ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 8
« First < 34567 8 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Raiders will be our main rival for the next foreseeable future.
Hog's Gone Fishin 09:14 PM 08-11-2020
This is a really nice video put together by a Raiders fan about how we will be competitive. It seems slow at first but it's really enjoyable. Mayock has drafted well. And I'm referring to AFCW opponents BTW

[Reply]
Eureka 01:55 AM 09-22-2020
Originally Posted by Chieftain:
I've said it here twice before and will repeat it again. The Raiders are the team I hate the most. There is a reason we have something called Raider Week. Not Bronco Week or Charger Week but Raider Week. The first time I developed hate for the Raiders was at a game in the late 90s when punter Louie Aguilar got into a fight with the Raider punter (forgot his name). That was crazy to watch. I've had the displeasure of being around Raider fans most of my life. These ****ers are everywhere. In every state. There is something said about the Raider mystique that draws people to become fans. I don't get it. Maybe it's those evil looking black&silver uniforms. I just can't understand what is appealing about a team who has a tradition of losing for the last two decades. And who played in a shitty ass place like Oakland. The Bengals have had more recent success than the Raiders. They seem to have a huge following particularly amongst the black and latino communities. I have yet to meet a mexican or mexican-american who isn't a raider fan. In addition to their annoying fanbase, they also happen to have a horrible owner whose father was even worse of a human being than his weirdo son. When the Chiefs would lose at any given week, my bitterness was lessened with seeing the Raiders lose too.
Reading this I can hear the The Emperor from star wars saying "Use your aggressive feelings boy, let the hate flow through you."

It's nice to have a team to hate especially when your team plays them.
[Reply]
scho63 03:32 AM 09-22-2020
I thought Brees looked like shit most of the game.
[Reply]
Rasputin 04:05 AM 09-22-2020
I hope Chargers never realize what they have with Herbert and stick with Tyrod Taylor for the foreseeable future. If they tap into Hebert potential they could be competitive and push the West to elevate Chiefs to play better or get beat.
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 05:47 AM 09-22-2020
Originally Posted by Rasputin:
I hope Chargers never realize what they have with Herbert and stick with Tyrod Taylor for the foreseeable future. If they tap into Hebert potential they could be competitive and push the West to elevate Chiefs to play better or get beat.
Bring it. You win a tough division, you get respect. You win a shitty division...you get talked about like the Patriots.
[Reply]
htismaqe 06:12 AM 09-22-2020
Originally Posted by Rasputin:
Lots of kids play well when the other team doesn't expect them to play and there's no tape on them.

More often than not, they fall back to earth.

The chances of Herbert, Tua, AND Burrow being good are remote.
[Reply]
ILChief 06:19 AM 09-22-2020
Originally Posted by scho63:
He is washed up. It’s even more glaring without Thomas padding his stats. They should play Jameis. At least he can throw it 15 yards.
[Reply]
Skyy God 06:21 AM 09-22-2020
Thomas is a huge target, and his absence was felt.

Also, Brees’ arm is washed.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:47 AM 09-22-2020
Originally Posted by InChiefsHeaven:
Bring it. You win a tough division, you get respect. You win a shitty division...you get talked about like the Patriots.
**** that. Have you forgot the new playoff format? Only 1 bye. Everyone is going to play one more playoff game from now on but 1 team.

One more game with a chance of injury. Week 2 this year Mahomes had a player fall on him with his whole body weight and push his shoulder into the ground. We lose Mahomes, we aint winning a Super Bowl.

Respect? You win Super Bowls. you get respect.:-)
[Reply]
smithandrew051 08:06 AM 09-22-2020
I think we’re seeing a weird distribution of teams this year.

It looks like there are maybe 4-5 true Super Bowl contenders. All will probably finish 11-5 or better.

Then there’s a HUGE middle class of teams that aren’t Super Bowl contenders, but also aren’t complete bottom feeders. These teams will all finish in the 6-10 to 10-6 range.

Finally there’s a small group of really bad teams. These will be lucky to win 4 games.

I think there are far fewer actual contenders than usual. The middle class is all about the same despite the way their records fall. I put LV and NO in that middle class.
[Reply]
mililo4cpa 08:22 AM 09-22-2020
Originally Posted by ILChief:
He is washed up. It’s even more glaring without Thomas padding his stats. They should play Jameis. At least he can throw it 15 yards.
Brees wasn't particularly impressive in either of the first two games, but over the past couple of years, by the time December roles around, he looks every bid of the 40+ year old he is.

I wasn't particularly worried about the Saints game (who is when you have Pat?), but thought it would be a good test for the Chiefs. I was pleasantly surprised to see that game late in the year, because this year isn't going to be any different than the last few years, and that was before seeing Brees looking shot. It's not going to get any better for him as the season rolls on....
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 08:34 AM 09-22-2020
The Raiders defense is still garbage.
[Reply]
tredadda 08:40 AM 09-22-2020
I would rather have the Patriots six SBs than respect for playing in a tough division.
[Reply]
kcclone 08:56 AM 09-22-2020

Ehhh, if the Patriots play in a tough division, they probably have 3-4 rings instead of 6.

This isn’t college basketball where playing a tough schedule is rewarded.

I’ll take home field and an easy division all day.
[Reply]
Strongside 08:56 AM 09-22-2020
This.

Brees seems to have completely lost his ability to accurately throw the ball more than 12 - 15 yards.

Looks like Matt Cassel's noodle arm out there.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:59 AM 09-22-2020
Originally Posted by kcclone:
Ehhh, if the Patriots play in a tough division, they probably have 3-4 rings instead of 6.

This isn’t college basketball where playing a tough schedule is rewarded.

I’ll take home field and an easy division all day.
Agreed.

The whole 'steel sharpens steel' thing has been pretty well disproven in major professional sports.

Give me the easy division and clean path to HFA and a bye 100 times out of 100. These teams are ALL full of professionals. You cite College ball and you're right - college ball can force teams into lulls while beating shitty opponents because oftentimes those opponents are TRULY shitty.

But in the Show - EVERYONE is an incredible athlete. They're all extremely strong and extremely fast. They're all among the greatest athletes on the damn planet, even if they aren't quite as good for whatever reason as their elite peers.

Even a bad NFL team isn't SO bad that they'd make you soft. There's a threshold level of parity that has to come between opponents to keep the superior squad honest and at the NFL level, all 32 teams reach that threshold.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 8
« First < 34567 8 >
Up