that's going to result in what you've had over the last month.
Great post. That's why you call the game petal to the floor on offense regardless. We cannot win a conventional playoff game this season.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 08:22 AM 12-14-2018
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
The Rivers play looked clean other than super slow mo, Tool
Looked clean sure, just as some would say it didn't look like much of a push off in the EZ. Again, I think most agree the two plays could have gone either way.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 08:34 AM 12-14-2018
Sounds like several are all in on the notion that the NFL is the WWE and the only reason you're still watching is because you think Mahomes makes KC the next John Cena. Interesting.

It's as if there were no bad calls or missed calls that were in KC's favor prior to the final 3 minutes. It's only then that all hell breaks loose and it's always for whicher team is on the other side of the field.

Rivers was on NFLN thanking Reid for taking that final TO... KC's defense still had to stop the guy from being wide open on the 2 point attempt. It's not those decisions that contributed or are more responsible than the others. It's the debatable bobbled pass or a weak ass push off in the EZ that wasn't called, matching a borderline helmet to helmet on Rivers that wasn't called.
I don't care about those calls. It was the phantom hold on Sorensen in the first half that allowed them to score a TD rather than settle for a FG, and the phantom interference that gave them 1st and goal at the 1. In both instances, even Buck said there was absolutely nothing there.

Whether there were a ref agenda is immaterial. Those calls were horrendous. The first one kept them in the game and the second handed them a game-tying TD on a platter. Without those two calls, the Chiefs likely win by double digits.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 08:39 AM 12-14-2018
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
I don't care about those calls. It was the phantom hold on Sorensen in the first half that allowed them to score a TD rather than settle for a FG, and the phantom interference that gave them 1st and goal at the 1. In both instances, even Buck said there was absolutely nothing there.

Whether there were a ref agenda is immaterial. Those calls were horrendous. The first one kept them in the game and the second handed them a game-tying TD on a platter. Without those two calls, the Chiefs likely win by double digits.
I was unable to watch the first half, so I didn't see those calls.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 08:41 AM 12-14-2018
Looked clean sure, just as some would say it didn't look like much of a push off in the EZ. Again, I think most agree the two plays could have gone either way.
He Crabtreed him. Did the same on the DPI. Obvious as fuck.
[Reply]
Page 16 of 28
« First < 61213141516 1718192026 > Last »
Up