ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: What Lever You Flippin??
Yes 16 14.16%
No 16 14.16%
I don't live in Jackson County, but would vote Yes 59 52.21%
I don't live in Jackson County, but would vote No 22 19.47%
Voters: 113. You may not vote on this poll
Page 96 of 96
« First < 46869293949596
Nzoner's Game Room>Stadium Watch 2024 -Jackson County Residents: How Are You Voting?
Pablo 08:28 AM 03-28-2024
Vote in this poll if you actually live in Jackson county.

We've all shared our opinions in the other thread. But who gives a shit what somebody in Platte County or Johnson County or Phoenix or NYC thinks. We're all just noise.
[Reply]
TribalElder 07:05 PM Today
not sure if it was mentioned but KS legislature is already prepping a star bond stadium bullshit thing to try and land the teams over on their side
[Reply]
Boxer_Chief 07:06 PM Today
Originally Posted by TribalElder:
not sure if it was mentioned but KS legislature is already prepping a star bond stadium bullshit thing to try and land the teams over on their side
No way Missouri doesn’t do the same to keep from losing two NFL teams.
[Reply]
TribalElder 07:12 PM Today

The Kansas Legislature is moving to deploy a tool to attract the Kansas City Chiefs and or the Kansas City Royals. https://t.co/nqoH2ItZZN pic.twitter.com/uwCSQ98vJY

— FOX4 News Kansas City (@fox4kc) April 30, 2024

let the royals go to bonner springs

it will be hilarious all the confusion between ks and mo
[Reply]
tk13 07:32 PM Today
Originally Posted by jettio:
Whatever dude. Chiefs like Arrowhead. And hosting World Cup games there and setting it up to have full size field for soccer games in the future makes it much less likely that they would want to leave. FIFA would not have picked KC over Denver and Nashville and Cincinnati if it were not for Lamar Hunt's connection to growing the game and Arrowhead being a unique venue. Arrowhead hosted one of the best Messi events since he moved to MLS and it was not even set up for the better field size.
They can do every bit of that in a new stadium. Mark Donovan said the area isn't worth investing in and this weekend Clark Hunt said maybe it's time to look for a new stadium. They're basically telling you what they're about to do. People will say they're negotiating and that may be true but the thing is Jackson County is going to have to come back with more than the tax that just failed and I don't think Frank White will go for that in a million years. It feels like that bridge may be burned.
[Reply]
-King- 07:45 PM Today
Originally Posted by tk13:
They can do every bit of that in a new stadium. Mark Donovan said the area isn't worth investing in and this weekend Clark Hunt said maybe it's time to look for a new stadium. They're basically telling you what they're about to do. People will say they're negotiating and that may be true but the thing is Jackson County is going to have to come back with more than the tax that just failed and I don't think Frank White will go for that in a million years. It feels like that bridge may be burned.
If they don't want a new stadium in the TSC, I don't know where else they can build inside KC city limits if people had such a problem with the downtown Royals stadium.

I also don't see what the legends has that they can't replicate in the TSC. Some outlet stores a movie theater and a couple bar and grills? Maybe it's cause I've lived on the Missouri side basically my whole life but I can't imagine if those same things were at the TSC, people wouldn't rather go there than drive to Kansas.

If Clark matched what Sherman was putting in for the stadium to build a new one and it included some kind of roof, voters would have said yes to the last vote. I just don't get the strategy the Chiefs are using and how the legends are is so appealing if that's what they're threatening the city and county with.
[Reply]
Rain Man 07:48 PM Today
I'm kind of curious why it matters to Missouri residents. If the rich people fleece taxpayers to get stadiums built, then a Missouri resident would want it to be built just over the border in Kansas so they can go to games without paying for the stadium, right? Or am I missing something?
[Reply]
jettio 07:48 PM Today
White barely won the last primary and the only reason he was ever elected is because nobody pays much attention to that election.

Why would Clark Hunt shit away all the goodwill the Chiefs have built up by acting like a unrealistic bitch that does not know who is who?
[Reply]
tk13 07:57 PM Today
Originally Posted by jettio:
White barely won the last primary and the only reason he was ever elected is because nobody pays much attention to that election.

Why would Clark Hunt shit away all the goodwill the Chiefs have built up by acting like a unrealistic bitch that does not know who is who?
Clark isn't going to see it that way. They're going to see it as they gave Jackson County a chance and they were told no by a pretty convincing margin.

Frank White doesn't leave office until Jan. 2027. They aren't going to wait 3 years to solve this even if they stayed in Arrowhead. They have to have all of this decided by sometime in 2025 to start construction.
[Reply]
-King- 07:57 PM Today
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I'm kind of curious why it matters to Missouri residents. If the rich people fleece taxpayers to get stadiums built, then a Missouri resident would want it to be built just over the border in Kansas so they can go to games without paying for the stadium, right? Or am I missing something?
Call it stupid civic pride or whatever, but I like the fact that the Chiefs play in the city I'm from.

And plus, Kansas fucking sucks. So there's also that.
[Reply]
tk13 08:00 PM Today
This is from today: https://www.kmbc.com/article/jackson...ation/60641473

Originally Posted by :
Jackson County Executive Frank White says he is not in communication with the Kansas City Chiefs or Kansas City Royals.

The Jackson County Legislature met on Monday.

Responding to a question from Jackson County legislator Manny Abarca, White said there are "no new strategies about how to keep them in Jackson County."

He said the county is monitoring reports and statements from the teams, including Chiefs CEO Clark Hunt's comments about a potential new stadium for the Chiefs.

"We're paying attention to the teams, and we're paying attention to the articles we read," White said. "We're responding to that statement this afternoon."

On Monday, a Kansas committee initiated the process of developing a STAR Bond proposal that could entice the Chiefs or Royals to move across state lines, but White said Jackson County would not rush the process.

"We're just waiting for the right opportunity," White said. "It's just been a few weeks, so we just give it a little time. Everyone has to take time to reassess where they are and I don't think that process can be rushed."

[Reply]
jettio 09:35 PM Today
Clark isn't going to see it that way. They're going to see it as they gave Jackson County a chance and they were told no by a pretty convincing margin.

Frank White doesn't leave office until Jan. 2027. They aren't going to wait 3 years to solve this even if they stayed in Arrowhead. They have to have all of this decided by sometime in 2025 to start construction.
That's what you say.

https://www.kctv5.com/2024/04/22/con...orld-cup-2026/

Chiefs are going to work with city, county and state to pay for changes to Arrowhead for World Cup 2026.

Laura Kelly and KCK were onboard with the World Cup bid because they want some teams to set up camps there. You think the Kansas City Sports Commission that put in all that work and Clark Hunt are going to say there is no priority in having the entities that had to work together like crazy to get the World Cup in the smallest North American market to get games in continuing to work together.

There is no reason to worry about where to play in 2032 that makes it a good idea to create dissension right now over some shit that can be figured out much later.

The Bills plan to play their 2026 schedule in their new stadium and they did not have deal until March 2022 and did not start moving dirt until October 2023.

Chiefs should not be in a hurry to kill fanbase morale no later than 2025 and kill bistate cooperation ahead of the biggest bistate accomplishment of getting World Cup games so that it turns out bad.
[Reply]
Page 96 of 96
« First < 46869293949596
Up